• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

It's Back - It's Back - It's Back! Wahoooo!!!

In summary, the DCB is back and available for everyone to order after being a "Host Only" item over the summer. It is the #1 selling piece of stoneware and many consultants were doing shows centered around it. Excited reactions and plans to use it for upcoming shows were expressed by consultants. Some have already had successful shows with the CYW, but are happy to go back to using DCB for their shows. The quick demo and easy cleanup were praised.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Just got an email saying the DCB is back! WAHOOO!!!

YAH!!!!!! Such a great thing for the holiday season!!

HAHA..you are quick..I was just coming on here to post the same thing..LOL

I AM SO HAPPY!!

Wahoooooooooooo!!!!

I saw the email and then heard a collective screaming from throughout the PC world....did ya feel it?! LOL

Oh yeah!! This is great!!

WAHHHOOOOOOO now no one complain about the price remaining the same!!!!! Take this good news and run with it!! Use it to your advantage and earn those sell a thon levels

I just opened up the email while on the phone with my friend. I was like OMG OMG! Perfect! Just in time for my open house next Sunday.
Thank You Pampered Chef for coming through!!! :D

Waaaaahhhooooooooo!!! I was coming here to post about it! I'm so excited!

Can't wait for the email to be up so I can send out to everyone!!! Perfect timing for the Holiday Season.

YIIIIPPPPEEEEE!!!!!! Please let me know if anyone has a flyer to be sent out about this? I would love to send it to everyone on my list!!!!!!!!! So many people will be thrilled!!!!!

wahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

too bad i already sent out my november newsletter.... =( lol.

What is it? Im new! :)

California Girl said:
What is it? Im new! :)

The Deep Covered Baker! It had been so popular, that to combat backorders, they made it a "Host Only" item this past summer.

It's our #1 selling piece of stoneware, and most of us were doing shows centered around it - and now it's back and available for everyone!

Woo Hoo!!! DCB is back!! My November will sooo rock!!! Yay!!

So excited that it is back!! Wahooooo!

I understand there will be an update in Customer Connection this afternoon that we can send out a notice to our customer base to let them know it is now available for all to order!!

How great--I have a show tonight where I'm making the Beef Enchilada Casserole (29 Min., Vol. 1) in it--I almost hesitated since only the host was going to be able to purchase it!! Yeah, PC!!!

lisasfuncooking said:
I just opened up the email while on the phone with my friend. I was like OMG OMG! Perfect! Just in time for my open house next Sunday.
Thank You Pampered Chef for coming through!!! :D

YES Lisa, I said the same thing. I have a vendor fair this Saturday and it's PERFECT timing!!! Thanks you PAMPERED CHEF.:thumbup::sing:

Phew. Bye Bye Chicken Your Way. Just not loving those shows. Back to DCB recipes hard core. I did get a $1200 show b/c the host couldn't buy the DCB outright. But I know she wants to get another one or two. Had another guest on Fri. who wanted to buy one. Her sister is hosting this month so it will be good news for both of them.

chefheidi2003 said:
HAHA..you are quick..I was just coming on here to post the same thing..LOL

I AM SO HAPPY!!

The first thing I did after reading the email was to see if it was posted here on CS......and of course, it was:)

OH HAPPY DAY!!!

Cheers,
D.

Becca_in_MD said:
Phew. Bye Bye Chicken Your Way.

I finally did two CYW shows this weekend (my calendar's been bare since the baby). I found myself wondering what else I should bring as I packed (I felt I didn't have enough to show), and I found myself with not much to show while waiting for the chicken to cook (I did a side from the sheet on CC at each show).

I did, however, love how quick the demo was. I was out and on my way home faster than I have ever been at a show. I may keep doing Express Shows with CYW, and incorporate something into my DCB shows to keep them quicker.

Becca_in_MD said:
Phew. Bye Bye Chicken Your Way. Just not loving those shows. Back to DCB recipes hard core. I did get a $1200 show b/c the host couldn't buy the DCB outright. But I know she wants to get another one or two. Had another guest on Fri. who wanted to buy one. Her sister is hosting this month so it will be good news for both of them.

That is EXACTLY what I just said to my director on the phone!

NooraK said:
I finally did two CYW shows this weekend (my calendar's been bare since the baby). I found myself wondering what else I should bring as I packed (I felt I didn't have enough to show), and I found myself with not much to show while waiting for the chicken to cook (I did a side from the sheet on CC at each show).

I did, however, love how quick the demo was. I was out and on my way home faster than I have ever been at a show. I may keep doing Express Shows with CYW, and incorporate something into my DCB shows to keep them quicker.

OK, can see doing the CYW with a DCB cake. Who needs veggies? ;)

I cooked the chicken when I got there and did a side salad. I don't think people "got" the chicken thing and not sure I could pull it off without being too distracted to cook the chicken during the demo. It just takes up too much space to put the raw chicken on something, the press on something, the cooked chicken on something to then cut up and keep the different seasonings straight.

Let me just dump the ingredients in the DCB in front of them and let them go "wow" when they see and taste the results.

But here is the question.... Are they still going to be $89.00?? When they raised it that much I thought that was a HUGE price increase...???

Jode7227 said:
But here is the question.... Are they still going to be $89.00?? When they raised it that much I thought that was a HUGE price increase...???

It's $85, but I can't imagine they would lower it--I believe this whole shut down and only offering to hosts was part of a marketing strategy to get to raise the price so much, besides having limited quantities.

YAY! So Happy to Hear!

gailz2 said:
It's $85, but I can't imagine they would lower it--I believe this whole shut down and only offering to hosts was part of a marketing strategy to get to raise the price so much, besides having limited quantities.

I completely agree. I think the baker was under-priced for the volume which we sold. The supply issue was a good time for PC to 'price adjust' with the least amount of complaints since only 1 person/show - the host - was able to purchase.

I don't care...I'm just glad to have my baker back!! Now I have to kiss and make up with it. I broke up with my baker for Chicken Your Way and I'm sure I'll need to grovel a bit to get back in its good graces!! :love:

gailz2 said:

Actually, the season before, ALL of the stoneware saw substantial price increases, except for the DCB - My thought was that they took this opportunity to catch up with the other pricing.

Also, with the new price point, less dcb's will be sold. That will also help with the supply issue down the line. They will still sell at full price, but not at the rate of which they sold before.

It will STILL be a booking tool, but at least we can feel free to demo it without worrying that people will feel "forced" into having a show. Some people are happy just being customers!

Such AWESOME news!!! Yay!!! :D Why do I feel like these emails come to me later than others? ;)

Woohoo!!! I am sooo excited!!!! This is just in time for our sellathon month! Woohoo!

Great news, for sure.

I think they will still sell like crazy at full price, if we don't mention the price increase most people won't even notice it. Think of how many people were selling the $99 set, the baker is still under $100, make your own new $99 set.

cincychef said:
I think they will still sell like crazy at full price, if we don't mention the price increase most people won't even notice it. Think of how many people were selling the $99 set, the baker is still under $100, make your own new $99 set.

I need a "like" button here. I'm with genius. :D

cincychef said:

So true! A couple rubs or spices, and a Weekday Dinners Done set, and you're there!

Good thinking, Chantelle!

The email is in Customer Connection if you want to send out to your customer base announcing the DCB's return.

Last edited:
Whoopie! My $1,200 host from last month, who only hosted so she could get the DCB, wants 3 more. Going to make her a little catty show. That was just one e-mail to someone. Hope HO is really ready for these orders. They must have laid in a good stockpile.

I'm going to let my hosts who already have their packets know to put a big "x" through the "host only" oval. I think I'm going to take a Sharpee to my catalogs. Forget a supply order just for stickers.

I just told one of my customers, she hosted a party 3 weeks ago to buy a DCB, and of course didn't pay full price. She was thrilled, and talked about how many I'd be selling. I said (just testing)--well, it's $85 now.
She said SO??? it' so worth it!! that thing is the best!!
:)

And i JUST put in a supply order last week and got 100 catalogs! (no stickers) i go to P3 to get the stickers and its telling me i still have to $4.50 shipping just for the stickers. What a rip off! There for i am not getting the stickers. I just put in a full supply order last week...it just arrived on Satruday...Just my luck hahaha I might call HO tomorrow to see if they will send some out to me anyway since they can see i just ordered the catalogs.

It's worth a try!!

DeeDee616 said:
And i JUST put in a supply order last week and got 100 catalogs! (no stickers) i go to P3 to get the stickers and its telling me i still have to $4.50 shipping just for the stickers. What a rip off! There for i am not getting the stickers. I just put in a full supply order last week...it just arrived on Satruday...Just my luck hahaha I might call HO tomorrow to see if they will send some out to me anyway since they can see i just ordered the catalogs.

I don't see why they wouldn't send them to you since it's cheap to mail those. If not, ask a local cluster member or your director if they're putting in an order that you could tack a few sheets onto.

How do I get one if I'm new?

WendyE said:
How do I get one if I'm new?

You can purchase one at a discount during your Kit Enhancement Month or simply host a party of your own and use your FPV or discount.

Here is a flyer I whipped up. I don't know how to upload it as a word document so you can edit it, but if you give me your email address I'll gladly send it to you.
My email is: [email protected]

Hope this helps!

~Dawn~

Attachments

• DCB is back!.pdf
    156.3 KB · Views: 360
Phew, caught the typo in my pws BEFORE sending it out!!

Aha! I was having problems uploading it as a word document because it was a docx and needed to be in an earlier format.

Attachments

• DCB is back!.doc
    143.5 KB · Views: 404

Related to It's Back - It's Back - It's Back! Wahoooo!!!

1. What is the DCB and why is it back?

The DCB, or Deep Covered Baker, is a versatile stoneware cooking dish from Pampered Chef. It is back by popular demand after being temporarily unavailable.

2. What makes the DCB unique?

The DCB features a glazed interior and unglazed exterior, allowing for even heat distribution and a crispy exterior on your dishes. It also has a domed lid that creates a seal for moist cooking.

3. Can the DCB be used in the oven and microwave?

Yes, the DCB is oven-safe up to 450°F and can also be used in the microwave. However, it is not recommended for use on the stovetop or direct heat sources.

4. What types of dishes can be made in the DCB?

The possibilities are endless! The DCB can be used to make casseroles, roasts, bread, desserts, and more. It can also be used for steaming vegetables and fish.

5. How do I care for my DCB?

The DCB is dishwasher safe, but hand washing is recommended to prolong its lifespan. Avoid using metal utensils or abrasive cleaners on the stoneware. Allow the dish to cool completely before cleaning or adding cold ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • mspibb
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • TheFreddiesCook
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies