• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Just a Quick Question About Mileage. When We Put That in on Our Pp

I think it is .40 now. For driving over 100 miles, you would only be able to deduct .40 cents per mile. So if you drove 1000 miles, you would only be able to deduct 40 cents from your taxes.Thanks!
Swirl
Just a quick question about mileage. When we put that in on our pp orders how is that paid? I noticed on my recent commission check it was not included. Also is there a limit on this, I did a show for a relative all the way across Va..which ended up being about 350 miles one way. Just wanted to see if any of you drive long distance and how does PC pay for mileage?

Swirl said:
Just a quick question about mileage. When we put that in on our pp orders how is that paid? I noticed on my recent commission check it was not included. Also is there a limit on this, I did a show for a relative all the way across Va..which ended up being about 350 miles one way. Just wanted to see if any of you drive long distance and how does PC pay for mileage?
PC does not pay for mileage but we can deduct it from our taxes. All business mileage is deductable as long as you keep records. Putting it on Pampered Partner just helps you keep track of it and you can get a print out of all your expenses right from PP making tax day easier for you. But, in case you are ever audited, I would also keep records to back up what you put in PP.

Mileage is not necessarily deductibleRead the insert in the Dec KCN that is between pages 10 and 11. "Generally, the miles driven to and from a Kitchen Show to your home are a nondeductible cost. The miles are treated as a personal commuting expense, unless your home qualifies as your principal place of business." There follows criteria and an explanantion for what qualifies your home office as your principal place of business.

Not saying it cannot be done, just make sure you are following the IRS guidelines.

Not a tax advisor,

Robin

The best advice I could give you would be to speak with your accountant. That person should be a CPA.

Yes, mileage is tax deductible. Now a 350 mile trip might raise some eyebrows because why in all honesty would you travel that far to make say $150.00.

Generally it is tax deductible.I was an accountant before deciding to stay home with my kids and do PC full-time. This is what I went to college for. I am not a CPA, but have taken a few tax courses. It is tax deductible, just keep good records of your mielage to your shows in the chance of an audit. It is a good idea to get a notebook every year for it, and just leave it in your car to log your mileage. Sit down with your accountant so you can be sure to take all of the deductions you are entitled to and not miss anything.

luvs2sellit said:
Yes, mileage is tax deductible. Now a 350 mile trip might raise some eyebrows because why in all honesty would you travel that far to make say $150.00.
The trip was that long just because she is family and loves PC, and it doesn't hurt that she lives at the beach!!!! I am planning on trying a website for the new year so that will help out with future orders for her and her friends. Besides I love to travel, nothing like getting out on the road and seeing new things.

Also, why would PP have a place to put in mileage if we are not able to deduct it in some way. Why keep up with it if we can't do anything with it.

I travel all of the time to do shows. I live in Wyoming and the closest city is about 200 miles. My CPA has never said anything about my mileage deductions. I have also traveled over 400 miles on way to do a PC show for family and my CPA said that it was fine. I always try to tie in a PC show when I do go see family. As long as you have a valid reason for the travel you can deduct the mileage.

As far as PP goes, I use this at tax time for my income and expenses and include my mileage in it to give to my CPA!!

yes Marlene, I do the same thing with PP. That is what it is intended for. I was just stating the above to reply to the post that did not think you could use mileage as a deduction.

Cents?Does anyone know what the cents deduction is for mileage. Last I heard was .405, but it might have changed. Thanks!

chefmama said:
Does anyone know what the cents deduction is for mileage. Last I heard was .405, but it might have changed. Thanks!
That was the amount for Jan thru Aug, then it went up to .485 for the last 4 months of 2005.

Last edited:
Thanks!For the info!!

:D

Just wondering...I did a show a few months back and I was not sure of they locations so I took at run through the directions during the days so at night I would not get lost. Do you think I can deduct those miles too?

What I do to back up my mileage info is to printout driving directions on Mapquest which also states the mileage. Then after using them for the party I attach it to my show info for my records.

map quest is a good idea but I did that once then i called the host to make sure it was right, and map quest was sending me the longest way possible to her house.

Yes, you can!
Chef Michelle D said:
I did a show a few months back and I was not sure of they locations so I took at run through the directions during the days so at night I would not get lost. Do you think I can deduct those miles too?

Yes, you can deduct all of your business related mileage, including trips to deliver host packets, shopping for business supplies, business errands such as post office runs, grocery store visits for ingredients, and driving to sales meetings! Just be sure to keep a mileage log so that you know what to claim at tax time!

1. What is mileage and why do we need to track it for Pampered Chef?

Mileage refers to the distance traveled by a vehicle for business purposes. At Pampered Chef, we track mileage to accurately report business-related travel expenses for tax purposes.

2. How do I input mileage on our Pampered Chef website?

To input mileage on our website, go to the "Business Tools" section and click on "Mileage Tracker." Then, click on the "+ New Mileage Entry" button and fill in the required information, including date, starting and ending locations, and total miles traveled.

3. Can I track mileage for personal as well as business use?

No, the mileage tracker on our Pampered Chef website is only for business-related travel. Please use a separate method to track personal mileage.

4. What is the reimbursement rate for mileage at Pampered Chef?

The current reimbursement rate for mileage at Pampered Chef is $0.58 per mile, which is in line with the standard mileage rate set by the IRS.

5. Do I need to keep physical records of my mileage in addition to tracking it on the Pampered Chef website?

Yes, it is important to keep physical records of your mileage, such as a mileage log or receipts, in case of an audit or for your own personal records. The mileage tracker on our website is designed to supplement these physical records, not replace them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • thecougchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • PampChefJoy