• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Does Pampered Chef Have a Colander That Would Work for Rinsing Quinoa?

In summary, Pampered Chef offers a stainless steel mesh colander that is perfect for rinsing quinoa. It has a fine mesh design and a generous size of 5.5 quarts, making it suitable for rinsing large batches of quinoa or any other grains. The colander is versatile and can be used for various tasks such as straining pasta and washing fruits and vegetables. It is also dishwasher safe and has special features such as two handles for a secure grip and a pedestal base for efficient draining.
teeanne77
I have a host that want to pick a product that she can rinse the quinoa in and the Stainless Steel colanders have to large of a mesh. Would the 7" strainer work? Or maybe the skimmer?

I use my strainer to rinse quinoa all the time. I use the large one, but if you are doing a smaller amount, the smaller would work well too. I do about 2 cups at a time, and just hold it under the faucet and move it around with a spatula to rinse it.

The skimmer is too fine of a mesh, I think. The 7" should be perfect. Its mesh size is in between the stainless colander & skimmer. I just checked

I know nothing about quinoa, but as has been discussed before, go for the 7" strainer. You can always use the larger one for smaller jobs, but you can't always use the smaller one for larger jobs... I bought my strainer right before they added the 5" one and saw no need to purchase the smaller one. JMO.

Hi there! Thank you for reaching out about your host's dilemma. The 7" strainer would definitely work for rinsing quinoa. It has a fine mesh that will prevent any of the small grains from slipping through. Another option to consider is the Salad and Berry Spinner. It has a removable colander with a fine mesh that would also work great for rinsing quinoa. I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any other questions. Happy cooking!

1. What type of colander does Pampered Chef have for rinsing quinoa?

Pampered Chef offers a stainless steel mesh colander that is perfect for rinsing quinoa. It has a fine mesh design that prevents small grains from escaping and is durable enough for daily use.

2. Is the Pampered Chef colander large enough for rinsing large batches of quinoa?

Yes, the Pampered Chef colander has a generous size of 5.5 quarts, making it suitable for rinsing large batches of quinoa or any other grains.

3. Can I use the Pampered Chef colander for other tasks besides rinsing quinoa?

Absolutely! The Pampered Chef colander is versatile and can be used for rinsing various types of grains, straining pasta, washing fruits and vegetables, and even draining canned foods.

4. Is the Pampered Chef colander dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Pampered Chef colander is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. It is also made with rust-resistant stainless steel, ensuring long-lasting use.

5. Does the Pampered Chef colander have any special features for easier use?

Yes, the Pampered Chef colander has two handles on either side for a secure grip and stability while rinsing. It also has a pedestal base that keeps it elevated from the sink, allowing for efficient draining.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• reneeg18
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • JaimeQ
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies