• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join the Wave 3 Meet Up Poll: Help Plan Our Next Gathering!

In summary, the unofficial planning committee wants to hold a Wave 3 Meet Up to see what the majority of interested meet-up-ers want to do. They have a poll to see what the preferred time and location is. The only option that's available to those who are unable to attend the Directors training is Monday morning. Those who are attending the Directors training will have to find another time to meet.

When/Where do you want to meet up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
AJPratt
Silver Member
We have discussed a Wave 3 Meet Up on another thread. So, we (the unofficial planning committee) wanted to put up a poll to see what the majority of interested meet-up-ers want to do. We thought if we set a time of 8-10, it might give people a window to drop in just in case their dinner event runs late.

The only one I definatly cannot do is MOnday MOrning becasue I will be at the Home office tour

Can't vote twice. I would like to have the chance to meet at McCormick on Monday morning AND Monday evening 8ish-10ish at a centrally located Starbucks or similar location.

And when I say Monday "morning" it does not have to be early. Those of us not attending the Directors training have free time until 1:00.

Sorry! I tried to edit the poll to allow it, but couldn't...

AJPratt said:
Sorry! I tried to edit the poll to allow it, but couldn't...

That's okay, just wanted to indicate that I was open to two options.

Thank you for creating and posting this poll. Your efforts on gathering us together are greatly appreciated!!!!!

I guess most of the banquests are Tuesday evening - My director is saying we will probably be doing dinner Sunday or Monday which means no one has anything definate yet

I am assuming since I am doing the HO tour Monday morning it will take up most of the morning

Is anyone getting some copies of the Trifle Bowl book to show at the CS meeting. My budget is a bit tight but I am considering ordering a set

McCormick place gets my vote for the Monday morning! So Anne can you come up with a place inside McCormick place that we can all meet? Cause I'm all over that!:)
But my official vote was for Monday night. I just think the Sheraton has a nice atmosphere, but I'm flexible as long as we meet Monday night! I guess majority wins on this one! So we'll see!;)

There is a Starbucks in McCormick. . .but they have weird hours (I'm talking about the one that is on the other side of the bridge). I'm wondering if they'll have the "Pampered Chef Cafe" open for all the consultants who will be registering.

I don't think we can get into the vendors until after the Directors do, so we won't be able to go into that area.

Usually there are a few tables set up in front of the main doors to the theatre. . .that could be a gathering spot.

Just some thoughts.

The Starbucks are open 9a-5p. I called to see if either would be a good spot.

AJPratt said:
The Starbucks are open 9a-5p. I called to see if either would be a good spot.

Just checking -- did you call the ones inside the McCormick? I know they seemed never to be open when we wanted them to be. . .

Yes. There is one on Mezzanine level and another on the east wing or something like that. But the person I talked to said they had the same hours.

How far is it from the Hilton to the Sheraton? Anyone know?

I voted for the central location Mon evening, though I'm not sure yet what my cluster has planned. Of course I'd rather meet at the Sheraton, but that's just selfish reasons so we don't have to take cabs, lol!
I'd go for Monday morning too, but I"m a little confused about the booths. Because I thought the directors were seeing the new Merrill stuff first, but on CC it says 'registration & booths open 6:30am-7:30pm'. Me personally, I don't see much use in going to McCormick until the first class, unless we do for sure get to see the booths. (& of course it says "booths", but we only have one vendor!)

Lunch on Monday?
lacychef said:
Me personally, I don't see much use in going to McCormick until the first class, unless we do for sure get to see the booths. (& of course it says "booths", but we only have one vendor!)

Okay, here is another thought -- instead of meeting for coffee/tea on Monday morning There is a "restaurant" at McCormick that we could meet at for lunch before our classes start.

It's on the other side of the bridge (away from the theatre and our usual registration area). It's a cafeteria style place. They have a variety of foods (including a salad bar) for reasonable rates. Anyone else know the place I'm talking about?

Maybe we could meet there for an early lunch on Monday. Those of us who aren't going to the Director's training will have to find somewhere to eat. . .

THat's a thought Jeanine! I haven't eaten at that place before. When we stayed at the Sheraton 2 years ago, we ate across the street at the NBC building-there's a cheap restaurant just inside there....
what do the other non-directors think about lunch???

I will be unable to join you if you do an early lunch on Monday because the HO tours go until 12:30 I chose the late one so I didn't have to get up extremely early. Although I will have at least two directors in my room getting ready for the breakfast so I won't have to worry about sleeping in anyway.

chefjeanine said:
Okay, here is another thought -- instead of meeting for coffee/tea on Monday morning There is a "restaurant" at McCormick that we could meet at for lunch before our classes start.

It's on the other side of the bridge (away from the theatre and our usual registration area). It's a cafeteria style place. They have a variety of foods (including a salad bar) for reasonable rates. Anyone else know the place I'm talking about?

Maybe we could meet there for an early lunch on Monday. Those of us who aren't going to the Director's training will have to find somewhere to eat. . .
THIS SOUNDS FABULOUS!!! :D I like the idea and I say let's do it!:D Then I don't have to worry about where to eat and all that and I love salads! Salad bars are right up my alley!;)
And I can always get my coffee by myself in the morning! Because I'll need it!:eek: :rolleyes: I'd love to meet for lunch! I really hope this is the plan! Okay now what time?

I would be fine with lunch but I would hate for the directors to miss out.

AJPratt said:
I would be fine with lunch but I would hate for the directors to miss out.

I'm not suggesting we cut out a get-together on Monday night. . .I want to have the chance to meet EVERYONE. This could just be an additional opportunity for some of us to gather when we have free time.

I would still want to meet at night too!!! That case the directors can be there too! I just would like to meet up at lunch with a few of you, it doesn't have to the "official meeting spot!" I just figured we have to eat anyway, so why not just get together, even if it's only just a few of us! I hate eating alone and as I said before, all my friends are directors and I will be lonely! So I need you guys to make me feel happy! J/K! But seriously I will have more fun with you gals then by myself!;)

OK... Wow. Three opportunities to socialize? Wow--that's roughing it for me! LOL

MissChef said:
I would still want to meet at night too!!! That case the directors can be there too! I just would like to meet up at lunch with a few of you, it doesn't have to the "official meeting spot!" I just figured we have to eat anyway, so why not just get together, even if it's only just a few of us! I hate eating alone and as I said before, all my friends are directors and I will be lonely! So I need you guys to make me feel happy! J/K! But seriously I will have more fun with you gals then by myself!;)
Sounds good. I think I'll be on my own as well.

chefjeanine said:
I'm not suggesting we cut out a get-together on Monday night. . .I want to have the chance to meet EVERYONE. This could just be an additional opportunity for some of us to gather when we have free time.
you were typing when I was!!! My thoughts exactly! You just know how to word it quicker! My hubby always says, I can go on and on!:rolleyes:

We're all typing at the same time! LOL Great minds think alike!

AJPratt said:
Sounds good. I think I'll be on my own as well.
Great, then it's a plan, even if it's only just a few! It's not the "official" spot, it's just "doing lunch with some friends!!!":D I like that saying, if I do say so myself!:D :D ;)

Anne- did you get the "ribbons" for your meet-up(s)?

boy check us out! I don't think we'll run out of things to say at both social gatherings!:eek: :D :rolleyes:

The problem will be that there's 20 conversations going on at once!

Well seems like everyone is leaning toward at least one meeting on Monday for an early lunch I hope you will consider a second get together because I can't go then.

Otherwise I will wear my CS button and hope I run into some of you during conference.

I wish my cluster would let me know what their plans are a little earlier but they are being pokey. I don't even know what our banquet theme is yet and it's just over 16 days away from leaving for Chicago

Okay, now to decide what time lunch will be. . .

Do you want to meet at 11:45? That's the time Directors go into thier lunch. Or should we pad it and meet at 11:30? A little more time to talk and/or a little more time to get to our first workshops.

oh.... pad it!!!! I can talk! Obviously!!:eek: :D 11:30 is a great time for me!

Kathytnt said:
Well seems like everyone is leaning toward at least one meeting on Monday for an early lunch I hope you will consider a second get together because I can't go then.

Otherwise I will wear my CS button and hope I run into some of you during conference.

I wish my cluster would let me know what their plans are a little earlier but they are being pokey. I don't even know what our banquet theme is yet and it's just over 16 days away from leaving for Chicago
I believe the plan is that we WILL meet on Monday night!! Even if everyone can't make it, I'd go and I believe a lot of others would too! Because the way I'm looking at it that the lunch on Monday is just another soical outlet, but that Monday night, wherever we decide, will be THE OFFICIAL meeting time!

Kathytnt said:

Kathy! Holy Cow....you read my mind and typed in my exact situation!! I also have a HO tour monday ... and don't know about the banquet theme either! That's WAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY too freaky!

I did talk to my director (who is not rooming with us), and she said that there are no plans for our cluster on Monday, so Monday evening will work for me! My roomies might wonder where I disappeared to, but oh well! As long as I have a room key, that's okay. I want to meet all the other cheffers!! I see these people every month. Is that bad? LOL!

I really don't know if/when I'll be able to meet up.... whatever the plan is, I'll try to join ya. I'm bringing a friend with me to conference, and it's my first time...... so I just don't know what we'll be doing.

I have a HO Tour Monday morning (the later one... I am so NOT a morning person! lol) And I think there are no plans Monday evening.... Sunday evening, well I got an email from my SED with an invite for a get-together......

I have no clue what's going on!!!! lol But I'm excited!!!! ;)

PS... I don't have a CS button, so ya'll will just have to track me down.... I guess I'll post a pic of me, so you'll have a clue what I look like ;)

OK.... it's a teeny, tiny picture and you can't really see my face that well.... lol

ETA: Oh, but if you go to my blog (http://mymenu.spaces.live.com) you can find this picture a little bigger in the Chuckanut Drive photo album.......

Last edited:
Kathytnt said:
I don't even know what our banquet theme is yet and it's just over 16 days away from leaving for Chicago

Kathy, I had posted in another thread, but I guess you didn't see it. I contacted NJ's office and she is just piggybacking on the "Live Your Dreams" theme of conference and dress code is "resort casual." HTH!

pcchris said:
My roomies might wonder where I disappeared to, but oh well! As long as I have a room key, that's okay. I want to meet all the other cheffers!! I see these people every month. Is that bad? LOL!

I'm with you Chris! At conference, I WANT to meet other people, share ideas, pick their brains, etc. I can see my cluster every month or more!

Amen to that DebbieJ!! That is what my director and senior director use to make us do! They would tell us we could hang out (2 of us) but we had better find a crowd we didn't know and pick everyone's brain! They said there would be plenty of time for chatting with each other back at our hotel rooms or monthly meetings!:D

I say 11:30 at MCCormick sounds good! I think I know where you're talkin' Jeanine.....across the bridge & in the other building right? Did it have a name or anything? I vaguely remember seeing a restaurant...

Ann, can you give us the address for the Starbucks? So we make sure to go to the right one, lol!

Celeste and Kathy I'm on the later HO tour too. We'll have lunch together without them!

chefann said:
Anne- did you get the "ribbons" for your meet-up(s)?
They were not in the mail today.

OK... Someone let me know about the restaurant @ McCormick. I could really get lost.

Here are the addresses for the 2 Starbucks in the hotel area:
Starbucks
202 N Michigan Ave Chicago, IL 60601
Starbucks
35 E Wacker Dr Chicago, IL 60601

Here is the map:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...3251127614808.0000011368719bdc5a921&z=15&om=1

I am not from the area, so I don't know which one would be best. As far as going from Sheraton, a group of us can share a cab. Since w'll have each others #'s we should be able to coordinate it.

Well, cool! Those of us on the later tour will have to see if we can meet up.... make sure you get that list of cell numbers so if we're not on the same bus we can still try to meet up.........

Okay, its late and I've consumed a couple "beverages"...but I will be back from the HO tour at 11:30 on day one....where were you planning on meeting? Somewhere at McCormick? I could probably make that too! Now I'm getting excited! Now, what "ribbons" are you talking about? This is my first conference, and have no ribbons coming for 15k in sales or anything else,
so if they are CS ribbons, I'll be happy to have a ribbon for something! Do they give a ribbon for first time attendees?

Christy - Does Strait fan mean George Strait?? I am going to see Keith Urban on the 6th. I am so excited First Keith and then conference. What more could a girl ask for!!!

How about an appearance by Keith at Conference? That would be awesome!! Hey, a girl can dream, right??

pcchris said:
How about an appearance by Keith at Conference? That would be awesome!! Hey, a girl can dream, right??

Then My John's fear may come true.... I may not return home to him.... because I'd be going home with Keith Urban ;)

Ah....quite a dream!!

<H2>1. What is a Wave 3 Meet Up?</H2><p>A Wave 3 Meet Up is a gathering of Pampered Chef consultants and customers who are interested in learning more about the company, products, and business opportunities.</p><H2>2. When is the proposed time for the Meet Up?</H2><p>The proposed time for the Meet Up is 8-10 PM. This will allow for a window of time for attendees to drop in, in case their dinner event runs late.</p><H2>3. Who is organizing the Meet Up?</H2><p>The unofficial planning committee is organizing the Meet Up. They are Pampered Chef consultants who are passionate about bringing people together to learn, share, and have fun.</p><H2>4. What will be discussed at the Meet Up?</H2><p>The agenda for the Meet Up will depend on the interests and needs of the attendees. Possible topics include product demonstrations, business tips, and networking opportunities.</p><H2>5. How can I participate in the Meet Up?</H2><p>You can participate in the Meet Up by filling out the poll and indicating your interest in attending. Once the details are finalized, you will receive an invitation with the location and any additional information.</p>

Related to Join the Wave 3 Meet Up Poll: Help Plan Our Next Gathering!

1. What is a Wave 3 Meet Up?

A Wave 3 Meet Up is a gathering of Pampered Chef consultants and customers who are interested in learning more about the company, products, and business opportunities.

2. When is the proposed time for the Meet Up?

The proposed time for the Meet Up is 8-10 PM. This will allow for a window of time for attendees to drop in, in case their dinner event runs late.

3. Who is organizing the Meet Up?

The unofficial planning committee is organizing the Meet Up. They are Pampered Chef consultants who are passionate about bringing people together to learn, share, and have fun.

4. What will be discussed at the Meet Up?

The agenda for the Meet Up will depend on the interests and needs of the attendees. Possible topics include product demonstrations, business tips, and networking opportunities.

5. How can I participate in the Meet Up?

You can participate in the Meet Up by filling out the poll and indicating your interest in attending. Once the details are finalized, you will receive an invitation with the location and any additional information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
TammyJo
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
Replies
Views
Melissa78
Replies
Views