1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Is this worth it due to the date?

1. Cindycooks

Cindycooks Veteran Member Silver Member

Below is an email from my friend who is a marketing person at my hometown newspaper - highlighting ad that I could place in a holiday shopping guide that is coming out. NOTE - the dates. Would it be worth it? We are supposed to have orders in by Dec 14 to assure Christmas delivery. I would simply be doing a business card sized add directing people to order directly from my website. Not anything to do with bookings. If I do this - what should I say - simpler the better and how do I handle the shipping matter......

Last Minute Gift Guide
    Deadline: December 1st Prints: December 8th Inserts: December 15th
    Sun Journal, December 14th Havelock News and December 16th Penny Saver
    This will cost $56.80. The tab will be online until after Christmas as
    well.
    The tab will insert into 3 Papers. The ad is in black and white. Let me
    know if this is something that you would like to do.
    The price I gave you is for a business card size ad. Have a great night.

Nov 17, 2005
  2. reegrace

reegrace Member

Personally I would skip it. You probably won't be able to have orders in by Christmas. That's my opinion though.

Nov 17, 2005
  3. luvs2sellit

luvs2sellit Advanced Member

I would ask her if you can just do the first one at a discounted price. As far as getting in orders, a customer can submit an online order until the 23rd and receive it by Christmas.

Nov 17, 2005
  4. GeorgiaPeach

GeorgiaPeach Veteran Member Silver Member

I say "Go for it". The website will tell them the options for delivery (shipping charges) so there won't be any surprises there. Also, even though the home office gives the cut off date for guaranteed delivery, it has been my experience (7 years) that orders placed after that date still ship before Christmas and individual orders ship quickly anyway. If you can afford it, do it....or send me the info and I'll do it :)

Nov 17, 2005
  5. Cindycooks

HaHa - GeorgiaPeach, you're funny. I guess I'm leaning towards doing it just because it gets in 3 different papers and thats exposure. This is my first real Christmas with PC (last year was SS3), so I needed to hear that about the ordering. I had a feeling that Dec 14 was probably just to be on the safe side and thanks for tellling me about the website options on delivery. Now - any ideas on what I should say? How should I word this? tks....

Nov 17, 2005
  6. JeannePaff

JeannePaff Novice Member

If "the tab will be online until after Christmas," will this get you in trouble with the home office for having a link to your web site from the newspaper's web site? (See related discussion.) Or does the message we received today about PWS mean we can now do things like that? (I hope so!)

Nov 17, 2005
  7. Cindycooks

Hey Jeanne - I thought about that too. I think if it is a "tab" from what I have seen on our newspapers website, it will just be an ad with a non-working link. I am checking tomorrow. But yes - I'm wondering the same thing about the email from PC. We were out to dinner tonight so I have not had a chance to read this discussion on the board.

Nov 17, 2005
  8. MichelleRoth

MichelleRoth Member

Do it!

I would do it! Even though you may have to explain that delivery for Christmas might not be an option, you are a consultant ALL YEAR ROUND! How great would it be for you to have a ton of orders for January!!! :)

Just my 2 cents... :)

Nov 18, 2005
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted