• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Jmho on Mid-Season Products and Incentives.

Thanks for the reminder! :)April 20th is the deadline for the incentives, but depending on how much sales you have at your fundraiser, you may be able to earn the products.
hoosierchef
Ok, so I as I sit here reading all the posts about how everyone is sooo excited about the incentives or worried they won't make it, something really dawned on me and I felt compelled to share my opinion. Please feel free to read on or click off, whichever you choose. It's my opinion only, not CS, not PC, not KG's.....;) Not anyone else on here for that matter. It's just a statement of how I choose to view incentives.

I stress easy. Plain and simple. But, in my effort to change my ways and the thoughs of Huge Pink Elephants hugging me as God kicks me in the rear (some of you will know what I'm talking about ;) )....I started questioning why we all stress so much over earning the incentives??

Incentives are GRATE! Who doesn't want the latest and greatest products for FREE! Who doesn't want to go on that trip to SF? But, how will our life be effected if we don't GET IT NOW! Chances are, nada, no way, will you be traumatically effected. Am I saying, don't go for it? No. I'm saying, don't stress over it! I choose to strive towards the incentives (or gasp.....not even look for them) and if I don't get them, so be it. I'll just have to buy it somewhere down the line if possible. And if I do get it, WhoooHOO, Christmas in July!! :D

Have a Peaceful and Stressless weekend! May your hard work pay off, if it doesn't..... Well...... Try again tomorrow. :D

Thank you for this thread. I have a goal of reaching $15,000 in career sales this year. I fingured out that in order to reach my goal how many shows I needed to have a month and the amount of sales I needed to have a month. I really want to have $15,000 in career sales but recently realized that doing four shows a month was too much for me. I did three shows the month of March and have three scheduled for the month of April (remember I am the hobbist) I have also had work obligations which made these three shows more than enough. So I have decided that my goal is still $15, 000 in career sales but one way to get there is not be inactive at any time this year. So far so good. So I am not going to stress over my goal I am going to keep plugging on and I will reach my goal

I'm not stressing about midseason, although it would be nice but I figure if I don't earn them I can always buy them as samples for 1/2 OFF! Which I did the same thing for the New season products! Either way I am getting them!

YEA...that the thought I have too. Karen, I'm a part-timer too. It's great to have goal, I would have to say that not going inactive is a great one! :p Good Luck!

Thanks! I'm not super stressing but would like to get them free. I realize I am not going to so I am putting my extra effort into my fundraisers next month! I want them to be great!

Thanks for the post though! You are right!! :)

Chef_2_Four said:
Thanks! I'm not super stressing but would like to get them free. I realize I am not going to so I am putting my extra effort into my fundraisers next month! I want them to be great!

I think it's great to put the extra effort into it. I just hate to see people panicking and all stressed out. Life is tooo stressful the way it is...we don't need to add more to it if we can help it.

Chef_2_Four said:

April,

When are your fundraisers? If they are in the early part of April and close by the 20th, you may depending on their sales earn the products.

I don't know if you know that fundraisers count towards the incentive.

I don't always earn the incentives, some of the smaller ones I do but I have never earned any of the sell a thon ones. I just do the best that I can with what shows I get and go from there. If all goes well and it should I will finally have my 15K in sales in another week or so. I am only $795 shy of hitting it! I have a show this weekend, a fundraiser closing in another week and a at least one if not two more shows before April is over. It's either feast or one or two shows a month. I am hoping that my April will be the start of things to come with so much going on. I take it while I get it and keep on plugging.

I understand what you're saying, Tammi. Incentives are just that--incentives. Sometimes I earn them. Sometimes I don't.For me, the talk about GOTTA GET THAT INCENTIVE is more like a "rah, rah, go, Rae" thing than an "I'm going to be really upset and depressed if I don't" thing. It's about setting a goal and doing my best to achieve it. If I do, wonderful. If I don't, I set a new goal and go for that.One of the disadvantages to this type of communication is that you can't see the twinkle in my eye when I sound all intense about something.Thanks, though, for reminding us all to keep our priorities straight.

That's the BEAUTY of this biz ~ YOU can CHOOSE what YOU want to do. Go for the incentives, or just have 1 show a month. What other job can you CHOOSE what YOU want to do?

I for one, treat incentives as carrots to me...dangle that thing in front of me and I'm going for ~ even if I don't want it! LOL Remember the incentive of the Show-To-Go? I earned it all...funny, I got rid of it! Go figure! I just like challenges as I think some folks here do too.

Don't stress ~ not worth it! Sure it's great to get something for free, but stressing over the matter ~ is that worth it?

Ginny

Please, Please, Please, Please, Please.....don't take offense to what I have written. :( It's just my own little way of thinking. I had an eppifany and had to share at the moment! :p Like Rae said, "One of the disadvantages to this type of communication is that you can't see the twinkle in my eye when I sound all intense about something." :p

Thanks ladies & gents.

pamperedharriet said:
April,

When are your fundraisers? If they are in the early part of April and close by the 20th, you may depending on their sales earn the products.

I don't know if you know that fundraisers count towards the incentive.

One is the 14th and will close before the 20th, but i don't think it is going to be a $1000 show. maybe but I doubt it! The other is the last sat in april and is actually for the HWC fundraiser I am doing at school.

hoosierchef said:
Please, Please, Please, Please, Please.....don't take offense to what I have written. :( It's just my own little way of thinking. I had an eppifany and had to share at the moment! :p Like Rae said, "One of the disadvantages to this type of communication is that you can't see the twinkle in my eye when I sound all intense about something." :p

Thanks ladies & gents.
I am certain no one took offense to what you wrote! Some of us put way more pressure on ourselves than we need to. You were just pointing out that you were not going to allow that to happen to you! I could tell you weren't saying "I don't care at all to earn incentives..." just that you weren't going to be mortified and disgusted with yourself should you fail to achieve one. Our world is so focused on earning more, having more, getting more, that sometimes we don't even stop to enjoy what we have.

I for one, get what you were saying! No need to apologize to anyone here!;)

Part of what I ahve been doing is trying to focus on what is important to me and my hubby. When I was TRYING to be a potential Director I was trying to GET people in my business. Now I am calmer and doing what I can when I can and I am so much less stressed. I even have potential new recruits. I am just happier. I passed on the HWC freebies and geared toward the Mid-Seasons instead. If I miss a goal - Except for a few items I can purchase a same if I really want it that bad. Changing my focus - I am less stressed and actually getting more done.

Chef_2_Four said:
One is the 14th and will close before the 20th, but i don't think it is going to be a $1000 show. maybe but I doubt it! The other is the last sat in april and is actually for the HWC fundraiser I am doing at school.

Good luck with your fundraisers! They are a lot of work but sometimes can really help you out. Be sure to coach them along to get as many outside orders as they can to help them earn more money for their cause.

Kathytnt said:
Part of what I ahve been doing is trying to focus on what is important to me and my hubby. When I was TRYING to be a potential Director I was trying to GET people in my business. Now I am calmer and doing what I can when I can and I am so much less stressed. I even have potential new recruits. I am just happier. I passed on the HWC freebies and geared toward the Mid-Seasons instead. If I miss a goal - Except for a few items I can purchase a same if I really want it that bad. Changing my focus - I am less stressed and actually getting more done.

Same here Kathy - I knew to keep my sanity it was HWC or mid-season...mid-season looked better to me and worth more so I focused on those...I didn't earn a thing for HWC but I'm close to getting mid-season!

My ED even knew my goals and commented on them that I was close to meeting them and she remembered I wasn't focused on HWC. It's better to pick something you care about it and be good at it then go for everything and not do it whole heartedly or mess up your family for putting to much focus on it...

My recruiter has only earned a trip once in 8 years. She said that believe it or not it was the only year she worked another job FT and that she didn't know she got it because she didn't feel stressed...she had a good balance and was having fun...when she "tried too hard" she never made it...

I fully understood your comments Tammi. I only stress out when I am so close to getting to an incentive that I hate to see it go by. If I don't think its a reality I just move on and go with the flow. It's not worth the stress for me. Some people may think that we need to be doing this 24/7 and all but the way I see it as long as I am doing what is comfortable for me and I'm alright with it that's all that matters. If I have better months than others that's great too! Everyone has to do what is best for themselves.

KellyTheChef said:
I am certain no one took offense to what you wrote!
I for one, get what you were saying! No need to apologize to anyone here!;)

Thank you Kelly.....I'm also a ninny worrier who worries what others think about me whether I need to or not. I'm working on that too. ;)

janetupnorth said:
My recruiter has only earned a trip once in 8 years. She said that believe it or not it was the only year she worked another job FT and that she didn't know she got it because she didn't feel stressed...she had a good balance and was having fun...when she "tried too hard" she never made it...

That is VERY interesting information! Maybe we come across as desperate to our customers/recruits when we are trying so hard to earn the prize! Thanks for sharing that Janet. :)

I think the incentives are cool but I don't really aim to get them. If I get them great, if not no big deal.

Will there be an opportunity to purchase samples of the mid-season products? How does that work? Will we have an opporutnity to do so in April....since it would be nice to be able to show the new items.

Like you Kathy... I have begun to put things into perspective for myself. I am totally crazy about PC but I am going to def. put my family first. :D

1. What is Jmho on Mid-Season Products?

Jmho stands for "just my humble opinion" and refers to the personal thoughts and opinions of someone regarding a certain topic. In this case, it pertains to the mid-season products and incentives offered by Pampered Chef.

2. What are the benefits of purchasing mid-season products?

Mid-season products offer a variety of benefits such as being new and innovative, having limited availability, and being discounted for a limited time. They also give customers the opportunity to try out new products and provide feedback to Pampered Chef.

3. How do I know which products are considered mid-season?

Mid-season products are typically labeled as such on the Pampered Chef website or catalog. They may also be mentioned in promotional emails or social media posts.

4. Are there any special incentives for purchasing mid-season products?

Yes, there are often special incentives offered for purchasing mid-season products such as free gifts, discounts, or bonus points towards future purchases. These incentives may vary depending on the product and promotion.

5. Can I still earn host rewards or consultant benefits when purchasing mid-season products?

Yes, you can still earn host rewards or consultant benefits when purchasing mid-season products. However, these rewards and benefits may be limited to certain products or promotions and may not be combined with other offers. It's best to check with your Pampered Chef consultant for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
SillyChef
  • cheftiffany
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
sharalam
Replies
Views
h_simcox