• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Raised Lid on My DCB Normal? And How Do I Prevent Odor on Stoneware?

In summary, the crescent rolls should cover the whole surface of the baker, the lid should lay flat on the baker, and the baker should have a hot water rinse after every use to take care of bacteria.
Becky0216
I have the DCB and love it. My only question is about the lid. should the lid lay flat on the baker? Mine is raised on the on the sides and therefore kinda rocks on it when touched. I don't want to make an adjustment on it if its normal. Especially because it will be expensive to ship.

Also, how do I keep my stonewear from retaining odor? Mine still smells like Ham.
I have alot of people tell me they are hesitant to put raw chicken or mets on their stone because you don't wash it with soap. Everyone is on the same school of thought with the seasoning.... If it gets seasoned, then there is something remaining on the stone so it can't be nonpourous and therefore food is seeping into the stone.
Sorry if this doesn't make sense. I am having such a hard time selling to people like that cause I still don't quite understand it.

Also sorry I made this into 2 different topics.

excellent questions so I'm bumping this for some of our experienced PC's here!

Lay out crescent rolls so they cover the whole surface, bake and toss. That should help take care of the odor. They are not supposed to absorb order but it can happen. I do raw chicken on mine all the time. Soap has nothing to do with cleaning, it's just a degreaser. It's the hot water that takes care of bacteria.

As for the baker lid, if it bothers you call HO and ask. When did you get it? If it's still within 30 days of the ship date, you can return it at no cost. If it bothers you, get it returned now.

My Lid rocks...it doesn't bother me I just see it as unique piece of stone work.

ok thanks. I just wasn't sure about the lid rocking. I thought it was defective. Thank you for the answers to the odor as well.

What is the DCB?

The DCB stands for "Deep Covered Baker" and is a versatile cooking vessel that can be used in the oven, microwave, and even on the grill.

How do I clean the DCB?

The DCB should be washed by hand with warm, soapy water. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive scrubbers as they can damage the surface of the baker.

Can the DCB be used in the dishwasher?

No, the DCB is not dishwasher safe. It should be washed by hand to ensure its longevity and to prevent any potential damage.

What types of dishes can I make with the DCB?

The DCB is great for making a variety of dishes such as casseroles, roasts, soups, and even desserts. It can also be used for reheating leftovers or cooking frozen meals.

Do I need to preheat the DCB before use?

No, the DCB does not require preheating. It can be used right out of the box, however, it is recommended to lightly grease the surface before adding your ingredients for easier clean-up.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• taterbug
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
taterbug
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Stoneware
Replies
Views
chefann
  • MainStChef