• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Worth It to Have a Pms....

In summary, this thread provides ideas for a cooking show themed around PMS. Some ideas include chocolate, being cranky, and sampling Midol as a door prize. There are also ideas for a stop, drop and roll activity, featuring Santuko daggers, and a knife block. All of the ideas are funny and well-executed. I think this would make a great show to offer to hosts as a recurring theme.
chefann
Gold Member
Show!In the tradition of spoof threads, I thought this would be a good topic.Has anyone done a PMS-themed cooking show?Here are my ideas:
- chocolate, chocolate, chocolate
- be a little cranky with the guests, a la Ed Debevic's
- everybody wears comfy PJ's and slippers
- some fun adult beverage
- sample-sized Midol as a door prize
- you have permission to spend as much as you want as shopping therapyYour ideas?

Consider this my RSVP
Let me know when and where and hopefully our cycles are in alignment!!!

What would you do if men attended?

We'd make them cater to our every need. They'd be in charge of refilling glasses and actually assembling the recipe while we told them what to do.

Maybe foot rubs, too?

ooh- good idea!

chefann said:
We'd make them cater to our every need. They'd be in charge of refilling glasses and actually assembling the recipe while we told them what to do.

Do you think if we tell them what to do in a not-so-nice way, that they will accept their duty with graciousness (sp?)? This is a special party just for us, right?

Last edited:
We could make them wear togas and feed us grapes...

I looooove this. Really love it.
Chocolate chocolate and something salty, too please :)

Oooh -- idea for an activity...
the PMS stop, drop and roll... Make chocolate covered pretzels.... use the microcooker to melt the chocolate, issue everyone a pretzel rod, and then dip away and roll into toppings -- sprinkles, nuts, graham crackers, shaved white chocolate ....:)

Of course, if we billl it as a PMS show, the chances of any men being there is slim to none. ;)

yummybytes said:
I looooove this. Really love it.
Chocolate chocolate and something salty, too please :)

Oooh -- idea for an activity...
the PMS stop, drop and roll... Make chocolate covered pretzels.... use the microcooker to melt the chocolate, issue everyone a pretzel rod, and then dip away and roll into toppings -- sprinkles, nuts, graham crackers, shaved white chocolate ....:)
Ooh! Perfect!

Chocolate covered caramel corn is really good, too. Make caramel corn following the recipe that's been posted here (make in advance). Melt chocolate in the Micro Cooker and drizzle it over the caramel corn.

You can also do chocolate covered potato chips. Yum!

This sounds like a great show idea.

cmdtrgd said:
Maybe foot rubs, too?

Note to self.....Those giving foot rubs should NOT handle food prep :eek:

Ann....your thread title cracked me up!

be sure to have the microfiber towels on hand for the unexplained crying spells (or am I the only one?)

amy07 said:
be sure to have the microfiber towels on hand for the unexplained crying spells (or am I the only one?)

You are definitely NOT the only one :eek:

I think there should be a food chopper for every person there to take out frustrations that happen!

These ideas are so good that I think I may have to start offering this theme for repeat hosts!

love this, y'all are too funny.

And I seriously doubt any men would attend, just send them out to the grocery store for a box of tampax and they'll skeedadle pretty darn quick! ;)

PMS InviteOkay here is an invite I am sure I p/u on here from someone - I did a quick edit on it. This is just to get the ball rolling, I am sure there are more creative people out there that can make it tons better.;)

Attachments

• PMSPartyFlyer[1].doc
    144 KB · Views: 353
That is a fantastic flyer. Great job.

Great flier and great theme!

How about featuring Santuko daggers - er, I mean knives. We could have a picture of some really obnoxious person (it isn't always men, either!) and we could practice throwing them (not the person, but the knives!). Or each person could bring a picture of that special person who accuses them of throwing daggers with their eyes and they can practice with the real thing :D

This makes me wish we sold this item:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/zoom/the_ex.jpg

I love that knife block!

Great job on the invite, Juliann.

I couldn't stop laughing as I was reading this thread - there are some great ideas! :)

Now this is a theme show I could get into.

Jenn, where did you find that knife block? It's hysterical!

For those of us getting into those advance years you may want to have small fans for getting hot flashes.

Also extra cheese graters to grate the chocolate right into your mouth!

Ann R.

love the flyer and knife block!

Ann R.

You know what's funny?

Ann, you started this as a "spoof" thread....but we have all taken it seriously....I'm thinking of sending out a special email to my list to offer this show!

I realized that, too, Becky, about 4 replies in. This ended up as such a fun idea!

chefann said:
I realized that, too, Becky, about 4 replies in. This ended up as such a fun idea!

You are so smart!

I can see this taking off with a bit of a cult following. I can't see it chosen as one of the officially sanctioned theme shows, though.

raebates said:
I can't see it chosen as one of the officially sanctioned theme shows, though.
Oh, goodness, no. For one thing, it's a little silly, and the trend seems to be for the official stuff (materials, theme shows, etc.) to be more professional. But it sure would be fun for the "been there, done that" crowds.

raebates said:
I can see this taking off with a bit of a cult following. I can't see it chosen as one of the officially sanctioned theme shows, though.

So no postcards from HO?:D

No, but we could probably do a really funny one at Vista Print!

While I am very pleased with the professional stuff from HO, the goofy stuff from here really fits my style much better.

You're shocked. I can tell. You never suspected that about me at all.

raebates said:
While I am very pleased with the professional stuff from HO, the goofy stuff from here really fits my style much better.

<sarcasm>You, goofy? NEVER!</sarcasm>

raebates said:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
My image of you will never recover!;) :p

I know. I hide it well.

raebates said:

That would take all of the fun out of it. This show would be for very special crowds. I'd never consider it with a group I didn't know, but I sure could imagine it with one of those groups you never seem to move on from. I had one of those kinds of groups back 20 years ago when I sold something that starts with a T. You can only say so much about T, you know. Well, those shows quickly moved into Wine & Cheese parties. Like once a month. They were a blast. And those nice gals always found more T to buy so I'd keep coming back...

Sorry - I digressed ...

LOVE the knife block, btw!

MomToEli said:
That would take all of the fun out of it. This show would be for very special crowds. I'd never consider it with a group I didn't know, but I sure could imagine it with one of those groups you never seem to move on from. I had one of those kinds of groups back 20 years ago when I sold something that starts with a T. You can only say so much about T, you know. Well, those shows quickly moved into Wine & Cheese parties. Like once a month. They were a blast. And those nice gals always found more T to buy so I'd keep coming back...

Sorry - I digressed ...

LOVE the knife block, btw!

Good point Sandy! I have one group of ladies - so much fun, and they have (between them) several shows a year. They all go camping at the beach together during the summer, and this summer they have booked a "beach party" for me to come and do. I was thinking this would be perfect for them! Or for any of those other past hosts who think they've seen it all!

Other fun product tips that fit this theme (some are repeated from earlier posts just to get them into one place):
  • Use the Deluxe Cheese Grater to grate chocolate straight into your mouth. No chewing required!
  • Food Chopper to get out frustrations.
  • Same with the Meat Tenderizer.
  • Use a piece of warm stoneware to help get rid of cramps. Wrap a warm stone in a towel and set on your belly as you lay on the couch watching chick flicks.
  • Microfiber Towel absorbs more tears per square inch than tissues.
Your tips?

Meat lifters can be an effective tool for keeping family members at bay when you want to eat all of the chocolate yourself.

I'm going to put together a Purple PMS Party in a bag. Included will be: host packet (of course), chocolate bars, purple plates, cups, napkins, small bottle of midol. I thought I would also put in a sample invitation with a list attached for her to write down guests names and addresses and mail back to me. A sample menu to choose from also.

What do you think?

Sounds great!

Thanks. Thanks for the idea/thread that started it all!!

I think it would be nice to have the Ultimate Mandolin available, along with plenty of chilled cucumbers, so guests could slice off a couple of eye covers to sooth those under eye bags that tend to annoy during that time.

The Mix & Mash could be used to mix up an avacado facial mask. Don't forget the Quick Stir Pitcher for the sangria ... that goes really well with chocolate, for the person who doesn't care for beer much.

Can we call the men who dare to brave the room Cabana Boys? Oh, Cabana Boy ...

Related to Is It Worth It to Have a Pms....

1. What is a PMS-themed cooking show?

A PMS-themed cooking show is a fun and lighthearted cooking demonstration that incorporates humor and references to premenstrual syndrome (PMS). It's a unique twist on a traditional cooking show that is sure to make everyone laugh and have a good time.

2. What types of dishes are typically featured in a PMS-themed cooking show?

PMS-themed cooking shows often feature comfort foods and indulgent dishes, such as chocolate desserts, cheesy casseroles, and rich pasta dishes. These dishes are meant to satisfy cravings and provide a sense of comfort during PMS.

3. Do I have to be experiencing PMS to attend a PMS-themed cooking show?

No, you do not have to be experiencing PMS to attend a PMS-themed cooking show. The show is meant to be a fun and entertaining experience for all, regardless of whether or not you are currently experiencing PMS.

4. Are there any special activities or giveaways at a PMS-themed cooking show?

Yes, PMS-themed cooking shows often have fun activities and giveaways related to PMS. This can include door prizes like sample-sized Midol or other PMS relief products, as well as interactive games or challenges that incorporate PMS-related themes.

5. Is it worth it to have a PMS-themed cooking show?

Absolutely! A PMS-themed cooking show is a unique and enjoyable experience for both the host and the guests. It's a great way to add some fun and humor to a traditional cooking demonstration and provide a fun night out for friends or family. Plus, who doesn't love indulging in comfort foods and laughing about PMS?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jules711
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
Jules711
  • chefamanda
  • Sell Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
stephaniekocala
  • BethCooks4U