• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is it unethical?

Oct 11, 2008
To count a holiday fair as a cooking show if I made cookies before the fair and brought them there? I told them I made the cookies with the press but didn't actually make them there. I spent about $15 on the ingredients and then passed them out as free samples. I don't want to do anything unethical. I sold $300 and was going to put it under my name. It's the difference between $25 of free stuff or $40.

PamperedchefDaly

Gold Member
Jul 22, 2008
You cooked. You showed. Ergo, it's a cooking show.

Seriously, you spent money on ingredients and went to the effort to produce a product to be consumed, so you should be able to count it as a show. A catalog show does not involve purchasing ingredients to be prepared, that's why the FPV is $15 less.

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
I usually make food for my shows ahead of time and take it.

One thing I want to caution you about. In many states it is a violation of health codes to make something in a private, home kitchen and distribute it to the public at something like an expo or fair. You might want to check on the rules in your state.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jacquelyn Scheel
Replies
Views
s.cape
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views