• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is it safe to use a mixer in a collapsible bowl?

In summary, the conversation revolved around using a collapsible bowl for mixing and whether it would damage the bowl. The speaker had tried to ask the Home Office for clarification but received no response, leading to frustration. Ultimately, all parties agreed that the collapsible bowl was not suitable for mixing and should only be used as a serving bowl due to its lack of sturdiness.
twinkie10
Gold Member
I sent Home Office an email over a week ago, but they've never emailed back, so I'm coming to you all.

I have a customer that wanted to know if it would be okay to use a mixer in the bowl. Will it hurt the bowl? I have the bowl, but didn't know what to tell her other than I would ask the Home Office and you see where that took me:cry: Nowhere! I'm hoping one of these days they'll let me know.

Thanks!

You know, I just don't think I would use that particular bowl for mixing. I would want a mixing bowl to have a flat, sturdy surface on the bottom and sides - and the collapsible bowl doesn't. It's not a mixing bowl, it's a serving bowl.

ChefBeckyD said:
You know, I just don't think I would use that particular bowl for mixing. I would want a mixing bowl to have a flat, sturdy surface on the bottom and sides - and the collapsible bowl doesn't. It's not a mixing bowl, it's a serving bowl.

I agree....I don't see why you would want to use a mixer in it! :confused:

It's not a mixing bowl, it's a serving bowl. I would say NO!:D

Ginger428 said:
I agree....I don't see why you would want to use a mixer in it! :confused:
My guess would be that she is trying to multi task with it... since we promote that with so many of our products I guess I'm not surprised at the question... but I wouldn't use a mixer in it either I don't think.

I agree, I think that using a mixer in the collapsible bowl may possibly damage it and as Becky said, you want your mixing bowl to be sturdy. I definately wouldn't use it for mixing.

Related to Is it safe to use a mixer in a collapsible bowl?

1. What is the material of the Collapsible Bowl and Mixing set?

The Collapsible Bowl and Mixing set is made of durable and food-safe silicone material, which is BPA-free and heat-resistant up to 400°F.

2. How many bowls are included in the set?

The set includes three different sizes of bowls - a 1.5 quart, 3 quart, and 5 quart bowl - making it perfect for various cooking and baking needs.

3. Are the bowls microwave and dishwasher safe?

Yes, the Collapsible Bowl and Mixing set is microwave and dishwasher safe, making it convenient and easy to use for cooking and cleaning up afterwards.

4. Can the bowls collapse for easy storage?

Yes, the collapsible feature of these bowls makes them easy to store in cabinets or drawers, saving valuable space in the kitchen.

5. What is the purpose of the non-slip base on the bowls?

The non-slip base on the bowls ensures stability while mixing or whisking ingredients, preventing them from sliding or tipping over on the countertop.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• schel
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jdavis
  • BethCooks4U
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • pamperedlinda