• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Vita Mix Worth It? Real Reviews from Fellow Chefs

In summary, the Vita Mix is a powerful blender that can turn anything into juice. It is expensive, but well worth the money if you make use of it.
ConnieR
Hey you fellow cheffies!!! I have been pondering purchasing a Vita Mix (going to a State Fair and the demo is always there!) and wondering if anyone has invested in it and is it worth the $'s.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I LOVEEEEEEEEEEE my Vita Mix...just got i about 3 weeks ago. Use it almost everyday.

Some State Fairs if you go on the first day) demonstrators will sell there demo ones at a cheaper rate, still with the same warranty...and sometimes a year longer warranty if you buy at fairs. So if you're into saing a little $, go on the first day and ask about buying the demo models.

I have had my vitamix for about 7 or 8 years and I love it. I use mine all the time. I bought mine at the State fair also. I have seen it ocassionaly at Costco on a road show sale and it is cheaper there. I can't remember how much cheaper it is though. When they do the road show at Costco they set up the demo table and they only have it available to purchase there for a limited time. I've seen it a few times at the Costco near my house.

Sandy

jetcitysandy said:
I have had my vitamix for about 7 or 8 years and I love it. I use mine all the time. I bought mine at the State fair also. I have seen it ocassionaly at Costco on a road show sale and it is cheaper there. I can't remember how much cheaper it is though. When they do the road show at Costco they set up the demo table and they only have it available to purchase there for a limited time. I've seen it a few times at the Costco near my house.

Sandy

I was at Costco when they were doing a demo....and didn't buy it then. Went home to discuss it w/DH - and by the time I got back to Costco (a couple days later), they were gone.:cry:

Curiosity is killing me... what is a vitamix?

GourmetGirl said:

It's a Turbo Jet Engine Blender!:D:D

(JK - it's a very powerful blender though...it can turn anything into juice! It makes incredible smoothies!)

jetcitysandy said:
I've seen it a few times at the Costco near my house.

Sandy

The Costco version is much smaller (it's an older model too) than the one I got. I got the lastest model (5500)...got LOTS of free stuff with it...extra container, flax seed, smoothie powder, cutting boards/spatulas (didn't need, but free), cookbooks, and more.

GourmetGirl said:

Ha, I was guessing it was some kind of vitamin blend, LOL!

lacychef said:

That was my thought too!

:)
Kitchen2u said:
The Costco version is much smaller (it's an older model too) than the one I got. I got the lastest model (5500)...got LOTS of free stuff with it...extra container, flax seed, smoothie powder, cutting boards/spatulas (didn't need, but free), cookbooks, and more.

Wow! You got a lot of stuff with yours. :) That's great! Mine is the 5000 model. I just got the extra container and the cook books with it. I make soup in it and smoothies and we do use it a lot for making margarita's and daquiri's. It works so well. It's well worth the money if you make use of it.

Sandy

Great, now I want one! :)

How much do they run?

I use mine everyday and LOVE it for soups, salad dressings, ice-cream and green smoothies.

hey, thanks for the input, I guess I will be taking my charge with me to the fair! My family usually eats pretty healthy, but a little extra can't hurt. I'm really looking forward to the smoothies!

By the way, the last time I checked they ran around $400 or so. Pretty expensive, but maybe will keep the Dr. away, as cancer runs in my family and a few other inherited health issues, so my eating habits have gotten much better!

I just recently got one myself, and only have one smoothie recipe I really like. If any of you have some recipes you love, please forward! (PS- the red bell pepper pasta sauce recipe that comes with the blender is healthy and delicious!!!)

cookin to the top said:
I just recently got one myself, and only have one smoothie recipe I really like. If any of you have some recipes you love, please forward! (PS- the red bell pepper pasta sauce recipe that comes with the blender is healthy and delicious!!!)

I went to Costco today and they were doing a demo on the vitamix. I bought the Southwest Spice Blend which was being sold at the same place as the demo and they have a website on the bottle, Blend It Up - Welcome to the Blend IT Up Household
I found some recipes on that site I want to try so I thought that I would share that website with you. The recipes were under helpful hints. The Tortilla soup that he made during the demo was really good and I plan on making that soup.

Sandy

lacychef said:
vitameat.png

Last edited:
The_Kitchen_Guy said:

I'm sure you have a great comeback to me...but can't see it!

We have one and LOVE it also. My hubby bought it years ago before we were married. We used it for tons of stuff at first... and still use it for smoothies some now but mainly it is a very expensive, high powered salsa machine! It is defiatley worth the $$ if you make use of it.

hperschnick said:
We have one and LOVE it also. My hubby bought it years ago before we were married. We used it for tons of stuff at first... and still use it for smoothies some now but mainly it is a very expensive, high powered salsa machine! It is defiatley worth the $$ if you make use of it.

Do you have a good salsa recipe you could share?

Thanks,
Sandy

lacychef said:
I'm sure you have a great comeback to me...but can't see it!

Crumbolean Bums!

Is this better?

vitameat.png

I'm jealous!! I wanna be at the Iowa state fair
Eat a tenderloin for me!!Cracks me up here in TX the kids get a day off to attend the state fair in October... it ain't nuttin like the IA fair ask any transplanted Iowan

Related to Is the Vita Mix Worth It? Real Reviews from Fellow Chefs

What is a Vita Mix and what does it do?

A Vita Mix is a high-powered blender that can blend, chop, and puree a variety of ingredients. It can also be used to make hot soups, frozen desserts, and nut butters.

Is a Vita Mix worth the price?

This is subjective and depends on individual needs and preferences. However, many users believe that the Vita Mix is worth the price due to its versatility, durability, and high-quality blending results.

How does a Vita Mix compare to other blenders?

The Vita Mix is often considered superior to other blenders due to its powerful motor, durable design, and ability to blend a variety of ingredients smoothly and quickly. It also has a longer warranty and a wider range of features compared to many other blenders.

Can a Vita Mix be used for juicing?

Yes, a Vita Mix can be used for juicing by blending fruits and vegetables into a smooth consistency. However, it does not extract pulp like a traditional juicer, so the end result may be thicker and more fibrous.

Are there any special care instructions for a Vita Mix?

To ensure the longevity of your Vita Mix, it is recommended to clean it after each use by blending warm water and a drop of dish soap. It is also important to avoid blending hot liquids and to not overload the blender with too many ingredients at once.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
RudolfH
  • DessertDivaFL
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jetcitysandy
  • missyciccolella
  • General Chat
Replies