• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is New York City Being Hit by a Tornado?

It is crazy here! It is supposed to be in the 100's today and tomorrow, but it is weird weather. By Thursday our temps are suppossed to drop to just barely 70 with rain!
letscook04
Gold Member
Just watching the news and see the NYC is having a tornado.

Thinking about you Ginger and all consultants living around that area!

My friend just emailed me from her building lobby, since her apartment is on the top floor and she doesn't want to be there during a tornado watch. She said it was a "watch" though, I'll have to check and see if they had one!

Thank God it was cancelled! NYC is not prepared for any tornadoes!!
Strange weather lately!

That is good to hear of no tornadoes. However, in SW FL, we are keeping an eye on the tropics. It's that time of year!

What IS going on with the weather patterns lately. I feel like we got jipped out of having a summer.

DessertDivaFL said:
That is good to hear of no tornadoes. However, in SW FL, we are keeping an eye on the tropics. It's that time of year!

Yes we are! I told the kids that even though they're returning back to school, they might not be going next week!

chefkristin said:
What IS going on with the weather patterns lately. I feel like we got jipped out of having a summer.

I feel the same way!!! It seems like the last few weeks are Fall weather. August is usually the HOTTEST month here and has been FREEZING!!! I have had to put the sandals back and get out the socks and shoes and I haven't worn any capris or shorts in about 2-3 weeks and at night, OHMYOHMY...COLD!!!!
It is ridiculous.

It does seem like Fall is making an early debut! I've been walking Payton to Safety Town in the mornings and I have to bundle Christopher up! I think it will be snowing befor Haley will let me put the flip flops away! Hers have sequins on them and she calls them her "cha cha shoes"!

all I can say is- I am on the West Coast Washington State---Everyone here is melting due to the HEAT---ha--its 75 in NJ---I found our summer weather-had to travel pretty far for it---but here it is-----Have a gr8 weekend--

MORFIA said:
all I can say is- I am on the West Coast Washington State---Everyone here is melting due to the HEAT---ha--its 75 in NJ---I found our summer weather-had to travel pretty far for it---but here it is-----

Have a gr8 weekend--

Where are you Morfia? Yes, it is blazing here in Washington! It is suppossed to be in the 100's here in Spokane today and tomorrow, but it is weird weather. By Thursday our temps are suppossed to drop to just barely 70 with rain! Whatever!:rolleyes::confused:

The nights have been cool here in NY! Hello it is August!!!

I know Colleen - hello - I am like freezing! LOL!! Heater is cranked in the pool because the kids say it too cold!!

What should I do during a tornado?

During a tornado, it is important to seek shelter immediately. If you are indoors, go to a basement or an interior room without windows. If you are outdoors, find a low-lying area and cover your head with your hands. Avoid seeking shelter in a mobile home or vehicle.

How long do tornadoes typically last?

The average duration of a tornado is about 10 minutes, but they can range from a few seconds to over an hour. It is important to stay in shelter until the storm has passed and it is safe to come out.

What are the signs of a tornado?

Some common signs of a tornado include a dark, greenish sky, large hail, a rotating wall cloud, and a loud roaring sound. However, tornadoes can also occur without any visible indications, so it is important to pay attention to weather alerts and take shelter if necessary.

Is it safe to go outside after a tornado warning has ended?

No, it is not safe to go outside immediately after a tornado warning has ended. It is important to wait for an official "all clear" announcement from local authorities before leaving your shelter. There may still be dangerous debris or downed power lines in the area.

What should I do if my home is damaged by a tornado?

If your home is damaged by a tornado, it is important to stay away from any downed power lines and contact emergency services if necessary. Take photos of the damage for insurance purposes and follow any safety precautions given by local authorities. If your home is no longer safe to stay in, find temporary shelter with friends, family, or at a designated shelter location.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefLisa
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedharriet
Replies
Views
erinyourpclady
  • tiffanypc05
  • General Chat
Replies