• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Me? or Is Celebrity Apprentice Awful!

In summary, the 500th show will be a brunch show and the host will donate 50% of their commission to the family that lost their home in a fire.
DebPC
Staff member
My opinion is it just doesn't work. Gene Simmons was interesting for awhile but then he went wacko on the last episode and was voted off. I won't be tuning in again.

yeah I saw a bit of the first couple episodes and thought it was terrible. Trump needs to move on and stop milking this cow. It's going dry!

travelgirl said:
My opinion is it just doesn't work. Gene Simmons was interesting for awhile but then he went wacko on the last episode and was voted off. I won't be tuning in again.

Gene Simmons IS whacko.... JMHO....

Admin Greg said:
yeah I saw a bit of the first couple episodes and thought it was terrible. Trump needs to move on and stop milking this cow. It's going dry!

Trump might be a little whacko too.... again JMHO...

What's up with Amarosa being a celebrity? Uh....didn't she already have her 15 minutes of fame?

Yea I have to admit - not much celebrity there (when you don't know who half the people are) and Trump is so full of himself - it's not even funny!

gene got fired???????????????????? that sucks!

what's the point of this show for celebrities anyways? what do they "win"? I haven't watched it, nor do I watch the regular seasons. just wondering?

heat123 said:
what's the point of this show for celebrities anyways? what do they "win"? I haven't watched it, nor do I watch the regular seasons. just wondering?

I'm pretty sure it is somehow for charity. I haven't watched Apprentice in a long time.

I couldn't even stand the previews so I haven't watched it. I used to like the apprentice back when they had smart people that I thought were qualified to do something. Now it's all about drama and the contestants are dumb as rocks. The contests got really bad too, now they have nothing do to with creativity or actually running businesses. Oh well, trump is too annoying anyway.

500th show ideasmy 500th show will be in February and it isn't booked yet! What I want to do is entice people to be the 500th Host....any suggestions as to an incentive I can give to get them to take that leap?????

You can use your percentage to "up" the host discount (on either the host special or the benefits %).
Maybe offer extra recipe(s) and/or a special drawing for a lucky guest.
Maybe play up the sweetheart theme and declare her a Pampered Chef Sweetheart Host (okay, that's corny...but depending on the personality....)

not all of the above of course...jsut some ideas!

I know another director who gives away a piece of cookware at each of her 100 shows (100th, 200th, etc.) and is planning on giving away a set at her 1000th show. You could do something like that, too. Or, a pampering theme. Your 500th host gets a $75 gift certificate to a spa.

cmdtrgd said:
I know another director who gives away a piece of cookware at each of her 100 shows (100th, 200th, etc.) and is planning on giving away a set at her 1000th show. You could do something like that, too. Or, a pampering theme. Your 500th host gets a $75 gift certificate to a spa.

oooohhhh I like the gift certificate idea! I think I would do a $25 one to our local nail salon.......gonna send the email now. I'll let you know the response I get!

The results are in.....and you are all not going to believe what has happened! I met a lady at my BIG show on Sunday...she was a hoot! She mentioned she would like to host a show sometime, so I emailed her and several others about the idea of the 500th show......well, she emails me today and tells me that she knows someone who is very deserving right now. A friends house caught on fire, they lost everything, including the family pet, and are living in an efficiency apartment right now. THis lady fromt he show will donate the use of her home and have the friend be the hose so that she can get as much PC in her life as possible! I told her GO FOR IT! I would even donate 50% OF MY COMMISSION FROM THE SHOW to the family! We have about 5 of us in on this now inviting people from all over the area to come and have fun with this family since they are so down. It is going to be such a great time! And the best part for me business wise is that the show is on Feb 9th )a brunch show) and it can be submitted for DOUBLE POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!

When am I going to figure out that God has a plan and just needs me to carry it out???!!!!

one BIG question-is there a way for me to do nthis as a fundraiser so that PC will give $$ also??? How would it work with a family rather than a church or organization?

chefmeg said:
and you are all not going to believe what has happened! I met a lady at my BIG show on Sunday...she was a hoot! She mentioned she would like to host a show sometime, so I emailed her and several others about the idea of the 500th show......well, she emails me today and tells me that she knows someone who is very deserving right now. A friends house caught on fire, they lost everything, including the family pet, and are living in an efficiency apartment right now. THis lady fromt he show will donate the use of her home and have the friend be the hose so that she can get as much PC in her life as possible! I told her GO FOR IT! I would even donate 50% OF MY COMMISSION FROM THE SHOW to the family! We have about 5 of us in on this now inviting people from all over the area to come and have fun with this family since they are so down. It is going to be such a great time! And the best part for me business wise is that the show is on Feb 9th )a brunch show) and it can be submitted for DOUBLE POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!

When am I going to figure out that God has a plan and just needs me to carry it out???!!!!

one BIG question-is there a way for me to do nthis as a fundraiser so that PC will give $$ also??? How would it work with a family rather than a church or organization?
They would have to have a bank account open for donations to be given to help them and I think it has to have an official name like "Smith family fire relief fund" or something like that. Often especially in a small town someone will open an account for people to send donations to help a family like this or one who lost a parent or a child with cancer...

Edit: The family probably needs to replace their kitchen tools anyway so it would help them either way - you could do it like a shower. "Come buy something from the Essential Kitchen list for the family and for yourself as well and the family will get to choose more free products for their kitchen."

I would suggest doing it as a cooking show so you get more commission (and this can donate more) and they also get products for their kitchen from the free product value.

cmdtrgd said:
I would suggest doing it as a cooking show so you get more commission (and this can donate more) and they also get products for their kitchen from the free product value.

Yep, I plan to treat it like a Bridal Show-gonna let her pick from the Essential Kitchen list and have folks either buy for her, buy for themselves or both! I intend to promote it, however, as a fundraiser to stock her kitchen so that everyone invited knows that it is all about her getting products. I talked to the lady that suggested this to begin with and both of us are so excited, we can hardly stand it! I just want this lady to have fun....can you imagine how down & out she feels right now? She needs a good time and my 500th show will provide it for her!

sometimes it just all happens in a way you know it was meant to be :)

Praise the Lord!:angel:

update: 88 names and addresses were sent to me for this show! I know that not everyone will come, or even RSVP, but can you imagine if even half decide to help this lady out??? What an awesome amount of stuff she is going to get!

I have decided to do a raffle for some Stoneware (stuff I already have in the basement) as well as a drawing every 10 minutes for a set of Quickcut Pairing Knives. I am going to do the 30 minute micro chicken and use it to make the Harvest Chicken Salad! The $ from the raffle will go to the family and I am donating $10 for every dated booking we get!
I am SO excited about this show!

I don't want to count my chickens.....but......the potential for my business from this show has me FREAKED!

Related to Is It Me? or Is Celebrity Apprentice Awful!

1. Is Celebrity Apprentice scripted?

Yes, Celebrity Apprentice is a reality television show, which means that there is a certain level of scripting and editing involved to create a cohesive storyline. However, the tasks and challenges given to the contestants are real and unscripted.

2. Do the celebrities get paid for appearing on Celebrity Apprentice?

Yes, the celebrities do get paid for their appearances on the show. The amount they receive varies, but it is reported to be a significant sum. They also have the opportunity to win additional money for their chosen charities through the tasks and challenges.

3. How are the contestants chosen for Celebrity Apprentice?

The contestants are chosen by the producers of the show. They often select a mix of well-known celebrities from various industries, including actors, athletes, musicians, and reality TV stars. The chosen celebrities are typically known for their strong personalities and competitive nature.

4. Are the boardroom scenes on Celebrity Apprentice real?

The boardroom scenes on Celebrity Apprentice are partially real and partially scripted. The contestants are given some direction from the producers on what to say and do, but the decisions and eliminations are ultimately made by the host, Donald Trump.

5. Do the celebrities actually do the tasks on Celebrity Apprentice?

Yes, the celebrities do actually participate in the tasks on Celebrity Apprentice. They are given a set of rules and guidelines to follow, and they are responsible for completing the tasks to the best of their abilities. However, they may receive some assistance or guidance from outside sources, such as experts or advisors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pcchefjane
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies