1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Is it unethical?

1. sunnygirl in nd

sunnygirl in nd Member

To count a holiday fair as a cooking show if I made cookies before the fair and brought them there? I told them I made the cookies with the press but didn't actually make them there. I spent about $15 on the ingredients and then passed them out as free samples. I don't want to do anything unethical. I sold $300 and was going to put it under my name. It's the difference between $25 of free stuff or $40.

2. PamperedchefDaly

PamperedchefDaly Member Gold Member

You cooked. You showed. Ergo, it's a cooking show.

Seriously, you spent money on ingredients and went to the effort to produce a product to be consumed, so you should be able to count it as a show. A catalog show does not involve purchasing ingredients to be prepared, that's why the FPV is $15 less.

3. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I usually make food for my shows ahead of time and take it.

One thing I want to caution you about. In many states it is a violation of health codes to make something in a private, home kitchen and distribute it to the public at something like an expo or fair. You might want to check on the rules in your state.

Nov 7, 2009
Have something to add?