• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Stone Dutch Oven Still Available for Replacement Parts?

In summary, the man was approached at a festival over the weekend and said his Stone Dutch Oven was cracked. He asked if it could be replaced and was told there were no replacement parts available. He was also told the product was discontinued a few years ago. He was told to call the company and see if they would help him.
tmo2008
Does anyone know/remember the Stone Dutch Oven? (Was there a product named this?) I was approached at a festival over the weekend and this man said that his is cracked and wanted to know if it could be replaced. I don't even know how long ago this product was discontinued to know if I can get replacement parts.

Any suggestions?

Trina

The only thing I can think of is the Stoneware Baking Bowl and DDB combo - that would look kinda like a Dutch Oven. Otherwise, sounds like he's got us confused with another company.

Sell him a DCB.

No, he is PC loyal...just doesn't know the exact product name. He said it resembles the DCB, not glazed though.

How long ago was that discontinued? Could a lid be ordered?

He said he will more than likely order a DCB...just wants to know if there are replacement parts still available for his product he currently has.

Trina

Nope, no replacement parts. They were separate items that have since been discontinued.

Thank you Deb...I just wanted to get some answers before I call the man back.

He was potential host material too. Maybe he will be interested in hosting in November since it is Stone month...I already have a strong November started!! Wish it were this easy all the time!! All of my hosts want to do November!! Stones, stones, stones!!
If SAT is November, I will be on a good start!!

Trina

Wasn't this a cover that fit over the 9x13 baking pan? I used to have one but it got dropped during a move. That came out before any of the stones were glazed.
I saw a used one recently on our local listings for Craigslist.

I actually found a rectangular lid/bowl online...it was disc. in 06...I am thinking it must be this? He said that he got it a couple of years ago, and when he asked the consultant who he had bought it from, she was NO help...I thought that replacement parts were available for the amount of the warranty? Maybe they have some of these on hand at the HO? But I don't know how I would be able to do it for him if his original consultant was not any help and I cannot retrieve a receipt for him....

Trina

Attachments

• rectangular lid-bowl.jpg
    rectangular lid-bowl.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 342
I have that set although I got it LONG before 2006. I'm sure that is what he means. I just saw one at a rummage sale - set for $40 but didn't get it - I have my own.Have him call HO and see if they will assist him. Warranty is 3 years from ship date so he may be out of luck.

Well, that is what I was afraid of...but at least I TRIED...sounds like his other consultant didn't even do that!

I hope maybe with me trying I will have picked up a loyal customer!! We shall see! I will still see if he wants to get the DCB!! Much more flexible since it is small enough to use in the micro!!

Thanks for your input!

Trina

I see baking bowls and lid/bowls on Craigslist from time to time. I got a lid/bowl on CL for my sister for $10. The DCB is just not big enough for her family. She was ecstatic. You might look there to help him out.Oh, and then the lady who sold me the lid/bowl placed a $40 order with me. :)

I picked up a baking bowl in a batch of stoneware I bought off of Craigslist. What on earth did y'all use it for?

the Baking Bowl is great for casseroles, baked pasta dishes, etc.and use it on top of the DDB and it works just like the DCB.

What is a Dutch Oven?

A Dutch Oven is a large, heavy cooking pot with a tight-fitting lid. It is typically made of cast iron or ceramic and is used for braising, stewing, and making soups or chili.

What are the benefits of cooking with a Dutch Oven?

Cooking with a Dutch Oven allows for even heat distribution, making it perfect for slow cooking and achieving tender, flavorful dishes. It is also versatile and can be used on the stovetop, in the oven, or over a campfire.

How do I clean and maintain my Dutch Oven?

To clean a Dutch Oven, allow it to cool before washing with hot water and a mild detergent. Avoid using harsh abrasives or metal utensils, as they can damage the surface. To maintain its seasoning, lightly coat the inside with oil and store in a dry place.

Can I use a Dutch Oven in the oven or on a campfire?

Yes, Dutch Ovens are safe to use in the oven and over a campfire. Just be sure to use heat-resistant gloves or mitts when handling, as the pot and lid can become very hot.

What size Dutch Oven should I get?

The size of your Dutch Oven will depend on the number of people you will be cooking for. A 5-quart Dutch Oven can typically feed 4-5 people, while a 7-quart can feed 6-8 people. Consider your cooking needs and the amount of storage space you have before choosing a size.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
KarenMcC
  • ChefCKHall
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Suzballard
  • krzymomof4
  • Products and Tips
Replies