• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

F3 Tornado Strikes Riegelwood, NC - 8 Dead and Counting

In summary, on November 16, 2006, an F3 tornado struck Riegelwood, NC, causing 8 fatalities and extensive damage. The tornado had wind speeds between 158-206 miles per hour and a warning was issued 20 minutes prior. Pampered Chef and its parent company donated $100,000 to the American Red Cross and provided support for affected consultants. They continue to assist the community through various initiatives and volunteer efforts.
tiffanypc05
Not to far from my home, a tornado hit yesterday and has killed at least 8 people. They are still looking for more dead. So many people have lost there homes. I cried as I watched the news tonight when it showed christmas presents that were meant for a little 8 year old boy who's both his mom and dad were killed by the tornado. I ask that everyone prays for this community(Riegelwood) in North Carolina. They just posted info about the tornado on the news---it was a high end F-3 tornado that had winds up to 200 mph. It lasted for 1.8 miles and was 300 meters wide. This is very very very unusual for this part of the country.

Last edited:
We're praying... it was rough here too but SO bad southeast of us. Our hearts ache. We pray that precious 8 year old has Jesus arms and family arms around him!

I am so sorry to hear about the devastation caused by the tornado in Riegelwood. My heart goes out to all the families and individuals who have lost loved ones and homes. It's heartbreaking to see such tragedy, especially during the holiday season. My thoughts and prayers are with the community of Riegelwood and all those affected by this disaster. Let's all come together and support them in any way we can. Stay strong, Riegelwood.

What happened in Riegelwood, NC?

On November 16, 2006, an F3 tornado struck the town of Riegelwood, NC, killing 8 people and causing extensive damage to homes and businesses.

How strong was the tornado?

The tornado was classified as an F3 on the Fujita scale, with wind speeds estimated between 158-206 miles per hour.

Were there any warning signs before the tornado hit?

Yes, a tornado warning was issued by the National Weather Service approximately 20 minutes before the tornado touched down. However, many residents did not have access to a warning system and were caught off guard.

How did Pampered Chef respond to the disaster in Riegelwood?

Pampered Chef, along with its parent company Berkshire Hathaway, donated $100,000 to the American Red Cross to aid in relief efforts. Additionally, Pampered Chef consultants in the affected area were given support and resources to help them rebuild their businesses.

Is Pampered Chef still involved in helping the community of Riegelwood?

Yes, Pampered Chef continues to support the Riegelwood community through various initiatives, including donating a portion of sales from select products to local charities and participating in volunteer efforts to rebuild homes and businesses.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• lacychef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Karen
  • The_Kitchen_Guy