• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is This Right? Do You Do It? Unclaimed Bookings

In summary, when a random booking is made, the host gets booking points which occasionally works in their favor if they have had no bookings at their show. If the host doesn't want the host special for the month the show was booked off theirs, they can use it or share it with someone who was wanting the item but couldn't afford it in the past.
ChefinHarmony
Okay, I've been working the phone, emails, etc to try to get more bookings. Well it's working - I have 5 bookings in Aug & Sept that are not "linked" to a past show. Here's my question.... I have a show I will be closing tomorrow. Can I list the names as bookings on there so when their shows come up, I could get the Host Special under this Host's name? I don't know if this is OK to do. Here's why I'm asking... one of the bookings is a catalog show that my sister got for me through her work. My sister doesn't want to get credit or hasn't hosted - she took the catalogs to work, got people pumped up about them, then GAVE the Catalog Host benefits to another lady! Silly I know. Anyway, I thought if I listed that show as a booking on my show from this past weekend, my sister could purchase the SS Mixing Bowl (she has purchased the set from me) at the discounted Host price. Feedback would be appreciated!!
Thanks!
Joanne

ChefinHarmony said:
Okay, I've been working the phone, emails, etc to try to get more bookings. Well it's working - I have 5 bookings in Aug & Sept that are not "linked" to a past show. Here's my question.... I have a show I will be closing tomorrow. Can I list the names as bookings on there so when their shows come up, I could get the Host Special under this Host's name? I don't know if this is OK to do. Here's why I'm asking... one of the bookings is a catalog show that my sister got for me through her work. My sister doesn't want to get credit or hasn't hosted - she took the catalogs to work, got people pumped up about them, then GAVE the Catalog Host benefits to another lady! Silly I know. Anyway, I thought if I listed that show as a booking on my show from this past weekend, my sister could purchase the SS Mixing Bowl (she has purchased the set from me) at the discounted Host price. Feedback would be appreciated!!
Thanks!
Joanne

When I've received random bookings, I attach them to another show and that particular host gets booking points...which occasionally works to her advantage if she hasn't had any bookings at her show. If she doesn't want the host special for the month the show was booked off hers, I'll use it or share it with someone who was wanting the item but couldn't afford it in the past.

Make sure you offer the past host special to the host whose show it is hooked to - even if you were the one to get the booking. In the RFS, I believe it says we are not to purchase the host special or past host special for ourselves - except when we are the host, we can purchase the special.You might want to put your sister as the co-host so she can get the past host special - maybe you can purchase it for her as a consultant gift!

Not sure if it is actually written down somewhere that you can't do that but....you can't do that :) It is lying (sorry....I sound like a mom!). The booking benefit is just that a benefit for the host who helped you grow your business. If we start taking advantage of it they could take it away or change the policy.

The one exception (I would say) is if a host gets say 3 bookings from her show and they all are in the same month, she might not want to purchase 3 things and could allow someone else that she knows to take advantage of the special.

I do that all the time...Not the buying the host special myslef but I put the random bookings on my current host's shows then I call them when the host has the show and tell them they can get this extra great item at 60% off. It sure goes over well and I have another happy camper on my "appreciative" hosts list!
I love surprising them that way. And they really do love it that I thought of them too. It's no wonder I have so many repeat hosts!

Thank you! You know in your gut when it doesn't feel right? Like you are trying to "trick" the system? That's what I felt about this - so I thought I would ask around. Thank you all for being so honest. The Host has one booking now - I will talk to her about adding the other names I have listed. But like you said, they are all for August & September so she won't want them all!
Thanks!!
Joanne

That little feeling in your gut is your conscious. I'd say to always follow that 'gut' feeling. ;) Doesn't usually lead you astray. :)

Related to Is This Right? Do You Do It? Unclaimed Bookings

1. Is this right for me?

It depends on your individual needs and preferences. Our products are designed to make cooking and meal preparation easier and more enjoyable for all types of home cooks. We offer a wide range of kitchen tools and appliances to suit various cooking styles and dietary restrictions. We recommend browsing our website or attending a Pampered Chef party to see our products in action and determine if they would be a good fit for you.

2. Do you personally use these products?

As Pampered Chef consultants, we have access to a wide range of products and are encouraged to try them out and share our opinions with our customers. However, our personal use of the products may vary depending on our individual needs and preferences. We are also constantly updating our product line, so there may be new products that we haven't had a chance to try yet.

3. What happens if I don't claim a booking?

If you do not claim a booking, it will remain unclaimed and will not be held for you. This means that other customers may have the opportunity to claim it and attend the party instead. We recommend claiming a booking as soon as possible to secure your spot and ensure that the party can move forward as planned.

4. Can I still attend a party if I do not have a consultant?

Yes, you are welcome to attend a Pampered Chef party even if you do not have a consultant. You can either contact us directly to RSVP, or if you received an invitation from a friend, you can RSVP to them and they can let us know. Attending a party is a great way to see our products in action and ask any questions you may have.

5. Can I book a party even if I am not interested in purchasing anything?

Yes, you are welcome to book a party even if you are not interested in purchasing anything. Our parties are a fun and social way to learn about new cooking techniques and try out our products. Plus, as the host, you can earn free and discounted products based on your party sales. We encourage you to give it a try and see for yourself!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• keyssizzler
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
keyssizzler
  • winklermom
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Mommy2amo
  • LilChefBeth