• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join Me at Taste of Home in Effingham, IL - Split Vendor Event Costs

In summary, Linnie is going to a Taste of Home cooking show in Effingham, IL this year, and she is looking for someone to split the cost with her. PM her if you are interested.
sillylittlechef
I don't know where to put this, but I am applying to do a vendor event at the Taste of Home cooking show in Effingham, IL. Would anyone like to split the cost with me. PM me if you are interested. Thanks

I was just there last week. When is the show scheduled for? I'm going back soon to pick up my stuff. Sorry the PM doesn't like my computer for some reason. Anyway, I have family right there in Effingham and tons in the area!

I am doing one tonight. I am just curious how much your spot is, if you don't mind me asking. I am just wondering if Taste of Home sets the price or if the local organizers do? Thanks

OMG! How exciting for you! I obviously can't be a part of it, (I'm in Washington) but I did a Taste Of Home Cooking show booth back 5-6 years ago, here in Spokane, and I got SO MANY leads from that show!!! I also still have hosts that I scheduled back then, they still do business with me! It is such a good investment! The one thing that is really cool:cool: is that when people go to these cooking shows they are already interested in cooking and cooking tools so you have way more a chance to have people follow through with their shows and many will book shows right there at the booth with you. Great chance for recruit leads too! Good luck! I'm jealous, I can't wait for another chance to have one here in Spokane! I will JUMP ALL OVER THE CHANCE!
:D :)

Our's is coming up again this year. I love it!!! It is so much fun!! I live in a small town, so it only cost me about $200 total. That was booth rental, advertisement and a gift to give away. I'm going to donate 1000 recipe cards this year to put in the goodie bags. You can't beat that kind of cheap advertising! They only cost like 2 cents apiece!!

I've never heard of it! Do they tour the US or something?

So are you going to drive all that way to do the shows for the leads you get? Wow!

SilverCeladon said:
I've never heard of it! Do they tour the US or something?

Have you heard of the magazine Taste of Home? They travel around the US and put on cooking shows. It comes to our area every other year. It's always a sold out event. They have to move it every so often to a bigger location. If I remember right, the doors open at 7, but women will start lining up outside at about 5 so they can be the first ones in to get the best seats. I use to attend these with my Mom but now I have my own booth. It's a ton of fun!!

Linnie--email me [email protected]
The booth is $395. I don't think that sounds too bad.
Deb--I have family (most mine and DH's ) all live within an hour from there and I spend a good amount of time down there in the summer. SO, yes, I will be able to do the shows down there. I just schedule 5-6 in a week and go down for a while to visit.
I am really excited about it. I hope it does give me lots of leads.

Cool, that makes sense!

I just saw they have one in Pontiac. My sister is moving down there and I have a recruit there, so I think I might try to sign up for that one! My recruit could really use the leads and then who knows--maybe I can sign my sister to do all the shows. :)

Bumping!
I got the spot....now to find some splitters!!!! It is April 10th 5pm. we also get to stay for the cooking show which I am hoping to get some pointers on how to demo. We will get to put something (coupon, twixit, business card) in gift bags for 1100 bags. Also, 1/2 page advertisement. So, who wants to split this show with me?

Holy Cow Dusty! 1100 twixits? :eek: I hope you find lots of people to help out!:)

I lovethe taste of home cooking shows! My MIL goes all the time and about half of them I end up going to with her in Effingham. As much as I would love to get in on this, after talking to my hubby I realize he's right for once. We go home all the time to Effingham and area, but we're moving after May to Texas....so no travelling as much then. I'd end up having to find someone to take them over then, so it'd be better just to let you all have them! Good luck with it and yes, most likely my MIL will be there with friends. Let us know how it goes. I know they do several home interior open houses at the kc hall there too you might be able to look into (usually bingo).

I am doing the show here in Rogers and am going to put a recipe card in the bags but also thinking about a mini catalog? What do you think? They are selling 900 tickets so it will cost around 110 for the cattys

Molly Jo said:
I am doing one tonight. I am just curious how much your spot is, if you don't mind me asking. I am just wondering if Taste of Home sets the price or if the local organizers do? Thanks

The organization does due to the price of the building they rent for it

If I do a recipe card that is almost $30.00. I think I might just print up a coupon of some sort and include host/consultant/bridal registry/guest information. I know when I have been places that give away large gift bags, I get so much "junk" I don't really pay attention to it and end up throwing a lot of it away. I think our recipe's are great, but with the cost of the event, I'm not sure I want to add more cost. I def. wouldn't spring for the mini catty's. I will have recipe cards and mini's at my booth if people are interested they will stop by and get one there.
I will be searching these files for awhile looking for all the flyers and such I can "steal" for my own use.
Without chefsuccess and all of you, I would never attempt something like this, but knowing that I have all this info at my fingertips gives me more courage...:)

What is the cost to participate in the Split Vendor Event at Taste of Home in Effingham, IL?

The cost to participate in the Split Vendor Event at Taste of Home in Effingham, IL is $50 per vendor. This cost covers the booth space and advertising for the event.

How many vendors will be participating in the Split Vendor Event at Taste of Home in Effingham, IL?

There will be a maximum of 10 vendors participating in the Split Vendor Event at Taste of Home in Effingham, IL. This ensures a variety of products and a manageable number of vendors for attendees to visit.

Do I need to bring my own table and set up for the Split Vendor Event at Taste of Home in Effingham, IL?

Yes, each vendor is responsible for bringing their own table and set up for the Split Vendor Event at Taste of Home in Effingham, IL. We recommend bringing a 6-foot table and any necessary display materials to showcase your products.

What is the deadline for signing up for the Split Vendor Event at Taste of Home in Effingham, IL?

The deadline for signing up for the Split Vendor Event at Taste of Home in Effingham, IL is 2 weeks before the event date. This allows us enough time to advertise and prepare for the event.

Can I split the cost of the booth with another Pampered Chef consultant for the Split Vendor Event at Taste of Home in Effingham, IL?

Yes, you may split the cost of the booth with another Pampered Chef consultant for the Split Vendor Event at Taste of Home in Effingham, IL. However, you and the other consultant will need to coordinate and share the booth space and set up accordingly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sillylittlechef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • sillylittlechef
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
sillylittlechef
Replies