• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Simple Additions® Safe from Lead Contamination?

In summary, the SA dinnerware is made in China, but the company does not say "made in America." Does that mean it is not ok? Some people believe that it is not ok because the money that is earned from the sales benefits Americans, specifically the children of the individual. PC is an American company, and its sales help support Americans.
cewcooks
A past host wants to know why the SA dinnerware is made in China when PC is a US company on the bottom of the plates/bowls it has a china label but does not say made in, does that mean it's ok? Does anyone have any suggestions?

alot of our products are made in China

...but not our stoneware!

Does she drive an American car? :confused: My DH works for GM and it makes him crazy when people drive Mitsubishi, Honda etc.:mad: I know a lot of those companies make cars here in America (but the money for the better part of those sales $$ bought by American consumers end up out of our country!) Especially bugs him when those cars have American flag stickers on them. It effects us in a real way. We pay for the labor in other countries but if we sell products here, the $$ for those sales benefit Americans-- for me it specifically benefits my kids. SA sales helped buy DS some new pants that he really needed(should have seen the look on his face when I brought those home). :angel: I can't let my kids suffer by not selling what will benefit our family. For the same reason that I hope GM makes a great profit on the sales from cars in Germany. They paid the labor here and the sales dollars ended up here. They even stopped plans for moving to Mexico for cheaper labor and kept the proving grounds here because the government there insisted we pay them American wages. In a perfect world it would all be like that. Until then, I will do the best I can and at least support the free enterprise system. PC is an American company. Its sales support Americans. I'm sure it isn't perfect, but it is good. American isn't perfect, but it is good. Do what you can. :)

If you read Dori's book it explains that alot of our products are made in China because American manufacturers would not even talk to her or take her seriously whe she was starting to get products made exclusively for PC. The manufacturers from China treated her like gold and would make things to her specifications.

is that the "Come to the Basement" book? I should get a copy of it...

If you're worried about the paint on them; there was something awhile back in weekly bites that said it had been tested & it's all okay...

no that one is written by Doris's husband Jay.

Here is the one... it is a great read.

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff101/PCmom2/pcbook.jpg

read more on amazon...
http://www.amazon.com/dp/0385515359/?tag=pfamazon01-20

I had a retiree blast me on "ceramics made in China have lead-based glazes" and that CNN or 60 minutes had a story on them about 2 years ago for which the outcome was don't buy ceramics made in China.

I'll write to HO asking about this - because it's the second scare in 1 week and I need to have my comeback prepared.

Anyone keep the Weekly Bites with that info? I have a lot of them saved in email so I'll look as well.

I had a customer send back her SA dish set that she ordered (the $150 set) + bowls because they were made in China. No amount of reassuring her would tallk her out of it. She was a pain of a customer anyway, but it was frustrating.

I had a customer ask about them but it just made me aware to only tell her about specials that were not made in China. No biggie. She's been great about it.

Nanisu said:
I had a customer send back her SA dish set that she ordered (the $150 set) + bowls because they were made in China. No amount of reassuring her would tallk her out of it. She was a pain of a customer anyway, but it was frustrating.

Once some people get something in their heads (non-stick cookware has dangerous fumes, cooking with a microwave fills your foods with radiation, etc.), it's difficult to convince them otherwise.

Chef Stephanie Petersen said:
Does she drive an American car? :confused: My DH works for GM and it makes him crazy when people drive Mitsubishi, Honda etc.:mad: I know a lot of those companies make cars here in America (but the money for the better part of those sales $$ bought by American consumers end up out of our country!) Especially bugs him when those cars have American flag stickers on them. It effects us in a real way. We pay for the labor in other countries but if we sell products here, the $$ for those sales benefit Americans-- for me it specifically benefits my kids. SA sales helped buy DS some new pants that he really needed(should have seen the look on his face when I brought those home). :angel: I can't let my kids suffer by not selling what will benefit our family. For the same reason that I hope GM makes a great profit on the sales from cars in Germany. They paid the labor here and the sales dollars ended up here. They even stopped plans for moving to Mexico for cheaper labor and kept the proving grounds here because the government there insisted we pay them American wages. In a perfect world it would all be like that. Until then, I will do the best I can and at least support the free enterprise system. PC is an American company. Its sales support Americans. I'm sure it isn't perfect, but it is good. American isn't perfect, but it is good. Do what you can. :)

Our family feels the same way re: american cars, etc. We try and buy Made in the USA as much as humanly possible.....even if it means paying a little more. Thank you....for writing what you did. :)

Found it Scott!
From weekly bites; Nov 6, 2007

"
As you may know, recently there has been media coverage regarding possible lead content in ceramic products made in China. If you should receive any questions regarding Simple Additions®, you can be confident sharing with customers that we stand by the quality and safety of our products. And to give you additional assurance, we recently tested our Simple Additions® products and confirmed that they passed the tests regarding lead, meaning that Simple Additions® products are well within federal and state regulations. "

Related to Is Simple Additions® Safe from Lead Contamination?

1. Are Pampered Chef products made in China?

Yes, some Pampered Chef products are made in China. However, the company also works with manufacturers in many other countries, including the United States, Germany, and Canada. They prioritize quality and safety in their products, regardless of where they are made.

2. How can I tell if a Pampered Chef product is made in China?

Pampered Chef products will have a label on the packaging or product itself that indicates where it was manufactured. This label is required by law and is easy to find.

3. Are the materials used in Pampered Chef products safe and non-toxic?

Yes, Pampered Chef ensures that all materials used in their products meet strict safety and quality standards. They also regularly test their products to ensure they are free from harmful chemicals.

4. Is there a difference in quality between products made in China and those made in other countries?

No, Pampered Chef maintains the same quality standards for all of their products, regardless of where they are manufactured. They have a team of professionals who work closely with their manufacturers to ensure consistent quality and safety.

5. Can I return or exchange a Pampered Chef product if it was made in China?

Yes, Pampered Chef has a generous return and exchange policy for all of their products, regardless of where they were manufactured. If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return or exchange it within 30 days for a full refund or replacement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • Raenstorm
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Raenstorm
  • peichef
  • Products and Tips
Replies