• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Worth Cancelling My Show? Tips for Dealing with Low Attendance and Sales

In summary, the host has a show tomorrow night and only has 3 people coming. The host is considering cancelling the show because there may not be enough people there. However, the host might be able to still have a great show if she rounds up orders from those who can't come and she encourages those who are coming to bring a friend or two.
braveslady
Hi all..

I'm hoping for quick help!! I have a show tomorrow night, and the host (as of a few days ago) said she only has 3 people coming. I'm sorry, but that seems to be a waste of everyone's time - not to mention it won't be much fun and the 3 will feel obligated to buy something. Who knows, she may not even get enough in sales to qualify as a show! The area she lives in tends to not have much disposible income, so my show averages there are on the low side. I hate to sound so negative, but how do I tell her all this without sounding rude or like a b!#ch?? Thanks in advance!

I would still do it. You never know what may happen. Sometimes recruits come from the small parties because you have more individual time to spend. I got two recruits from a party that barely qualified once.

It is up to you. I have had awesome shows with just 3-4 people. Also, this might be an incentive for your host to get on the phone and get more people there. You can also turn it into an express show where you bring the recipe already made and cook it at the host's house. I do this for closing catalog shows - but that's another thread. Anyhoo, the Chocolate Pecan Lattice Tart is a great one for this - it is fast and easy and cheap and travels well when uncooked. Another idea would be to try to recruit the host and have this as her first show. HTH

braveslady said:
Hi all..

I'm hoping for quick help!! I have a show tomorrow night, and the host (as of a few days ago) said she only has 3 people coming. I'm sorry, but that seems to be a waste of everyone's time - not to mention it won't be much fun and the 3 will feel obligated to buy something. Who knows, she may not even get enough in sales to qualify as a show! The area she lives in tends to not have much disposible income, so my show averages there are on the low side. I hate to sound so negative, but how do I tell her all this without sounding rude or like a b!#ch?? Thanks in advance!
I assume you've been coaching her about getting outside orders, right? If not, definitely let her know that her show total can be lots higher if she rounds up orders from those who can't come. To be honest, I've had some low-attendance shows like that and they've turned out to be great! Paired with the host working to get outside orders, it may not turn out to be a bad show!!! I wouldn't judge it just from her low-attendance. She still has time to round up orders. Have her encourage those that ARE coming to bring a friend or two and give them a little gift. Or encourage those people to bring in orders. I've had some really fun low shows and there's a lot to be said about connecting with people a little easier because it's a small group. I've had it happen where everyone there books a show! Or you may get a recruit lead out of it. I'd say go for it, but really coach your host to get outside orders so it's more worth your time. Good luck and let us know how it goes!!

Oh and definitely make sure she confirms these people are coming. If she's thinking "I think about three people are coming" that doesn't sound very for sure to me. And have her do reminder calls today to those she hasn't heard from too. It may round up some more people! The only way I'd consider cancelling a show like this myself, it would be for shows that are an hour away. Hope that helps. Good luck!:D

yesterdays show had 2 co-hosts & had 1 guest each in attendance. Sales are over $400 (we started 45 minutes late waiting on 1 of the guests BIG thorn in my side to wait that long but the other guest was my son's girlfriends mom and I knew the co-hosts every well so we all just chatted.) the late guest bought open stock cookware & booked a show!!
Teresa

I do these anyway because I can't count how many times hosts say they have three people and end up with 10!! Ask the hostess to call everyone who hasn't declined and ask them to bring a friend. I think some hosts are unsure and everything turns out fine but other hosts are serious and there won't be anyone there. I like to take my chances and then really push outside orders!

My Saturday brunch had 3 guests....got 3 bookings (needed them!!)...and sales are about $300,,,,and I had a blast, very fun people to talk to. I don't cancel small shows....some of my best shows have been small. They are more personal...I get more bookings and recruits from small shows.

Really encourage the outside orders :)

More people book at small shows than at larger ones (got to feel more comfortable with consultant? felt more obligated to help or sorry for the host?...) so in the long run it may well be worth your effort. Also, hosts with small attendance tend to work harder on outside orders after the show because they feel guilty.

Sometimes the smaller shows are better, depends on how the hosts does her job especially with outside orders. I do agree that you should have her make reminder calls to help boost attendence, invite a friend and perhaps get some outside orders.

Go ahead and do it. I figure that it's good practice, if nothing else. And, I, too, have had great shows with only a few people in attendance.

In my own opinion, if you cancel, it will send the message that you only care about the large shows. You should treat each show as if is equally important. That way the host will feel as if you care about her earning the free stuff and not you worried about getting a big paycheck.

Sorry if that sounds harsh.

~

Looking forwardHi again all..

Thank you all for your quick replies! I read everything you said, and am going to go ahead with the show. I have had lots of shows with just 3-4 people there (went in with the impression 8-10 were coming) and they are definitely more personal. This is the first time I have had a host tell me she knows only 3-4 are coming.

whiteyteresa, you have such a good point - I don't want the hostess to feel that way at all. Hopefully I will at least get a booking or 2, and a recruit lead! I'll let you know how it goes!

GeorgiaPeach said:
My Saturday brunch had 3 guests....got 3 bookings (needed them!!)...and sales are about $300,,,,and I had a blast, very fun people to talk to. I don't cancel small shows....some of my best shows have been small. They are more personal...I get more bookings and recruits from small shows.

Really encourage the outside orders :)

Me too! A couple of Saturdays ago, I had a show with three guests & all three booked! The host is also a recruit lead & she asked for info for her sister. So small shows can be worth it too! I actually like having around 6 people at a show more than I like having 10 or more. Usually at my shows, the more people there, the more noise & less people place an order & the orders are smaller. But that's just been my experience at my shows--probably not the norm!

Sometimes too many people and too many distractions are a problem and you never really know how many are really listening to you. One of my big shows had so much noise that I thought for sure it would be a low show and it ended up just the opposite--go figure. Those that really wanted to buy did.

I do prefer cozier shows of 6-10 more though.

I'd do it! I had a show like that and 7 people showed up and it was an $800 show!

We will all be waiting to hear how the show goes tomorrow night. Good luck and I hope your host has lots of outside orders for you!

My 1st show this year had 6 people and was at $200 when I left. 4 of the guests booked shows and the host got $300 in outside orders after the show. I was excited.

That's awesome Anne! Way to go!!!!!!!

Soooo -how'd it go?

My show on Sunday had 6 guests...the host got over $350 in outside orders and the show ended at over $800 in sales!!! Plus I got a booking with the Host's mom who LOVES stoneware - I think her show will be a great one too!!

I have a show tomorrow night that is about almost 2 hours from me (near my family) and she only has about 8 people coming. It is suppose to snow tonight and tomorrow and so we are waiting till tomorrow to decide if we need to cancel or not. I want to have the show--DOUBLE POINTS!! Even if it is only $200 or so that would be 400 points. I want to end up with 10,000 or more points this month.

Winnipegk said:
My show on Sunday had 6 guests...the host got over $350 in outside orders and the show ended at over $800 in sales!!! Plus I got a booking with the Host's mom who LOVES stoneware - I think her show will be a great one too!!

That's wonderful!!!!!!!1:)

Okay.. she had 2 guests actually show (one was the past hostess, the other was a former guest). She closed out this morning at $153. It was a January show, so no double points (host wanted cookware 60% off, and the former guest wanted the free chef tool, so I couldn't date it Feb). The one plus is all 3 are interested in the opportunity at some point, but none has the money to start right now (as I mentioned, this is a lower income area they live in). Maybe in a month or so one will sign. I hope!

Sounds like you're glad you did the show. Hope everything works out with those recruits!

I have done PLENTY of shows with only 3 or 4 guest there and they all have turned out fine. You never know what they may spend or what outside orders the host may take up.

I do not have a show minimun b/c I do not want my host to think I am offending them by telling them if they cannot get a certain amount of people to show then I will do it.

I don't cancel shows either. I had a Host call Friday (we had a bad snowstorm) and say she had 3 to maybe 5 people coming. Even driving there, the roads were bad and I prepared for the worst. She ended up having over 14 guests, 16 orders and hit over $800! She was surprised!! Turned out other things were "Cancelled" so they all came to her Pampered Chef party! We (both me & the Host) were thrilled and even joked "not bad for 3 people coming!" Her husband even commented on the large turnout. So, I would always encourage a Host to keep a show on! Love the surprises!!
Joanne

ChefinHarmony said:
I don't cancel shows either. I had a Host call Friday (we had a bad snowstorm) and say she had 3 to maybe 5 people coming. Even driving there, the roads were bad and I prepared for the worst. She ended up having over 14 guests, 16 orders and hit over $800! She was surprised!! Turned out other things were "Cancelled" so they all came to her Pampered Chef party! We (both me & the Host) were thrilled and even joked "not bad for 3 people coming!" Her husband even commented on the large turnout. So, I would always encourage a Host to keep a show on! Love the surprises!!

Joanne

My only concern Joanne is that if the weather is so bad for you traveling I'd hate for you to get into an accident. Other than that if it was local to get a crowd like that great.

Hopefully she has some outside orders and as with any show......you still have time to leave it open for her to get more outside orders. Also, one of my smallest shows (3 people) ended up getting 3 bookings! It seems like a waste but may not be. I kind of liked that one show with 3 people....I got through my show and was gone in no time....walking away with 3 shows and orders! Also, my last cooking show had 5 people and the girl signed up that night! I know it's hard to think that something good could come out of 3 people...but you never know....or you don't know who they may know that could use the opportunity! OR EVEN SOME PRODUCT :)

Related to Is It Worth Cancelling My Show? Tips for Dealing with Low Attendance and Sales

1. What should I do if no one shows up to my Pampered Chef party?

It can be discouraging when you put in the effort to host a Pampered Chef party and no one shows up. However, don't panic! The first thing you should do is reach out to your consultant and let them know about the low attendance. They may have suggestions or strategies to help boost attendance. Additionally, consider inviting a few close friends or family members to join you for the party. They may be able to help spread the word and increase attendance.

2. Is it worth cancelling my show if I have low attendance and sales?

While it may be tempting to cancel your Pampered Chef show if attendance and sales are low, it's important to remember that every party is an opportunity to share amazing products and potentially earn rewards. Instead of cancelling, try to focus on the guests who did show up and make the most of their time. You never know, those guests may become your most loyal customers!

3. How can I still make the most of my Pampered Chef party with low attendance and sales?

If your party isn't going as well as you had hoped, it's important to stay positive and make the most of the situation. Consider offering special discounts or incentives for guests who do make a purchase. You can also use this as an opportunity to connect with your guests and get their feedback on the products and your party presentation. This can help you improve for future parties.

4. Should I reschedule my Pampered Chef party if attendance is low?

Before making the decision to reschedule your party, consider the reasons why attendance may be low. Is it due to scheduling conflicts or lack of interest? If it's a scheduling issue, then rescheduling may be a good idea. However, if it's due to lack of interest, it may be better to focus on making the most of the guests who did show up.

5. How can I prevent low attendance and sales at my Pampered Chef parties?

There are a few things you can do to help prevent low attendance and sales at your Pampered Chef parties. First, make sure to send out invitations well in advance and follow up with guests a few days before the party. Additionally, consider offering a special incentive or discount for guests who RSVP and attend the party. Finally, focus on creating a fun and engaging atmosphere at your party to keep guests interested and excited about the products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefPaulaB
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • sherri lynn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • esavvymom