• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Double Burner Griddle Evenly Heated for Perfect Pancakes?

In summary, the DBG is an electric oven that is made just like our Exec cookware. It heats evenly and is perfect for making pancakes, French toast, and grilled cheese.
jesusluvsu2005
How many of y'all have this? Does it heat evenly is you have the regular electric oven? You know with the coiled burners? I'd love to be able to make several pancakes at once but wondering if there are cool spots that don't heat as much on this. Thanks!
God bless,
Amanda

I have sold several to customers and they love it. It's made just like our Exec cookware so there should be even heating throughout. You might need to adjust the temp on your burners if one is bigger than the other though.

(I have the DBG that came with my cooktop so I don't need ours.)

I never had one - just because I didn't trust that it would actually heat evenly enough to use the whole surface at one time. But this past panorama, I had to use my points for something, and that was the # of points I had left, so I got one.

I :love: LOVE :love: it! Even the middle part heats up evenly! You really can use the whole surface. And now, when my family eats pancakes, or french toast, or quesadillas, or grilled cheese - we can all eat at the same time! I have a big old electric griddle, but this is so much easier to store and use.

Have it and love it. I make huge batches of pancakes at once and freeze them for easy weekday breakfast. Like Linda said, you may have to fool around with the controls a bit, but once you get it, it's perfect.

Wow - I took mine out of the box to look at it, put it back in and haven't seen it since.Of course, since it's just The Kat Lady and me here, I've not had much call to use it. I may have to rethink that.

I have one and I love it, only I've got to learn how to use my stove (I normally only use 1 burner so now using a big and a little one at the same time is taking some getting use to)

Love it - we use it every weekend - pancakes - grilled cheese - I have gas - and it still is awesome!!!

Funny story too - I buy my meat and chicken in bulk (especially when on sale) I flatten my chicken cutlets and freeze them using the food saver (love that thing!) - One day I forgot to take the chicken cutlets out of the subzero freezer, (realized this at like 230 in the afternoon- we eat at 515) grabbed them out, stuck them on the DBG and they were defrosted and ready to cook for dinner!! (if it worked with the ice cube and the 8 inch saute - why not!!)

Nice to know that some consultants actually use TPC products for the reasons we preach at shows! ;)

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
Of course, since it's just The Kat Lady and me here, I've not had much call to use it. I may have to rethink that.
I use mine for pancakes, and it's just 2 of us here, too. It's nice because you can make enough that you can actually eat at the same time, without stashing them in the oven to stay warm in the meantime.

What about for glass top stoves??? I've been told not to get it bcs of my glass top, it heats so evenly that it could ruin my stove.

What have you all heard?

I have an electric stove and it works great. Sometimes depending on what I am cooking I may turn one burner up higher than the other one.

I have really been using it more here lately for breakfast on the weekends b/c Luke will want french toast while we want grill cheee or pancakes.

I love it!

Last edited:
I have one just for the two of us and love it. Making bacon, pancakes and eggs all in one pan is really nice and efficient. Plus it cleans like a breeze! I use to have an electric one that I hated to clean so I never got it out or it stayed dirty until I wanted to clean it.

As for glass top stoves, my MIL has used hers several times on her stove and never has a problem.

tvwalsh72 said:
What about for glass top stoves??? I've been told not to get it bcs of my glass top, it heats so evenly that it could ruin my stove.

What have you all heard?

Never heard that. I have a glass top (which I hate!) and use my DBG frequently. We have 4 kids so it is great for making pancakes & French toast. I love mine!

I have a glass top (mine has the bridge between burners for a griddle)
I use it for fajitas,hot ham and cheese or reubens, pancakes, scrambled eggs,
burgers, hash browns

Related to Is the Double Burner Griddle Evenly Heated for Perfect Pancakes?

1. What is the size of the Double Burner Griddle?

The Double Burner Griddle measures 20 inches by 10.5 inches, making it the perfect size for use on most standard stovetops.

2. Is the Double Burner Griddle dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Double Burner Griddle is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. However, we recommend hand washing to prolong the life of the product.

3. Can the Double Burner Griddle be used on all types of stovetops?

Yes, the Double Burner Griddle is compatible with all stovetops, including gas, electric, and induction. It can also be used on outdoor grills.

4. Does the Double Burner Griddle have a non-stick coating?

Yes, the Double Burner Griddle features a durable non-stick coating that allows for easy cooking and cleaning.

5. How many pancakes can the Double Burner Griddle hold at once?

The Double Burner Griddle can hold up to 5 regular-sized pancakes at once, making it perfect for cooking large batches for the whole family.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
carlajanes
  • heather223
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • babywings76
  • Products and Tips
Replies