• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Sharing Chef Success Worth It?

In summary, my director does not seem to be bothered by me mentioning Chef Success, but some of my fellow consultants look down upon me because I learned some of this information off of the internet.
hoosierchef
When I mention Chef Success to other consultants, some look down upon me/us? My Director does a complete 180 when I start to mention something I learned off here. It's like it peeves her or something. It really kind of peeves me, because they all have their own little "loops" that they belong to. I enjoy getting useful information no matter where it came from. :rolleyes:

Anywho....I've shared this website to two fellow consultants in my cluster. Maybe they'll be joining us soon.

Cheers!

Tammi

I know there are some people who believe we're wasting time... talking about our business instead of working our business. I don't know if that's your director's line of thought, but when I sold Stampin' Up I heard that a few times in regards to email loops I belonged to.

I think some people are just information snobs - if it doesn't come down from the top in traditional channels, they discount it. There's also the "you should be DOING something instead of being online" argument - which is a very valid one.

Once you have some great dirt about some new idea, they'll change their tune. :)

The funny thing is, I have had some personally e-mail me for updates on Paige. One wants me to update a director's loop! If I am stumped before planning a meeting, I know I can come here, search and come up with some fantastic material to share with my team that I otherwise may not have time to develop. Between what HO shares, my upline shares and what I get from mainly Chef Success, I have much to work with.
Uplines do think that we need to be spending time on the phone and not on loops. You do need to strike a balance, however, this loop is supportive.

My Director has never looked down upon me being here...just helped me to see that sometimes I was entering "internet land" and not working my business.

There are great things to be learned from here, but I am personally aware of how much of a "time sucker" this can be if I let it. Sometimes it's easier to "talk about" doing things than to actually get off my butt and do them.

I am sure that's her reservation about loops in general.

Many feel:

1. that time is wasted that could be used working on our business when on forums like this.

2. that information that is freely shared on forums like this really should be shared by consultants' uplines.

3. that information given on forums like this is sometimes inaccurate.

My opinion:

1. we all know that there are times that we can not be making calls or even organizing our offices (late night, at "work"...) and many of us use that time for visiting sights like this one. I personally have to admit that I do spend more time than I should here. But you all are my family (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it). BUT we do share a LOT LOT of info that is very business related!!

2. I think we need to be aware that many directors really want to give their teams information first hand and it would help if we all name our threads well so that those whose directors feel that way can skip a topic. (I know! Likely to happen: 0%)

3. We all need to be careful to be accurate and never to be afraid to "correct" someone who is giving wrong information - always with kindness of course!

My director and I had a great chat about this on the way home from conference. She encourages me to be here especially during the school year when I've been "stuck" at home doing daycare... I mean that in a good way... don't jump my case... anyway... she also asked me to be careful whom I shared it with be cause there are truly, truly is one gal in our cluster who are not working their businesses at all and having another place to come would not benefit her right now. She has lots of issues to work through and doesn't really need the extra distraction so I understood her reservations and took her plea to heart. I'm sure that is NOT why lots of people respond but I was thankful she shared with me in the way she did. She also loves when I share the great things I learn here which can in turn help others.

Okay... confession time... I've been on here WAY too much today... but I'm leaving shortly to actually clean my house! :) yup, I am ... really! :)

My director loves that I have this site. Frequently I'm giving her information before she gets it and she gets a kick out of that. She also says that missing cluster meetings, due to my chronic fatigue, does not worry her because she knows I'm learning what I need to know and that you all motivate me to get off my... well you know. I also share various documents from here monthly like the booking benefit and other flyers that I think my team could benefit from. I also use the marketplace for my director, if she is looking for something I'll post a looking for it here and be her in-between person. I took a month break from here and it did not increase my poductivity it actually decreased my productivity.

Personally, as I'm sure many of you have noticed.....I have dramatically decreased the amount of time I spend on here. But most of the time I do spend on here is during my "regular" job. (Although I really shouldn't be doing that either. ;)) I understand the whole "working your business" aspect of looking at it, but when I know they are on loops too.....it just kinda irks me. Oh well....I knew you guys would be upfront and honest with me....and that's one thing I love about it here!

baychef said:
The funny thing is, I have had some personally e-mail me for updates on Paige. One wants me to update a director's loop! If I am stumped before planning a meeting, I know I can come here, search and come up with some fantastic material to share with my team that I otherwise may not have time to develop. Between what HO shares, my upline shares and what I get from mainly Chef Success, I have much to work with.
Uplines do think that we need to be spending time on the phone and not on loops. You do need to strike a balance, however, this loop is supportive.

You know Ann, it just occurred to me that I think I know who you are :) I believe you are a hospitality Director for one of the consultants in my extended first line of one of my future Directors teams (Carey). Am I right??? :) If so, it's so nice to "meet you" her on CC!

If I was getting as much information from my director, I wouldn't be on here.

IMHO, What does it really matter? Yes, you can easily be sucked in and be on hours on end, ;) , but I think it's a wonderful resource for us consultants. Especially for those who have, I hate to say it, directors or uplines that aren't quite as involved with their teams. My familyl and I will be moving in October and when I do, I know my director will help me find my hospitality director, etc, but until then, I have this wonderful website to get great information. Plus, it's definetly a moral booster when our business is not going so well.

My director believed in handing info out a little at a time so as not to overwhelm. I personally want it all now so I can read and digest it. I would have been so happy for this site had it been here when I joined PC.

I do have to say though that HO provides all the information we would ever need (and easier to find than searching here) on CC, in CN and weekly bytes, in our Business Binder, etc. We have the most awesome company that does EVERYTHING for us. Every season they come out with more professional business flyers and helps. I used to make and include lots of flyers in my host packets. Now I include 1 (tips on how to have a successful show and what to expect). EVERYTHING else is already produced by HO and looks much better than what I could put in. [note: I was putting DYLAB in the packet but I now give it to the host at the show - after the demo they understand better the benefit of helping to get bookings.]

BethCooks4U said:
I do have to say though that HO provides all the information we would ever need (and easier to find than searching here) on CC, in CN and weekly bytes, in our Business Binder, etc. We have the most awesome company that does EVERYTHING for us. Every season they come out with more professional business flyers and helps. I used to make and include lots of flyers in my host packets. Now I include 1 (tips on how to have a successful show and what to expect). EVERYTHING else is already produced by HO and looks much better than what I could put in. [note: I was putting DYLAB in the packet but I now give it to the host at the show - after the demo they understand better the benefit of helping to get bookings.]
On that note......I'm really excited about the new info!! I can't wait to order it!!!!!Funny thing is..........I think they get A LOT of their ideas from US here on CS!!! ;)

hoosierchef said:
On that note......I'm really excited about the new info!! I can't wait to order it!!!!!

Funny thing is..........I think they get A LOT of their ideas from US here on CS!!! ;)
A lot of them DO look familiar don't they!

OhmyDLM said:
You know Ann, it just occurred to me that I think I know who you are :) I believe you are a hospitality Director for one of the consultants in my extended first line of one of my future Directors teams (Carey). Am I right??? :) If so, it's so nice to "meet you" her on CC!
YES!!!! I LOVE Carey!!! And it is great to meet you too on here!! Carey has been away but hopefully she can be at our team meeting on Aug. 6th. We are going to look at the new products and brainstorm for the fall. She just fits in like one of the family (sick as we are!!) Let me know her stats and if she is recruiting!
(Sorry everyone, I just am too lazy to PM right now):rolleyes:

ya know, my director gave me a funny look when I first mentioned CS, you know the "don't waste your time", however recently when I shared a file with her she is all over where I got it from. I was like "don't waste your time, I got it from a friend". But I'll admit, if I spent 1/4 of the time on the phone as I do on here I'd probably be a lot more productive - but I figure it is good training that I don't get elsewhere.

amy07 said:
ya know, my director gave me a funny look when I first mentioned CS, you know the "don't waste your time", however recently when I shared a file with her she is all over where I got it from. I was like "don't waste your time, I got it from a friend". But I'll admit, if I spent 1/4 of the time on the phone as I do on here I'd probably be a lot more productive - but I figure it is good training that I don't get elsewhere.

I'm on here when I CAN'T be on the phone -- late at night or when the baby is playing and babbling and dancing to sesame street. Not good conditions for phone calls.

baychef said:
YES!!!! I LOVE Carey!!! And it is great to meet you too on here!! Carey has been away but hopefully she can be at our team meeting on Aug. 6th. We are going to look at the new products and brainstorm for the fall. She just fits in like one of the family (sick as we are!!) Let me know her stats and if she is recruiting!
(Sorry everyone, I just am too lazy to PM right now):rolleyes:

Another great thing about his site... meeting up and making connections with others that you might not normally get the chance to!

Carey has such wonderful things to say about you and your group too! Any by the way, she recruited her first team member last week! YaY. I'll remind Basant to send her stats along at month end. Thanks Ann!

My director got kinda snippy with me when I mentioned this site too - I don't understand it, because there's been many times when I've gotten more support and ideas from here than I have from her. I let her think what she wants....she doesn't know what she's missing!

Anyone at the Wave 3 M&G knows my director is OK with the site! She is always asking me about what I have heard. And, I am mainly on here when I can't make calls. So, I don't feel guilty at all.

We are probably better off "wasting our time" on here than play Snood or something! My director has been really impressed with a lot of the ideas that I've gotten from here (like the 24 bookings in 24 hours challenge-she shared it with EVERYONE!) I do spend a lot more time on here than I should (mostly avoiding housework!). I had a several month break from CS ( I know-GASP:eek: ) and I would say my business has been a lot more productive since I've been visiting CS regularly (and by regularly, I mean everyday, and by everday, I mean SEVERAL times a day! :D )

hoosierchef said:
When I mention Chef Success to other consultants, some look down upon me/us?
The nerds have always hated all us really cook kids.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
The nerds have always hated all us really cook kids.

cook kids - is that an intentional slip?

My director feels the same way, but I know I wouldn't be making calls if I wasn't on here, so I am not really "wasting" time that I wouldn't have been wasting anyway.

gilliandanielle said:
My director feels the same way, but I know I wouldn't be making calls if I wasn't on here, so I am not really "wasting" time that I wouldn't have been wasting anyway.

Me, too!!!

This forum feels like support and company to me. Sometimes I miss it when I am doing other things. I really don't get this kind of support from home. Maybe I have been spending too much time here though.

chefjwr said:
This forum feels like support and company to me. Sometimes I miss it when I am doing other things. I really don't get this kind of support from home. Maybe I have been spending too much time here though.

I call it my way of journaling... When I post random thoughts or questions or whatever, the voices that answer me aren't the ones in my head... I hear from them enough anyway...

When I became a consultant last year, and in the recruitment materials we are provided, the emphasis on being a consultant is that it it the consultant's business, and that the consultant can do with it what she/he desires to do...My Director will help me take my business big or keep it small...or whatever works for me within my family and priorities. We are all asked, "What is your dream? Why are you interested in starting a PC business?"

I love the ideas I find here ...!

My director has never been discouraging about my CS connection.....but she has always said "I just don't have time for that"......she belongs to a directors loop, and thought that she got the best info from there.
HOWEVER........I am always sending her info, and flyers, and theme show ideas, etc.....from here, and then they show up on her directors loop several days/weeks later! At conference, she pulled out her laptop to have me show her how to get on CS........so she actually may be a lurker right now!:D

kaceyleigh2 said:
We are probably better off "wasting our time" on here than play Snood or something!
OMG! I LOVE Snood!
<end hijack>

chefann said:
OMG! I LOVE Snood!
<end hijack>

<hijack coming>

What the heck is snood?

Not that I need any OTHER way to get sidetracked!! LOL:eek: :eek:

Snood is a game, developed originally for Macs but now available for Windows and at least one game system (Sony or Nintendo). A math teacher came up with it to get his students interested in pattern recognition, etc. It reminds me a little of Tetris, because you have to match colors to get things to disappear. It's HIGHLY addictive - I haven't played it in several years on purpose. http://www.womgames.com/index.php

Dude!!! I Got Hijacked!!! Wooohooo!!! :p

You know you TRULY belong when your thread is hijacked. :DUnless it's by me, because I sometimes have a hard time staying on topic. That's just how my brain works. LOL

Without this site, I wouldn't have much training. Yes, I do waste time here, but I used to waste time on People.com while watching T.V. at night. OR, I'd shop online. I would be on my computer anyway. Now I'm actually learning things relevent to my business. AND being entertained by "real" people.

THIS CAN BE A TOOL OF LEARNING BUT IT CAN ALSO BE A TOOL TO STOP YOU FROM REALLY WORKING THE 3-2-1, SO JUST KEEP THINGS IN PERSPECTIVE. i TRY TO VISIT A COUPLE OF TIMES A MONTH TO KEEP ABREAST TO ALL THE COOL THINGS.. SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS..

JAE said:
Without this site, I wouldn't have much training. Yes, I do waste time here, but I used to waste time on People.com while watching T.V. at night. OR, I'd shop online. I would be on my computer anyway. Now I'm actually learning things relevent to my business. AND being entertained by "real" people.
...and the usual gang of idiots.

1. Is Sharing Chef Success Worth It?

Yes, sharing Chef Success with others can be extremely beneficial for both the consultant and the company. It allows for the exchange of valuable information and tips among consultants, ultimately leading to increased success and growth for everyone involved.

2. Why do some consultants look down upon sharing Chef Success?

Some consultants may have negative attitudes towards sharing Chef Success because they feel that they have their own successful methods and do not want to change or adapt. They may also see sharing information as a threat to their own success.

3. Why does my Director have a negative reaction to mentioning something I learned on Chef Success?

It is possible that your Director may feel threatened by the idea of outside sources providing valuable information. They may also feel that they should be the sole source of guidance for their team.

4. Can sharing Chef Success information cause tension within a cluster?

It is possible that sharing information from Chef Success can cause tension within a cluster, especially if some consultants are resistant to change or feel that their own methods are superior. However, open-mindedness and a willingness to learn from others can help alleviate any potential tension.

5. Is it worth sharing Chef Success with fellow consultants?

Absolutely! Sharing Chef Success with other consultants is a great way to build a supportive and knowledgeable community within your team. It can also lead to increased success for all consultants involved.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
Replies
Views
Windy City Pampered Chef
  • RuthKCooks
  • Pampered Chef Support Group