• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is My Skimmer Defective?: Investigating a Small Hole

In summary, there were multiple individuals who received their skimmers and noticed a small hole in the middle. Some individuals checked their skimmers and also noticed the same hole, while others did not. It was suggested to contact HO about the issue, as it may be a defect in the production process. It was also mentioned that selling Pampered Chef products on online auction sites is against company policy.
Jennie4PC
I just recieved my skimmer and it has a small hole in the middle is it supposed to have it there? or is mine defective?

Mine was the same way so I sent it back -- they replaced it with another with the same exact hole. I guess that's how they're made.

i had to look but mine has one too.

Jennie4PC said:
I just recieved my skimmer and it has a small hole in the middle is it supposed to have it there? or is mine defective?

Nope, I don't think it should have a hole.
I would call HO.
Schel

I just looked and mine is mesh all throughout... no hole in the middle.

mine has a hole in the middle too.

does that mean that mine is defective? :)

I haven't looked at mine.

But I'm such a smart-alec that I almost posted that "It's MESH! There are supposed to be holes!" Aren't you proud that I restrained myself?

Not to open up a can of worms or anything... but did yall notice, there is a skimmer listed on E-Bay? Also lots of the new pizza cutters and other items which are new and not abailable yet? :grumpy: :mad:
Schel

No hole in mine (well other then the ones in the mesh :p ). Get them adjusted! The picture in the catalog does not show a hole either.

its a very small hole, just a tad bit bigger than the mesh hole and it is right in the middle.

schel said:
Not to open up a can of worms or anything... but did yall notice, there is a skimmer listed on E-Bay? Also lots of the new pizza cutters and other items which are new and not abailable yet? :grumpy: :mad:
Schel

I looked up the other items that person is selling and it's as though she bought a sample package and is selling the stuff she doesn't want. :mad:

Isn't this against PC rules/regulations?

Leigh0725 said:
I looked up the other items that person is selling and it's as though she bought a sample package and is selling the stuff she doesn't want. :mad:

Isn't this against PC rules/regulations?

I heard somewhere that if you a DS consultant of any kind it is "illegal" to sell any of your products on online auctions. Whether or not that is true I don't know but I am sure it is probably against PC rules

It is definitely against PC policy.

You may not sell any Pampered Chef® products — current or discontinued — through online auction houses (like eBay.com) or on any Web site other than your Pampered Chef®Personal Web Site.

I just got this off of the PC website

Report them to HO.

My skimmer has a hole in it also...but, since I keep it in my kit, I didn't bother doing an adjustment.

Mine has a hole in it too. I just got mine today and noticed it. It's not big, it's just slightly bigger than the rest of the holes.

I didn't notice this on mine when I opened it, but I just had to check it out since I saw this thread, and YES, mine has a tiny "hole" in the middle, too.

It's like when your tennis racquet strings are out of alignment and you have to pull them with your fingertips to get back in alignment, right? I tried doing that with my fingernails (what little I have) and there is no "hole" anymore. Maybe there is a tiny little "poker" that holds the mesh screen in place when the plastic is being molded around it in the factory, and that's how it happens. It doesn't really look like a defect to me, more like a mesh space that is more open than the others.

I would definitely mention it to HO, though, since there could be more quality efforts by the manufacturer to make sure that "hole" is not there before the items are shipped to our customers!

cathyskitchen said:
I didn't notice this on mine when I opened it, but I just had to check it out since I saw this thread, and YES, mine has a tiny "hole" in the middle, too.It's like when your tennis racquet strings are out of alignment and you have to pull them with your fingertips to get back in alignment, right? I tried doing that with my fingernails (what little I have) and there is no "hole" anymore. Maybe there is a tiny little "poker" that holds the mesh screen in place when the plastic is being molded around it in the factory, and that's how it happens. It doesn't really look like a defect to me, more like a mesh space that is more open than the others. I would definitely mention it to HO, though, since there could be more quality efforts by the manufacturer to make sure that "hole" is not there before the items are shipped to our customers!
EXACTLY!!! That is the PERFECT description!!

Related to Is My Skimmer Defective?: Investigating a Small Hole

1. What should I do if I notice a small hole in my skimmer?

If you notice a small hole in your skimmer, the first step is to stop using it immediately. Continuing to use a defective skimmer can cause further damage and potentially lead to safety hazards.

2. How do I determine if my skimmer is defective?

The best way to determine if your skimmer is defective is to inspect it closely. Look for any visible damage or cracks, and also check for any unusual noises or vibrations when in use. If you are unsure, it is always best to err on the side of caution and contact our customer service team for assistance.

3. Can I still use my skimmer if there is a small hole in it?

No, it is not safe to continue using a skimmer with a small hole. The hole can compromise the integrity of the skimmer and potentially cause it to break or malfunction. It is important to replace a defective skimmer to ensure the safety of yourself and others.

4. How long should a skimmer last before needing to be replaced?

The lifespan of a skimmer can vary depending on usage and maintenance. However, on average, a skimmer should last for several years before needing to be replaced. If you notice any signs of damage or malfunction, it is best to replace the skimmer as soon as possible.

5. Is there a warranty for defective skimmers?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a limited lifetime warranty for all of our products, including skimmers. If your skimmer is found to be defective due to materials or workmanship, we will replace it free of charge. Please reach out to our customer service team for more information on our warranty process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
raebates
  • khergatt
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci