• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Mega Lifter worth the hype?

In summary, the conversation discusses whether or not the mega-lifter is worth the investment. The author uses their own experience to explain that it is a useful tool for many purposes, including for pizza on the grill.
Hunter Mom
I did not earn the mega lifter, and didn't get it during sample time or KE. Yet I keep looking at it, mulling it over. I'm really not convinced I'd use it much. Is it worth it?

I was just thinking the same thing today. I have my kit enhancement coming up but I am not sure if that is something I want to invest in or not. Hmmmm......tough decision! I am thinking it WOULD be awesome for pizza on the grill but how many shows am I actually going to do that at?

I earned it during November SAT and I thought about using it and thought about it but never really had the chance. When it got warm out a few weeks ago I grilled a pizza and I love it! It's perfect for flipping the pizza and removing it from the grill.

However; I also plan on showing people how they can use it to carry all of their stuff for the pizza out to their grill too. I put the dough on the grill and then ran back inside and used the mega lifter to carry my bottle of bbq sauce, my basting brush, 2 prep bowls (one with onions and one with chicken) and a bottle of olive oil.

You're so smart! Of course, with my luck, I'd drop the whole works. LOL!

It is on the supply order now. I love mine. Grilled pizza is quickly becoming a staple at my house. I have only used it had one show so far but it was a hit.

What type of dough do you use for the grill pizza?

My customers are buying it for ribs.

I use mine all the time when I make pizza in the oven (w/o a stone). It's awesome! Plus the feature of it transferring cakes, using for ribs, chicken quarters, whole fish on the grill, etc. It is as good as they make it out to be. I love it.

pchockeymom said:
I use mine all the time when I make pizza in the oven (w/o a stone). It's awesome! Plus the feature of it transferring cakes, using for ribs, chicken quarters, whole fish on the grill, etc. It is as good as they make it out to be. I love it.

What she said.

I just did a grill show on Sunday - we made pizza on the grill and it was great! One of the guests was a personal chef and she suggested that it would be good for Salmon and other fish that tend to flake. I have used it for everything and love it. I always introduce it by holding it up and saying "you can use it for a hand mirror" - always gets a laugh.:blushing:

They used to have a plastic thing that lifted cookies off stoneware ... I keep thinking that this item can be used for the same purpose.

I've used boboli premade crusts so far but I have a pillsbury dough in the fridge that I am going to try tomorrow.

When I got my order in the mail I thought "I will never use this thing" but literally later that day I was doing a layer cake and in determining how to get the layers on I thought "the mega lifter"! It worked perfectly for this! I actually use it more than most fo the other spring products!

I had an older host recently say she wanted to use it to tuck in the sheets between her mattress and box springs. She has one of those therapeutic beds which have very heavy mattresses. She thought this would be easier to shove the sheet in that trying to use it with her hands.

gailz2 said:
I had an older host recently say she wanted to use it to tuck in the sheets between her mattress and box springs. She has one of those therapeutic beds which have very heavy mattresses. She thought this would be easier to shove the sheet in that trying to use it with her hands.

If THAT doesn't work (might not be sturdy enough for that task), then I bet one of the BBQ Turners (not the longer one) would definitely work! :) Those are heavy-duty bad-boys!

Too funny about the tuck-in tool purposing!
I earned the mega-lifter, but turned my nose up at it. I rarely use the old style lifters, so thought I didn't need another set. Maybe I will take it out of the package instead of saving it for a prize!

It's on the supply order....

Guess I may end up with one after all.

pchockeymom said:
Never thought about taking pizza out of the oven that you cook on the rack! We do this all the time (prefer it over stoneware) and I usually have to try to slide it back onto the box which can be messy. That and DH usually ends up throwing away the box before it's done!

Intrepid_Chef said:
They used to have a plastic thing that lifted cookies off stoneware ... I keep thinking that this item can be used for the same purpose.
Giant cookie pizzas maybe?!

Related to Is the Mega Lifter worth the hype?

What is the Mega Lifter and what does it do?

The Mega Lifter is a versatile kitchen tool that can be used to lift, turn, and transfer large or heavy food items such as roasts, turkeys, and cakes. Its long handle and sturdy grip make it easy to handle and maneuver, making cooking and serving easier and safer.

Is the Mega Lifter dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Mega Lifter is dishwasher safe. Simply place it on the top rack of your dishwasher for easy cleaning after use.

Can the Mega Lifter be used on non-stick surfaces?

Yes, the Mega Lifter is safe to use on non-stick surfaces. Its smooth, non-scratch surface will not damage or cause scratches on your cookware.

Is the Mega Lifter durable and long-lasting?

Yes, the Mega Lifter is made of high-quality materials that are designed to withstand frequent use and last for years to come. It is also backed by our satisfaction guarantee, so if you encounter any issues with your Mega Lifter, we will gladly replace it.

Is the Mega Lifter worth the price?

Definitely! The Mega Lifter is a versatile kitchen tool that can make cooking and serving easier and safer. Its durable construction and multiple uses make it a worthwhile investment for any home cook or chef.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • clshirk
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • BeckyC5830