• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Iso: Cornbread Taco Bake Recipe

I think I like the sound of the upside down cake better.In summary, the conversation was about a customer looking for a recipe for Cornbread Taco Bake. Two similar recipes were suggested, but neither had all the ingredients. The final recipe was shared, which included ground beef, taco seasoning, chili, corn muffin mix, Mexican-style corn, and cheese. There was also an option to bake it in a skillet. The conversation also briefly mentioned using a skillet for every show and using the Mix N' Chop to cook the ground beef.
lacychef
I have a customer looking for an old favorite, maybe called Cornbread Taco Bake....anyone have it? She thinks it used to be on the use & care card for the lg bar pan. Has cornbread mix, beans, hamburger, cheese, etc....I can't find it & any help is appreciated!

Hmmm, I found 2 recipes that are close, but neither have everything... One is the Tamale Round-About (that was my first thought, but it doens't have beans..) it is the Main Dishes cookbook and the other is from All The Best.. Mexicali Cornbread Squares, but it doesn't have ground beef... Let me know if you want either of the recipes, they both have corn bread or muffin...

Yes, I'd thought of those cornbread squares too.....she thought it had been on the use & care card. Anyone else?

Did you check the recipe search on CC? Search for Large Bar Pan and Cornbread.

Yes, I've searched CC....I have terrible luck with that search thing though. It came up with a bunch of bar pan recipes, but not this one she's looking for.

I think I have it:

Attachments

• Easy Cornbread Taco Bake - Recipe.doc
    47.5 KB · Views: 810
Thanks Cathy; for some reason I couldn't open it...
My customer just emailed me that she found it though. Here it is if anyone else wants it!

Cornbread Taco Bake

1 pound lean ground beef
1 envelope (1.5 ounces) taco seasoning mix
1 can (15.5 ounces) chili without meat
1 package (8 ounces) shredded Colby & Monterey Jack cheese blend, divided
2 packages (8.5 ounces each) corn muffin mix
1 can (11 ounces) Mexican-style corn, drained
Chopped tomatoes (optional)
Sliced olives (optional)
Sour cream (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Brown and drain ground beef. Add taco seasoning and prepare according to package directions. Stir in chili, and 1 cup of cheese. Prepare corn muffin mix according to package directions. Stir in Mexi-corn and remaining cup of cheese. Spoon meat mixture evenly over bottom of bar pan. (10”x15”x1”) Top with cornbread mixture, spreading evenly to edges of pan. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into squares. Top with chopped tomatoes, sliced olives, and sour cream, if desired. Makes 12 servings.

Oh, shoot - sorry! It's a newer version of Word that was used and you have to have that version to see it. I'll see if I can convert it. Glad you found it!

Here's a copy and paste from that document, in case anyone else wanted to see it:

Easy Cornbread Taco Bake Recipe

INGREDIENTS

1 lb. Ground beef (or turkey) - lean
1 envelope Taco seasoning
1 can Chile (with or without beans)
1 small can Green Giant mexicorn
2 boxes Jiffy cornbread muffin mix
2 Eggs (for cornbread mix)
2/3 cup Water or milk (for cornbread mix)
2 - 3 Tomatoes – based on size – to cover top of whole mixture
1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar/Jack cheese
1 can Chopped pitted black olives
5 - 7 Scallions
OPTIONAL:
Peppers, chiles
1 jar LiteHouse Lite Salsa Ranch Dressing & Dip

DIRECTIONS

1.Preheat oven to 350°F.

2.In Classic Batter Bowl, mix cornbread mix according to package directions using the Measure-All Cup for the water and then the eggs. Using Adjustable Measuring Spoon, add ½ tablespoon Southwestern Seasoning Mix to the born bread mix. Pour mix into Stoneware Bar Pan and spread using the Classic Scraper.

3.Cook ground beef in 10-inch Skillet and season with dry taco mix (tip – drain all the fat from meat BEFORE adding dry taco seasoning). Open can of chili with Smooth Edge Can Opener and add to ground meat mix. Using Classic Scraper, spread meat mixture across cornbread mixture.

4.Seed 1 tomato at a time with The Corer and chop with Food Chopper. Using Smooth Edge Can Opener, open mexicorn. Add these ingredients to top of meat on bar pan. Add shredded cheese to taste over top. Using Kitchen Shears, snip scallions and add to top of cheese.

5.Bake for approx. 18 – 20 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Cut using Pizza Cutter, serve with Mini-Serving Spatula. Dollop with salsa dip.

Yield: 16 servings

Bake In Skillet OptionI used to make this recipe frequently. I am a firm believer in using my 12" skillet at every show. I used to do the ground beef in the microwave cooker. (1 pound for 4 minutes.) then chop with Mix N' Chop. Grease the skillet with solid butter and then put in beef followed by corn bread. When done, unmold like an upside down cake.

Impressive and a terrific way to http://www.createacashflowshow.com/category/cash-flow :DAlways!

Re: Bake In Skillet OptionI know this is an old post, but I was looking for some recipes... and noticed the two versions of this cornbread taco bake is made two ways. 1 has the cornbread on the bottom, the other has the cornbread on the top. Which way works best?

I cook it with the cornbread on the top... but then, to serve, it is upside down, so the cornbread appears on the top.

What ingredients do I need to make the Iso: Cornbread Taco Bake Recipe?

To make the Iso: Cornbread Taco Bake Recipe, you will need ground beef, taco seasoning, black beans, diced tomatoes, corn, salsa, shredded cheese, and a box of cornbread mix.

Can I use a different type of meat instead of ground beef in the Iso: Cornbread Taco Bake Recipe?

Yes, you can use ground turkey, ground chicken, or even vegetarian crumbles as a substitute for ground beef in this recipe.

How long does it take to prepare and cook the Iso: Cornbread Taco Bake Recipe?

The prep time for this recipe is about 15 minutes, and the cook time is approximately 25 minutes for a total of 40 minutes.

Can I make the Iso: Cornbread Taco Bake Recipe in advance and reheat it?

Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and reheat it in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes.

What are some optional toppings for the Iso: Cornbread Taco Bake Recipe?

Some optional toppings for this recipe include diced avocado, sour cream, sliced jalapenos, and chopped cilantro.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cincychef
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
bcowdin
  • Jennie50