• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the QSP lid secure and spill-proof for kids' drinks?

In summary, the QSP is spill-proof and has a tab on top to pour, strain, or close to help prevent spilling. It is also secure with the lid not falling off.
kam
Staff member
I don't have these yet....

How secure is the lid on the QSP? I have a customer wanting to know. Is it pretty spill-proof? I think they were thinking about having kids drinks in it and the kids taking them out of the fridge. And they want to know if the top stays on.

Thanks!

I think they are pretty secure. The lid doesn't fall right off because the "pumper" (for lack of a better term) goes all the way to the bottom. Plus, there is a tab on the top of the pitcher that you can set to pour, strain, or closed to help prevent spilling as well.

I don't think there is a way for the lid to fall off. You have to pull the plunger all the way up in order to get the lid off.

QspI just had two people order these yesterday, and one ordered the family size. The reason the other person ordered the smaller one was because she has kids who will be using it, and she thought it might be easier for them to lift it from the fridge and use it to pour if it was the smaller size (I guess less liquid=less weight, so I understand where she's coming from).
The lid stays on well, with leakage being a problem only if someone shakes the darn thing a lot. :) You never know with kids, right?
Not that anyone asked, but I love mine...I've had it for more than seven years now. Might need to get the newer one since it looks nicer, but I always make strawberry lemonade at parties to go with whatever we're cooking. VERY good for hands-on participation (one person measures sugar with the adjustable measuring cup, someone else slices lemons in half with the utility knife, and someone else uses the citrus press to squeeze the lemons...then someone else does the plunger on the QSP to mix it all up...I use frozen strawberries, to make it cooler). I usually sell at least two or three at a party when I demo it. :)

Thanks everyone!

I will be seeing this customer at a show on Friday and I will let her know.

Also, if she orders it and does not like it - she can return it in 30 days for her money back and pay no return shipping - right??

I would like to have her order it and feel like she has nothing to lose by ordering it.

Yes, she can try it for 30 days.

When the large pitcher is full I can barely lift it. The small size is perfect and is really quite attractive.
Cathy

Dont drop them though :( I just lost my big new QSP to a fall coming out of a cabinet, it hit the floor and the bottom shattered like glass. I have a replacement coming that I'm hoping makes it for my show on the 12th. It's my favorite new toy and I miss it!
I have to agree - it is heavy when full. I might get the smaller one for smaller batches of iced tea, etc...

Related to Is the QSP lid secure and spill-proof for kids' drinks?

1. How does the Quick Stir Pitcher work?

The Quick Stir Pitcher is designed with a unique stirring mechanism at the bottom of the pitcher. Simply push down on the plunger to activate the stirring blades, which will evenly mix your ingredients without the need for a separate utensil.

2. Is the Quick Stir Pitcher dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Quick Stir Pitcher is dishwasher safe. However, we recommend placing it on the top rack of the dishwasher to avoid potential damage from high heat.

3. Can I use the Quick Stir Pitcher for both hot and cold beverages?

Yes, the Quick Stir Pitcher is versatile and can be used for both hot and cold beverages. The pitcher is made with heat-resistant material, so it can withstand hot liquids without warping or melting.

4. How much liquid can the Quick Stir Pitcher hold?

The Quick Stir Pitcher has a capacity of 2 quarts, making it perfect for making large batches of drinks or mixing ingredients for recipes.

5. Can the Quick Stir Pitcher be used for dry ingredients?

While the Quick Stir Pitcher is designed for liquid ingredients, it can also be used for dry ingredients such as pancake mix or powdered drink mixes. Just be sure to mix slowly and use caution when pushing down on the plunger to avoid any spills.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• katem51
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
sandilou
  • keynibear
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
KimoMakano
  • Lisa/ChefBear