• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is the Dell Inspiron 1525 a Good Laptop for Everyday Use?

In summary, Deb posted about her excitement for her new Dell desktop and her plans to use it to pay off her debt and buy a new bedroom set. Anthony and she just purchased a new Dell desktop as well.
chefkathy
I'm so excited. My laptop is way bogged down and I'm running out of memory. Saw a great deal on a Dell desktop with a free upgrade to a--get this--320GB hard drive, so I jumped on it. Also has 3 GB of RAM, so this one should last me a long, long time and P3 should run effortlessly. :)It's supposed to ship next week! yay! Maybe now I can strip down my laptop and bring it to shows with me again. We'll see....

Ohhhhh... a new toy! What fun!

I just finally got new furniture in my family room! The old stuff is barely good enough to give to my son for his college apartment (but that's what he's getting and he's thrilled). We waited so long but first we wanted to get rid of our credit card debt completely and have the cash. Thanks to my PC business and the incentive check (or whatever they call that money we got from the government) we were able to do it now!

...now to start saving for that bedroom set again. (Still using the set DH bought before we were married - a man's set, no mirror... and we've been married 22 years.) I want a new set but the living room was desperate. I need a lot of really good months this year so I can do this!

Oh Deb! I made this about me! SORRY -...but it made me want to celebrate too... <<<<slinking away............

Don't worry Beth. Deb has a way of inspiring us no matter what she posts. She did it the TPC thread and now this can be the 'joys of PC income' thread.

For us, PC is helping to pay off our dream home (so we can actually go live in it). My income covers a lot of our day to day requirements...so we can afford to put both our military pensions towards the house and hopefully retiring (for good) soon.

Wonderful to hear all about how our PC income enhances our lives!

dannyzmom said:
Wonderful to hear all about how our PC income enhances our lives!

Not only did it help get us debt free (well except the house and DH's car) it paid off my old car so I could get a new one and is paying that one off and pays for every vacation/trip we've made in the last 6 years and more and I have bought 2 laptops and a desktop during that time with my PC commissions. Gotta love PC!:love0010:

legacypc46 said:
Don't worry Beth. Deb has a way of inspiring us no matter what she posts. She did it the TPC thread and now this can be the 'joys of PC income' thread.
Exactly! About the joys of PC income part--not tooting my own horn here. My PC income is paying down our debt and we are almost debt free (thanks in part to the Dave Ramsey plan, too). But I made $$$$ in May and decided to splurge on the computer, too. :D It will greatly increase my productivity and be well worth it!

And it's tax deductable!

Awesome Deb! Congrats! I'm sure you'll LOVE IT!!:D

Anthony and I just purchased a new Dell Desktop as well, he should be here next week too!! He got a quad core processor and 750 GB hard drive and he said I'm going to LOVE it. We got a great deal through Dell, well we better since he's liking each deal that comes out better. He bought one and it was due to ship today but then cancelled it b/c he liked yesterday's deal better so now it has to go through pre-production again. Ugh! I told him NO MORE CHANGING IT!!

Holy crap it's already shipped! I'll have it by Monday or Tuesday!

Oh great!! I'm going to check mine now! :)

Mine still showing in production. :sick: It's supposed to ship on Monday but we'll have it on Tuesday since we got free next day shipping!!

Oh! I bet you two can't wait to start playing with your new toys (er, computers). What fun!

bethcooks4u said:
Oh! I bet you two can't wait to start playing with your new toys (er, computers). What fun!

Yup because as I"m typing this, I have 4 large pink stripes down my monitor. My video card went bad in this one 2 days after we purchased the new one!:rolleyes:

pampmomof3 said:
Yup because as I"m typing this, I have 4 large pink stripes down my monitor. My video card went bad in this one 2 days after we purchased the new one!:rolleyes:

I bet it KNEW you were betraying it! :devil:

bethcooks4u said:
I bet it KNEW you were betraying it! :devil:

Yeah, that's my luck! Luckily, a new video card is only $40 so I should get the new card tomorrow!!

pampmomof3 said:
Yeah, that's my luck! Luckily, a new video card is only $40 so I should get the new card tomorrow!!

So is one a laptop? Or are you becoming a 2 desktop family?

We have a desktop and two laptops - well, 2 of each while DS is home for summer break (he chose to go to a desktop when his laptop died).

bethcooks4u said:
So is one a laptop? Or are you becoming a 2 desktop family?

We have a desktop and two laptops - well, 2 of each while DS is home for summer break (he chose to go to a desktop when his laptop died).

2 desktop and one laptop. Our kids are very good on the computer and play computer educational games and I'm dying to get on CS and DCS so yes, it's a good thing!

pampmomof3 said:
2 desktop and one laptop. Our kids are very good on the computer and play computer educational games and I'm dying to get on CS and DCS so yes, it's a good thing!

Totally get that! At one time we had 2 desktops and 3 laptops for 4 people plus the one my DH carried for work. Functioning computers that is. lol

bethcooks4u said:
Totally get that! At one time we had 2 desktops and 3 laptops for 4 people plus the one my DH carried for work. Functioning computers that is. lol

Some of my friends think we're wacked out but hey technology is constantly changing!!

I knew this thread would come in handy down the road. I was hoping it wouldn't be this soon!! I'm probably in the market for a new laptop. Mine's only 2 1/2 years old, but I use the crap out of it. I'm CONSTANTLY on it. Some keys have worn off. Then my screen died. It needs the inverter and backlight replaced, which means a whole new LCD. They're saying it'll be about $300. So now I"m tempted to get a new laptop. I have a Dell and like that, but I'm not tied to that.

I know a lot of you posters on this thread are at conference :( or heading to conference like me, but I'd love other input. I'd love to hear how Deb likes hers. I know I want a laptop. Luckily since I'm going to conference tomorrow and wasn't set on bringing it (thanks to my Blackberry:)), it'll stay at the shop until I decide what to do. I'm looking at Dell 1525s. I also see that Best Buy carries Dell so I don't know if I should go through them or straight through Dell. I may get an extended warranty this time. It's AMAZING how far they've come in two years. I wish I could find that same deal that Deb found on that memory upgrade!!! That's awesome.

Well, any thoughts would be appreciated. Of course, I don't need to figure this out now - it can wait until I get home from conference, but you know how you get your mind set on something and you can't stop it.....:p

Hey Becky! I have a Dell Inspiron and like it a lot. Of course I don't use it for what its worth. Pretty much just use it to go on the internet and P3 mainly.

Mine is a Dell desktop--Vostro 200Check www.bensbargains.net. Stuff comes up on there all the time.

pampmomof3 said:
Hey Becky! I have a Dell Inspiron and like it a lot. Of course I don't use it for what its worth. Pretty much just use it to go on the internet and P3 mainly.

That's the one I was looking at. Is it a 1525? Do you know the specs like memory and speed, etc? Did you get it right from Dell? Did you get an extended warranty? I need to figure this out soon, but with what I just learned at conference (wahoo!!), that might just make it easier to afford.:D

1. What types of computers do Pampered Chef employees typically order?

At Pampered Chef, employees have the option to order either a Mac or a PC for their work computer. Both options are available and supported by our IT department.

2. How long does it typically take for a new computer to arrive?

The delivery time for a new computer can vary depending on availability and shipping times. However, on average, it takes about 1-2 weeks for a new computer to be delivered and set up for use.

3. Can I transfer my data and files from my old computer to the new one?

Absolutely! Our IT department can assist with transferring data and files from your old computer to the new one. Just make sure to back up any important files before the transfer process begins.

4. Are there any specific software or programs that come pre-installed on the new computer?

Yes, the new computer will come with necessary software and programs for work use, such as Microsoft Office. If there are any additional programs needed for your specific job role, please inform our IT department for installation.

5. What should I do if I encounter any issues with my new computer?

If you experience any technical difficulties or issues with your new computer, please contact our IT department for assistance. They will be able to troubleshoot and resolve any problems you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
cookinmama
Replies
Views
lacychef
  • Jess_K
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
dbarkman