• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Processing Credit Cards Automated or Done by Actual People?

In summary, credit card processing involves several steps including the verification of customer information with their bank. The time it takes for a transaction to be processed can vary, but usually takes 1-3 business days. There are fees associated with credit card processing, which may vary depending on factors such as the type of credit card and the merchant's business. Multiple security measures are in place to protect customer information during the processing of credit card transactions. Canceling or refunding a transaction is possible, but may take some time depending on the credit card issuer and the merchant's bank.
smilesarepriceless
Gold Member
UGH!! anyone ever made a mistake and realized it 30 seconds after you hit submit!
DUH!!!

Anywho--does anyone know if the credit cards which customers pay with are processed by an actual person..Or if once they are submitted to HO through PPP, is it done automatically via a computer program or something..

Someone last minute wanted to send me a check...and I still had their cc number in and forgot to make that change...

Was praying that if i call at 7am that HO can help me...

my heart is beating so fast just thinking about this screw up!

HMMM...not sure if they can change it. Maybe you better let her know you processed it on the credit card and HO may not be able to change it. That way she won't have a fit if it "bounces".

I think once the order goes through nothing - including payment - can be changed. I would call the customer ASAP to make sure there is money there to cover it so she doesn't have any fees and so your show isn't put on hold.

HO is not allowing payment changes once the show is submitted.

It is all automated. No changes can be made. UNLESS for some reason a card is declined and the show is on hold. Then you can make changes.

1. What is the process of credit card processing?

The process of credit card processing involves several steps. First, the customer presents their credit card information to the merchant. The merchant then submits this information to their credit card processor, who verifies the information with the customer's bank. If the verification is successful, the transaction is approved and the funds are transferred from the customer's bank to the merchant's account.

2. How long does it take for a credit card transaction to be processed?

The time it takes for a credit card transaction to be processed can vary, but typically it takes 1-3 business days. This may be longer for international transactions or if there are any issues with the verification process.

3. Are there any fees associated with credit card processing?

Yes, there are usually fees associated with credit card processing. These fees are typically charged by the credit card processor and may include a percentage of the transaction amount or a flat fee per transaction. The exact fees may vary depending on the type of credit card, the merchant's business, and the credit card processor.

4. What are the security measures in place for credit card processing?

Credit card processing is highly secure and involves multiple layers of security measures. These may include encryption of data, fraud detection systems, and compliance with industry standards such as PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard). Merchants are also required to adhere to strict security protocols to protect customer information.

5. Can a credit card transaction be cancelled or refunded?

Yes, a credit card transaction can be cancelled or refunded. If a customer wishes to cancel a transaction, they should contact the merchant as soon as possible. If a refund is requested, the merchant can initiate the refund process through their credit card processor. The funds will then be returned to the customer's account, although the time it takes for the refund to be processed may vary depending on the credit card issuer and the merchant's bank.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefBeckyD
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
magentablue
  • pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Finances
Replies
Views
Fluffy215
  • cincychef