• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Salad Spinner from Pampered Chef Really Worth $50?

In summary, the conversation is discussing the features and benefits of a salad spinner that is being sold for $50.00. The users mention that it is easy to use, has a large capacity, and comes with a berry basket. They also highlight the spinning mechanism, braking feature, and how it can be used for multiple purposes. Some users compare it to other salad spinners on the market and mention that it is sturdier and has more value for the price. They also note that it is a popular product among salad enthusiasts. One user shares that they often demonstrate the product during shows and mention its versatility. Overall, the conversation emphasizes the high quality and usefulness of the salad spinner.
murkey
Okay, I must confess... I have no idea why someone would want to buy our salad spinner for $50.00 when there are so many others out there for SOOO much less. I can't answer questions on this product because... well, I don't know!

HELP!:confused:

I love how ours is pretty enough to be a serving bowl. The first time I saw it, I thought it was glass. It can suit any table setting. It's very large! Nice capacity. I love how it also has the berry basket. And the other ones I've seen you have to turn or spin a handle, ours is so easy and super fast with just touching it up and down. Anyone old or young can use it. The two colanders can be used separately, so really it has additional value right there. The only thing I wish was that it had a lid! :) (Now to make the request to HO so maybe they'll have one someday. ;) )

well, ours is just soooo much better.

First of all, the spinning mechanism is just so easy to use... get the older person at your show to do it to show how "anyone" can use it.

when I demo it, I wash the lettuce in the strainer part... let it sit in the sink for a bit. Then I spin the lettuce and when it's done (make sure you show off the braking mechanism), take out the lettuce strainer bowl and show everyone how much more water was spun off in the clear bowl - they will be quite amazed!

Give the bowl a quick wipe with a micro cloth and make and serve your salad in the clear bowl - show how the silicone on the bottom keeps it from sliding, and show off how there's both the berry spinner and salad spinner.

I really do think it's the best one on the market!

muffetts said:
well, ours is just soooo much better.

First of all, the spinning mechanism is just so easy to use... get the older person at your show to do it to show how "anyone" can use it. when I demo it, I wash the lettuce in the strainer part... let it sit in the sink for a bit. Then I spin the lettuce and when it's done (make sure you show off the braking mechanism), take out the lettuce strainer bowl and show everyone how much more water was spun off in the clear bowl - they will be quite amazed!

Give the bowl a quick wipe with a micro cloth and make and serve your salad in the clear bowl - show how the silicone on the bottom keeps it from sliding, and show off how there's both the berry spinner and salad spinner.

I really do think it's the best one on the market!

I have a young child do it sometimes if there is one at the show. I also tell guests that my 4 yr old always spins for me.

Ours spins at 13.5 mph, and has a brake! Usually just by demoing it, I sell it - or book shows to get it!

Does ours have a "stop" button? My OXO one has a push down handle and a stop button, a very nice feature.I haven't sold any, either. I love my OXO one, though, and haven't tried the PC version.

There's a little black button to press down on as a brake.

You can save money with it. You buy the cheaper ground beef that has more fat in it and after cooking you can "spin" the extra fat out of it. All of the excess grease will be in the bowl.

Initially I did not get this product and couldn't understand why it would cost $50 but it is much more heavy duty than others. The bowl is more sturdy and very pretty. And the one handed pumping and the brake are awesome.

I love the fact that you are really getting 4 products in 1 - the spinner as a whole, a small colander, large colander, and very large serving bowl. More for your money is what sold me. I would NOT buy a salad spinner by itself BUT if I could get more than a spinner, I would.

well put tara. i have noticed that hard-core salad fans love the spinner and recognize it as a quality product.

I show it and pass it around the room to everyone making the comment that when you are having a really bad day it is so much fun to get out and make it spin. Then when you have gotten done "playing" you can use it to make food too!!

I don't take it to shows usually, but I have sold 18 since it came out.

If you go to the Online Training Center on the Consultants Corner and listen to the class from National Conference 2008 "Be a Master Seller (2) by Feriale Yan" she does a whole speal on the Salad Spinner. I was already a huge fan of the salad spinner but after listening to that, I learned a bunch of new things (that I have already forgotten, I will be listening to it again!). She does an awesome job, I'm hoping to find more training classes that she did, I feel I could learn a lot from her. HTH!

I spun 1/4 cup of grease out of my 93% lean cooked ground beef. I'll bet some cheaper models on the market don't do that!
Deb

Oh, you can also spin your macaroni for pasta salads.
Deb

awesome. Thank you so much you all! I truly appreciate it! Now I am excited about selling it! I know it can be a much greater seller now that I can share the fat spinner, extra bowl, pretty bowl, pasta salad elements to it!!

ChefPaula, did you hear it at National Conference, or did you download the file? Because I was so excited until I downloaded it. It cut off after like 10 minutes! I complained and complained but so far it did not look like they had fixed it. Ms. Yan convinced me. She talked about how salads will use less calories because they don't have as much water. She said. "We're talking about a $50 item, people!"

The Salad and Berry Spinner is now $55 starting March 1!

I thought they said they weren't increasing any prices on any products?

No, they said they held off as long as they could, but they have had to make the changes. It was Becky or Rae I believe updated an excel sheet with the new spring products and prices and said watch for the price changes in the new cattie because over 150 or so have changed.

Di_Can_Cook said:
ChefPaula, did you hear it at National Conference, or did you download the file? Because I was so excited until I downloaded it. It cut off after like 10 minutes! I complained and complained but so far it did not look like they had fixed it.

Ms. Yan convinced me. She talked about how salads will use less calories because they don't have as much water. She said. "We're talking about a $50 item, people!"

I downloaded it, I didn't make it to NC... I had that problem with one of the other ones I downloaded, but I got the whole thing for hers. She is awesome, I looked through all of the other training things trying to find another class that she did, but couldn't find anything else. Sorry that it didn't work for you, maybe if you try it again, I don't know.

candiejayne said:
No, they said they held off as long as they could, but they have had to make the changes. It was Becky or Rae I believe updated an excel sheet with the new spring products and prices and said watch for the price changes in the new cattie because over 150 or so have changed.

Chef Ann did the Excel Sheet.;)

(She's a computer nerd - I'm just a nerd:D)

I sold the one I earned to a friend for half price. Other than that I haven't bothered to sale them. That is way to ridiculous of a price IMHO. Especially when you can get an XOXO for around $20.

jrstephens said:
I sold the one I earned to a friend for half price. Other than that I haven't bothered to sale them. That is way to ridiculous of a price IMHO. Especially when you can get an XOXO for around $20.

I had that one before I got ours and I gave it away, it doens't compare... IMO...

I LOVE the salad spinner. During the summer months, I used it on a daily basis. Works awesome when freezing broc -- after you blanch it, just spin it out and freeze. I think I sold about 15 last year.

1. How does the Pampered Chef Salad Spinner work?

The Pampered Chef Salad Spinner has a unique design that allows you to easily wash and dry your greens with just a few simple steps. First, place your greens inside the basket and rinse them with water. Then, place the basket back into the bowl and secure the lid. Finally, spin the handle to remove excess water and enjoy perfectly dry greens for your salad.

2. Is the Pampered Chef Salad Spinner easy to clean?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Salad Spinner is designed with easy cleaning in mind. The basket and lid are both dishwasher safe, making clean-up a breeze. Additionally, the bowl can be easily wiped down with a damp cloth.

3. Can the Pampered Chef Salad Spinner be used for other fruits and vegetables?

While the Pampered Chef Salad Spinner is specifically designed for greens, it can also be used to wash and dry other fruits and vegetables such as berries, herbs, and even potatoes. Just be sure to adjust the spinning time accordingly.

4. How durable is the Pampered Chef Salad Spinner?

The Pampered Chef Salad Spinner is made with high-quality materials and is built to last. The bowl is made of durable plastic and the basket and lid are made of BPA-free plastic. With proper care, it can withstand regular use for many years.

5. What makes the Pampered Chef Salad Spinner different from other salad spinners on the market?

The Pampered Chef Salad Spinner stands out for its unique design and functionality. The spinning mechanism is located in the lid, allowing for a more efficient and thorough drying process. The non-slip base also ensures stability while in use. Additionally, the bowl and basket can be used separately as a serving bowl and colander, making it a versatile kitchen tool.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
DizziePixie
  • esavvymom
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • leftymac
  • Products and Tips
2 3