• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join the Wave 3 Meet Up Poll: Help Plan Our Next Gathering!

In summary, the unofficial planning committee wants to hold a Wave 3 Meet Up to see what the majority of interested meet-up-ers want to do. They have a poll to see what the preferred time and location is. The only option that's available to those who are unable to attend the Directors training is Monday morning. Those who are attending the Directors training will have to find another time to meet.

When/Where do you want to meet up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LOL

Yeah, well..... he always says that when I leave him, he's turning gay and going after George Strait..... LOL He just LOVES "King George"..... I got him tickets to his concert in Tacoma for his BDay. He was just in heaven, just being in the presence of "royalty".....

WOW!!!!!! I don't think I've ever heard a man say that! I like George Strait, but the music....not the man! Keith is another story! Like him and his music!
Looks like we pulled off a pretty good hijack here!!

LOL Yeah, My John is a weird guy..... gotta know him to love him.

HEY! Kitchen Guy would be so PROUD of this hijack!!!! lol

I've been studying KG's habits.....shhhhhh.....don't tell anyone!!! HA HA!

LOL!!!!! Your secret is safe with me (and the rest of the Cheffers ;))

LOL....Don't know if that's good or bad...but hopefully only the wave 3 cheffers will read this...KG's not in our wave...so, hopefully my secret is safe....tee hee!!

LOL I doubt that KG's reading has any boundaries...... ;)

Actually, I don't know that he ever ventures out of the lounge...I don't think I've ever seen a post from him outside the lounge! Quite the wealth of knowledge, though...he should post in other areas! Should be interesting to see if we get "spanked" for hijacking this thread.....not like anyone else never hijacks!

LOL!!!!!!

Yes, KG is a wealth of knowledge.....

There's a lot of those "book o' knowledge" types around here ;) (I mean that in the BEST way possible! I call my dd my little book o' knowledge all the time..... she's just too smart for her age,..... knows WAY TOO MUCH! lol)

Kathytnt said:
Christy - Does Strait fan mean George Strait?? I am going to see Keith Urban on the 6th. I am so excited First Keith and then conference. What more could a girl ask for!!!
OMG:D I am soooo jealous!! I just adore him! That is one concert I'm DYING to go to! The closest one this tour is 6 hours away from me....I hinted to dh--ha! Maybe next year...

YES! Straitfan DOES mean GEORGE! I am a borderline stalker when it comes to this man. I've been a fan since 1982 when I was a sophomore in high school and my best friend and I got to go on his bus and meet him. Hardly anyone knew who he was then! I promise I'm not psycho, but I've seen the man over 25 times in concert. I've even kissed him!!!!!!!
My son is named Justin after his boots, and I have a limited edition pair of George Strait Justin boots dated 1999 (the year of my little guy's birth) that I'm going to bequeth to him someday!
Keith just doesn't do it for me. I "was country when country wasn't cool" and I don't think Keith is very country. Probably stems from the fact that several years ago he played the state fair as a warm up for someone and performed a lot of cover songs, one of them being "Amarillo by Morning" which he just slaughtered!!! (It all comes back to George doesn't it?!?!?)
Okay, now you've all discovered my obsession you're probably scared to meet me in Chicago right? Should be alright as long as THE MAN isn't scheduled to perform!

LOL Christy!!!! I was also country before country was cool.....

You're definitely a huge fan!!!! ;)

Wow this poll is getting neck to neck! We need to make a decission soon about Monday night! I just know that I'm eating lunch on Monday with some of you! I don't even know where but I am!:D

chefjeanine said:
Okay, here is another thought -- instead of meeting for coffee/tea on Monday morning There is a "restaurant" at McCormick that we could meet at for lunch before our classes start.

It's on the other side of the bridge (away from the theatre and our usual registration area). It's a cafeteria style place. They have a variety of foods (including a salad bar) for reasonable rates. Anyone else know the place I'm talking about?

Maybe we could meet there for an early lunch on Monday. Those of us who aren't going to the Director's training will have to find somewhere to eat. . .
It's been years since I've been to conference. You might need to meet me somewhere and hold my hand and get me there!! :eek: LOL!!!!:D :rolleyes: ;)

AJPratt said:
We have discussed a Wave 3 Meet Up on another thread. So, we (the unofficial planning committee) wanted to put up a poll to see what the majority of interested meet-up-ers want to do. We thought if we set a time of 8-10, it might give people a window to drop in just in case their dinner event runs late.
okay, how come the originator of this poll/thread hasn't voted yet!:D :confused:

Yes it is! Monday night seems to be the time! (Except for some of us also meeting for lunch.) I would vote for Sheraton for selfish reasons! But where ever would be fine with me!

MissChef said:
okay, how come the originator of this poll/thread hasn't voted yet!:D :confused:
I didn't think it would be fair to be the first vote.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

But don't worry... I just put in my selfish vote! LOL

AJPratt said:
Yes it is! Monday night seems to be the time! (Except for some of us also meeting for lunch.) I would vote for Sheraton for selfish reasons! But where ever would be fine with me!
Yeah, I'm with you! Plus the Sheraton is so nice!:D

I"m all for the selfish vote too, lol! I do want as many as possible to meet though!

yeah Lacy, that's what I'm trying to convey too! If we end up making Seraton be the official place because it wins in votes, but some can't make it cause it's too far away, I'd be flexible and meet somewhere else and not throw a fit!:p :rolleyes: ;) Because I'd like to meet everyone!:D

I am getting so excited about conference. I actually get back from my family vacation the day before I leave for conference. I will miss out on so much of the talk for the week...but I will be tjinking of you all. Can someone PM me when a decision is made, so I don't end up missing the thread???

I need cool ideas of things and notes to elave for my hubby while I am gone. It will be the longest we have been apart since we met a little over two years ago. (Can I hear an Awwwwww)

I am so excited about conference but I am gonig to really miss him

My mom was a HUGE George Strait fan. I like other artists but tend to go to the more modern country Rascal Flatts, Carrie Underwood, Lone Star (very nice guys) I started listening to country because of Clint Black and progressed to Garth Brooks. The minister who married my hubby and I also married Garth and Trish a short time later.

Kathytnt said:
I need cool ideas of things and notes to elave for my hubby while I am gone. It will be the longest we have been apart since we met a little over two years ago. (Can I hear an Awwwwww)

I am so excited about conference but I am gonig to really miss him
We don't spend much time apart, either. The last was NC!

Anyone else have any thoughts about this vote?

It's cool if it's at the Sheraton. Maybe the Hilton folks can meet up and caravan over together. I can help y'all navigate the EL to get there.

I would love to just be at the Sheraton, is there an espresso bar nearby?

Also, we have 27 names on the list and 18 voted, so I'm hoping to hear from a few others...

Just looked....

From the Hilton, grab the #6 bus Northbound. It runs every 10-15 mins and takes about 10 mins to get within a block or two of the Sheraton. It should be really easy to get there and back.

Debbie,You seem to know the area. Is there an espresso place nearby?

DebbieJ said:
It's cool if it's at the Sheraton. Maybe the Hilton folks can meet up and caravan over together. I can help y'all navigate the EL to get there.

I'm at the hilton - let me know how you want to "hook up"! I'd rather go with someone else than by myself....not that I don't know how to manuever a "big city"...but safety is in numbers.

AJPratt said:
Debbie,You seem to know the area. Is there an espresso place nearby?

The part of the city between the Hilton and the Sheraton really caters to the daily working crowd, not the night crowd. Add to that the proliferation of chain coffee houses, and we're not going to find a nice cozy espresso place. My DH works downtown and he didn't give me much hope.

The Sheraton is a little off the beaten path, but that area immediately north of the river on Michigan Ave has really exploded in the last few years and I haven't been down there to check it all out lately, so there could be something there and I just don't know it.

I'll see if I can do some more digging...I might be headed downtown this week if for the Taste of Chicago and if so I can check it out in person.

THanks Deb! It's good to have a Chicagoan that can check things out for us! We stayed at the Sheraton 2 years ago, & I can't remember what was nearby.
I don't know who all has/hasn't voted, but amerrigan is in my cluster at the Sheraton & I'm sure she'll be up for whatever:)
On a side note, is anyone from our group getting the Paige ribbons from Ann?

lacychef said:
On a side note, is anyone from our group getting the Paige ribbons from Ann?
I can pop some in an envelope and into the mail, but I'll need to get an address soon - it's laundry and packing day here, and I have to work Thur and Fri.

I know someone has asked Ann about the ribbons.

Thanks, Deb... I am up for going anywhere... If we wind up at a Starbucks, those of us at Sheraton can share a cab or two.

chefann said:
I can pop some in an envelope and into the mail, but I'll need to get an address soon - it's laundry and packing day here, and I have to work Thur and Fri.
If you want to send them to me, you can. Unless someone else really wants them, don't want to step on any toes.

I hope we know something about Paige long before conference

I voted for Sheraton on Monday night but still don't know if my cluster is doing anything that night. I am supposed to have a conference call with my director and the other ladies from our cluster before conference. We have our cluster meeting on Monday night

Now to figure out what to wear for our banquet.

I am opening to meeting with people on Sundy night. I fly in at about 3:15 and I am at the Hilton

THanks Anne, I"m glad you or someone if they already offered will have them. Though, I'm staying positive that we won't even need the ribbons by then because she will be home safe & sound:)

Ann, you have my addy--you can send them to me, too.

lacychef said:
THanks Anne, I"m glad you or someone if they already offered will have them. Though, I'm staying positive that we won't even need the ribbons by then because she will be home safe & sound:)
Me too!!!!!!

So where at the Sheraton will we be meeting? Or are we still trying to figure out what is in the area? I'd think it would work to meet in the lobby then walk to our ultimate destination. It's my first time at conference. Celebrated one year with PC yesterday!!!!!!

Congrats Jackie on your one year, I think your idea to meet and walk somewhere is good or we just meet in the restaurant there or does anyone else have a better idea?

I want to meet up too, just not sure what you've all decided, I'm staying at the Sheraton.

Lisa

WOW! I have 28 names. I think what I am going to ask everyone to do is to email me a "request" for the names and then I'll just email you back with the list. Not everyone gave me their email in the contact info, so it might just be easier to do that. I could also try to PM everyone the info. I think I can do 5 at a time.

Let me know what you think! OR... if you have a better solution, I would be happy to try it!

I think I need to change my hotel info! We've changed hotels, (I think....) lol oh well, you've got my cell number ;)

I think sending the email and you replying with the list is a good plan!

Emailing you sounds good Anne. Do you have 2 emails now? Do you prefer the old one I have, or your new one from your coffee shop?
I'm getting excited to see your faces in person:)

So when are we going to decide where? :eek:
I don't mind emailing you, just let me know where to!:)

Celeste: Your cell is the important thing, if we need it. And, I'm glad you're OK with emailing me.

Lacy: Me, too! Either address goes to the right place!

Cathy: Someone suggested that we meet at Sheraton and walk somewhere... I know Sheraton has some things nearby. Is there a place *in* the Seraton to meet? Email: [email protected]

I think the Sheraton has 2 restaurants, the indoor/outdoor one, and some type of bar/restaurant I think...
I'll try to do some checking later to see what's nearby...

Anne- I just put 36 ribbons in the mail to you this morning. They do have pins. :) And they're in a small box so they shouldn't be a pain to pack.

<H2>1. What is a Wave 3 Meet Up?</H2><p>A Wave 3 Meet Up is a gathering of Pampered Chef consultants and customers who are interested in learning more about the company, products, and business opportunities.</p><H2>2. When is the proposed time for the Meet Up?</H2><p>The proposed time for the Meet Up is 8-10 PM. This will allow for a window of time for attendees to drop in, in case their dinner event runs late.</p><H2>3. Who is organizing the Meet Up?</H2><p>The unofficial planning committee is organizing the Meet Up. They are Pampered Chef consultants who are passionate about bringing people together to learn, share, and have fun.</p><H2>4. What will be discussed at the Meet Up?</H2><p>The agenda for the Meet Up will depend on the interests and needs of the attendees. Possible topics include product demonstrations, business tips, and networking opportunities.</p><H2>5. How can I participate in the Meet Up?</H2><p>You can participate in the Meet Up by filling out the poll and indicating your interest in attending. Once the details are finalized, you will receive an invitation with the location and any additional information.</p>

Related to Join the Wave 3 Meet Up Poll: Help Plan Our Next Gathering!

1. What is a Wave 3 Meet Up?

A Wave 3 Meet Up is a gathering of Pampered Chef consultants and customers who are interested in learning more about the company, products, and business opportunities.

2. When is the proposed time for the Meet Up?

The proposed time for the Meet Up is 8-10 PM. This will allow for a window of time for attendees to drop in, in case their dinner event runs late.

3. Who is organizing the Meet Up?

The unofficial planning committee is organizing the Meet Up. They are Pampered Chef consultants who are passionate about bringing people together to learn, share, and have fun.

4. What will be discussed at the Meet Up?

The agenda for the Meet Up will depend on the interests and needs of the attendees. Possible topics include product demonstrations, business tips, and networking opportunities.

5. How can I participate in the Meet Up?

You can participate in the Meet Up by filling out the poll and indicating your interest in attending. Once the details are finalized, you will receive an invitation with the location and any additional information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
TammyJo
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies
Views
Melissa78
Replies
Views