• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Removing the Membrane from Ribs as Easy as They Say?

the tuna went from chunks to a watery goop in about 10 minutes. I think I put in too much water. Anyway, I'm not too eager to make it again.I made them for the first time last night and they were good. I did change a few things though. I used real mayo instead of Miracle Whip because I had it and I also used a little garlic powder and onion powder. I also put in a little lemon juice because I like my food with a little zing. Overall, I would definitely make them again! I definitely will! Like I said, my Mom is coming to visit, so we rented a Rug Doctor to clean the floors. For some reason I was cleaning
DebPC
Staff member
Ribs RecipeHas anyone made this either at home or for a show yet?

No but I must get to the store and get some ribs! I really can't wait to try it. All I hear is how great it is!

I went to the grocery store yesterday and spent $200 on our groceries for this week. I picked out 6 PC recipes to make this week (7 really, I got more Brie). Anyway, I forgot about the ribs!! :cry: I really hope I didn't throw away that receipt! Big loss for my tax deductions if I did.

I have and done this show three times and I love it!! Great show recipe and they are delious!!! (sorry, can't spell!)

I made them at home last night for the third time. I made FOUR racks and they are all gone. Need I say more?

Please share your recipe reviews.Pampered Posey please briefly review the 6 new recipes you're making this week for us and anyone else that would like to do so also. We would greatly appreciate it!

I made them at a New Consultant Training and they were pretty good. The pork tenderloin in the DCB is still my favorite!! The ribs could have been more tender and definitely didn't fall off the bone (I don't know if they ever would when cooked this way):eek: but they're great for FAST yummy food. I plan to make them this weekend while we watch the Bears game.

Happy Chef said:
Pampered Posey please briefly review the 6 new recipes you're making this week for us and anyone else that would like to do so also. We would greatly appreciate it!

I definitely will! Like I said, my Mom is coming to visit, so we rented a Rug Doctor to clean the floors. For some reason I was cleaning the floors while my DH made dinner. Tuna Helper was not what I had in mind! :yuck: Somehow roles got reversed, so no PC recipes yet, but I'll make one tonight and share (the results, not the food ;)). All of the recipes we picked are from 29 minutes to dinner and It's Good for You. I can't remember the specific recipes though.

pamperedbecky said:
I made them at a New Consultant Training and they were pretty good. The pork tenderloin in the DCB is still my favorite!! The ribs could have been more tender and definitely didn't fall off the bone (I don't know if they ever would when cooked this way):eek: but they're great for FAST yummy food. I plan to make them this weekend while we watch the Bears game.

Actually, the ribs I made last night WERE falling off the bone. YUM!

Debi said:
Actually, the ribs I made last night WERE falling off the bone. YUM!

Hmmm, maybe they were cooked too long. It says to check the temp, but it's hard to stick the thermometer in a "meaty" part of one rib. Maybe they were over-cooked or maybe they just weren't very meaty ribs. Maybe I'll just have to spend some time perfecting the recipe! :rolleyes: Hmmmm..... YUM!

I also made this recipe but used beef tips instead. They were great..

I kept forgetting to share the outcome of the recipes we tried...
My favorite was the Tex Mex Chicken Skillet from the 29 minutes to dinner CB. It is yummy and was easily made in under 30 minutes. Downfalls to demoing it are that you have to put the corn in the skillet then take it out. Put the chicken in the skillet then take it out. Then put the rice/broth etc in and dump in the chick and corn on top when done.
Well, my obvious solution was to make the chicken in the DCB while the corn is in the skillet. It cuts the time down even more and now your selling the DCB and cookware. I also throw in the Salad & Berry Spinner. They tell you to drain the corn and pat it dry on paper towels. I just drain it a little then throw in the Spinner. I'm not going to sit there at a show and sell paper towels :yuck:.

We also made the skillet lasagna. It was ok, but it looks nothing like the picture when it's done. At least I can't get it to look like that. It was pretty simple but nothing that made me say I want to make that again.

I tried the Creamy Spinach Ravioli and even my kids ate it up. It was simple, but the frozen creamy spinach in low fat sauce was hard to find!

I forgot to say that I cut back drastically on the salsa verde in the Tex Mex Chicken Skillet. It would be way too hot for my kids with the full amout. I'm afraid that guests at shows would think so too.

I discovered this show while I was sick this summer and have been hooked ever since. It evidentually has been on for several years because there are oodles of episodes on. I tape them all and then i always have something to watch when network tv lets me down. Some of the before and afters are so dramatic. I've also gotten several clothes and make up tips from the show.

They need to come and hit my DD's school. Workout gear is one thing but a LOT of mom's wear pajama's to take their kids to school!ACK!!!

I love them.....

I like some of the show, but sometimes they put the ladies in clothes that show too much skin for my sensibilities. My dh makes fun of me about that.

I haven't watched it lately, but one day I did watch 4-5, must have been a marathon. I agree with most of their suggestions :)

Stacy and Clinton are like my BFF. I am so fashionally challenged, however, but I love them.

On Thanksgiving, for at least the last 3 years they have had the WNTW: Don't Dress Like a Turkey Marathon. It's like an all day extravaganza. Enjoy -- Stacy in a pilgrim dress and Clinton in a turkey suit is not to be missed!

I love this show! Me & DD will watch on a weekend. Stacey & Clinton just crack me up!
I just don't like that they put a jacket with every outfit ,why????!!!

I love the show but not for what most folks love it for. I tend to keep away of the mainstream when it comes to fashion so this reminds me why! LOL... I'm sorry, I like some of what they suggest but a lot of it is just... so off. Pointy shoes... we used to call those elf shoes, not happening on my feet. Kitten heels... has anyone TRIED to walk in these? I'd rather have 4" heels than to try and balance on kitten heels... I do like that they suggest clothing that fits the individual versus making the body fit the clothing. So all sizes and shapes of folks can gain in that department. Last Saturday when my friend was dressing for a Girls Night Out we threatened to call the show and have her put on. She could use the $5k shopping spree, not to mention the trip to NYC... as it was we made her wear a shirt she called 'matronly' however much we disagreed and told her we'd turn her whining into a drinking game if she didn't watch it. LOL..

I love that show, watched it one night and have been hooked ever since...i do agree with some of their suggestions but some of them are just weird! lol

My hubby and I wish we were clinton and stacy. Drinks, popcorn and what not to wear make for a fun friday night :)

Happy Chef said:
Has anyone made this either at home or for a show yet?

Made these for dinner last night using beef short ribs ~ really yummy, kids even enjoyed them. There was alot more fat than I expected so spent alot of time trimming the fat from them. Is there another type of beef rib or meat that would work with this recipe? I only like pork ribs in the Chinese restaurant. :)

I have made these MANY times now both at home and at shows. It is an awesome recipe and shows a lot of products. I have one host that has had me demo them at 2 different shows (and she makes a second set of them after the demo). She says they make them frequently at home and ordered 2 more bottles of the seasoning and the boning knife this time.

I use baby back ribs. It's a WOW thing when I take that membrane off and I haven't had any issues with fat on them. They have them on sale frequently at our local stores so I stock up then.

I love that barbecue sauce too! It's the only sauce we eat now.

Another great recipe: Use the morrocan rub on lamb (or pork, chicken)! YUM! My DH has been tired of seasoning on everything lately but I put that rub on some lamb the other night and he raved about it. I have made the morrocan lamb in the Cooking for 2 or More book and we liked it but it was a bit spicy. When we came out with the morrocan rub I used it along with the honey sauce in the recipe and it was better but this time without that sauce was best.

bethcooks4u said:
I use baby back ribs. It's a WOW thing when I take that membrane off and I haven't had any issues with fat on them.

I didn't touch the membrane - Is this easy to do? I never use that boning knife.

What other meats would you do in micro in baker?

its_me_susan said:
I didn't touch the membrane - Is this easy to do? I never use that boning knife.

What other meats would you do in micro in baker?

It is easy to do with the boning knife and is a WOW factor at a show.

Just get the blade under a corner of the membrane and WITH A PAPER TOWEL (that's key) pull the membrane off the bone. It is not hard and it's an "ewwww... we have been eating that" moment.

Other meats? Any! Chicken, beef roast, pork tenderloin, and vegies, casseroles, beans....

Related to Is Removing the Membrane from Ribs as Easy as They Say?

What are the top 5 fashion mistakes people make that "What Not to Wear" helps to fix?

Some of the most common fashion mistakes that "What Not to Wear" helps to correct include wearing clothes that are too big or too small, not dressing for your body type, neglecting to accessorize, wearing outdated or ill-fitting clothing, and not putting effort into your appearance.

Who are the hosts of "What Not to Wear" and what are their backgrounds in fashion?

The hosts of "What Not to Wear" are Stacy London and Clinton Kelly. Stacy has over 20 years of experience in the fashion industry and has worked as a stylist for magazines, celebrities, and television shows. Clinton has a background in fashion journalism and has written for various publications such as Marie Claire and Mademoiselle.

How do I apply to be a participant on "What Not to Wear"?

To apply to be on the show, you can visit the TLC website and fill out an application form. You will need to provide information about your fashion struggles and a video showcasing your style. The show's producers will review all applications and choose participants based on their stories and fashion needs.

What happens to the participants' wardrobe on "What Not to Wear"?

During the show, the participants' entire wardrobe is thrown out and replaced with a new wardrobe chosen by Stacy and Clinton. The participants also receive a $5,000 budget to shop for new clothes, shoes, and accessories. The old clothing is either donated or sold at a charity event.

How can I watch "What Not to Wear" if I missed an episode?

If you missed an episode of "What Not to Wear," you can catch up by watching reruns on TLC or by purchasing episodes on platforms like Amazon Prime or iTunes. You can also watch full episodes on the TLC website or through the TLC Go app with a cable provider login.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janezapchef
Replies
Views
twinchefs
  • BethCooks4U
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies