• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Drop-Off Pampering the Secret to Business Success?

In summary, Jessica starts pampering her business every Monday by bringing in a trifle to her doctor's office. Today, she brought in the trifle bowl and spoon to the receptionist's area and got 5 people lined up to try it. She also left a catalog and some order forms. Unfortunately, no orders came in, but she is still optimistic about the future.
Jessamary
I'm so excited! I started pampering a business last week - every Monday, I decided. Well, I didn't get any orders last week, but I got a show, which is great. Today, I dropped off the Stars and Stripes Trifle at my doctor's office. Wow! What a response! I brought in the bag with everything and the trifle base to the three receptionists. When I came back in with the trifle, there were another 5 people in the receptionist's area waiting for me. They said they read my letter about what to do, and when I left, one of the nurses was parading the trifle around to the doctors and nurses.

Here's hoping they order a lot! Two of the receptionists were just in awe of the trifle bowl.

Just had to share!

That's great!! I hope you get a lot of business from it.

Awesome!!
I reallly want to try this!
Will you be picking up the bowl and the orders together?
Can't wait to hear about the results...

Wow, that's great. You know, I keep saying I'm going to pamper a business and haven't yet, so my new goal is to get into the habit of doing just like you and do one a week. Thanks for the new inspiration!

Good luck Jessica and keep us posted on how it went overall!

Well, it's a mixed bag.

I went to pick up everything. The trifle bowl and spoon were cleaned. They said the trifle was gone before noon. But, no orders. :( My husband asked if they just didn't get the point of the whole thing.

I was told, however, that a lot of the nurses didn't get a chance to see a catalog because it was Monday, and Mondays are very busy. So I left a catalog and OOF there.

However, I feel like it was a step in the right direction. I'm getting my name out there. I'm taking risks. Maybe I need to tweak my letter or something.

This is not a deterrant, though. I still plan on pampering my bank next Monday.

You need to give the nurses some time - they WILL order! My mom is a nurse, and she constantly has big catalog shows for me. All she has to do is bring in the catalog and some order forms, leave them at the desk with a "deadline" date written on them, and by the end of the week, she has orders with payment!!

I "pampered" them all one day with some dessert items b/c they've all been such great customers, and they LOVED that. I wish I had the time to do that now - I guess I'll just have to pamper my own office! ;)

Good luck and keep it up - you'll hit gold soon, I'm sure of it!! :)

Sounds like a great start. I have been wanting to do this myself but not sure how to start. What did your letter say? I dropped catalogs off at my hair salon for people to look at while they are waiting, now I am thinking that maybe I should take in a snack for the gals that work there to maybe give them incentive to get some orders. 2 of the gals have already said they will have a show but no date yet.:(

Someone else posted a couple of weeks ago about using the treat at the END of the time when you have left the order forms and cattys...hold on, lemme get the letter she posted! (Sorry, OP, I can't remember who you were right now!! OH! Your name is still on the letter I saved! You rock!)

Dear local business owner,

My name is Nicki Herrell and I am a new Pampered Chef consultant in your area. I wanted to let you know that I am offering a wonderful FREE service in your area!

Let me Pamper Your Business!
It’s as easy as 1 - 2 - 3!

1. Call me! We’ll pick a date to start your catalog show.

2. Show your Catalog! You’ll decide how long you’d like your show to last. You can pick between 7, 10 and 14 days.

3. Eat! On the final date of your show I will come in to pick up your orders and bring a delicious desert for you, your co-workers and your guests to enjoy!

That’s it! You will earn free and half-priced items from the sales of your show. You can either designate a host to receive those benefits or you can split them up among your co-workers so that everyone benefits!

This is a free service to you. Pampered Chef catalog shows do not include food for your office. I am supplying that myself as an extra thank you for your assistance in getting my business started.

If you are interested please call to schedule your Pampering today!

Thanks for the letter Kelly! It sounds just like what I need! I'm going to give this a try!

deffinately give them more time. i pampered my bank last week with the intention of going back in 2-3 days. well, long story short, i just got their orders today. however, one of the ladies passed a catty to her mom who works in an insurance agency. her mom was able to qualify as my second show with the orders she gathered. so keep trying but be prepared to give them more time if they need/ want it. i'm doing my orthodontist's office this week i'm hopeful that the ladies there will get me either my 3rd show or some bookigs. good luck to you and don't get discouraged!

If you take it to the post office (for example), do you just give the letter to a worker in person, and explain it, or do you mail it? Do you think it has to be addressed to the owner of the business? Will a regular worker/employee take up the initiative to call or do they ask their employer? I'm trying to figure out how I want to do something like this. I love all the great ideas! :)

bump,,,

Jessica, any more news - did you follow up and get any more orders?

Anyone else have success at this?

I just found another thread on Pampering a Business.... am looking there.

Jessica, I would still like to hear how things are going with the businesses you have done.

Just think if you did a business a week. Even if there is a lag time in getting orders, you could possibly build it to a show a week just from Pampering Businesses.

Well, I plan on pampering either the bank or the library tomorrow...probably the bank.

My last day at work was Sunday, and I've been playing Susie Homemaker for a day or two. Time to get back into the swing of things tomorrow! I make the stars and stripes trifle because it's easy, quick, and pretty low-fat (esp. the way I make it...low fat cool-whip, fat free yogurt, sugar free pudding mix).

So, everyone keep their fingers crossed for me that the bank wants to order!

Jessamary: Do you just make a dessert and walk into a business and see if anyone places an order or leave and come back later to collect things? I am confused. I asked about this at my bank and they said no they don't allow other businesses to come in, she said if she did they would have to open to Mary Kay and AVON too! My library said they were not permitted to take orders on site etc... It was against county policy! I want to do this in my area but I feel that I keep running into obstacles/barriers not sure what to do.

I feel like I live in conservative city!!

what is the Stars and Stripes Trifle?....just wondering.

cewcooks said:
Jessamary: Do you just make a dessert and walk into a business and see if anyone places an order or leave and come back later to collect things? I am confused. I asked about this at my bank and they said no they don't allow other businesses to come in, she said if she did they would have to open to Mary Kay and AVON too! My library said they were not permitted to take orders on site etc... It was against county policy! I want to do this in my area but I feel that I keep running into obstacles/barriers not sure what to do.

I feel like I live in conservative city!!

Keep trying,,,, remember the statistics --- that you need to get through some No's to get to the Yes. You can't expect every business to say yes but if you have basically 3 No's down you are that much closer to a yes.

Granted it is hard to take but keep trying.

Well, basically...

I just show up with food.

When someone comes through the door with a dessert for you, I bet you won't turn them away. :)

I bring in the food - in this case the trifle - with a gift bag. On the gift bag is a little letter I've written about being chosen to be the Pampered Business of the Week! There are instructions in the letter. Inside the bag are plates, utensils, 2 catalogs and an OOF that they are to make copies of.

I come back at the end of the day to pick up my dish (hopefully empty!) and any orders.

Does anyone want to see the letter?

edited to say: The Stars and Stripes Trifle is on pamperedchef.com, under recipes. It's tasty, low fat, and super easy. Plus, with the EAD, it looks professional!

Last edited:
KellyTheChef said:
Someone else posted a couple of weeks ago about using the treat at the END of the time when you have left the order forms and cattys.

So, at the end of the week, if you walked in with a trifle (or some other dessert) and they said they had no orders, would you leave with the food? I can't imagine showing up with food and then taking it away. I suppose the only solution would be to call first and see if they had any orders, but then you could get there and just have 1 order for $10.00. I'm not sure what the solution would be, I wouldn't want to disappoint anyone expecting dessert, and you never know if you left catalogs with your info if you might get a booking down the line.

EpTxGuy said:
So, at the end of the week, if you walked in with a trifle (or some other dessert) and they said they had no orders, would you leave with the food? I can't imagine showing up with food and then taking it away. I suppose the only solution would be to call first and see if they had any orders, but then you could get there and just have 1 order for $10.00. I'm not sure what the solution would be, I wouldn't want to disappoint anyone expecting dessert, and you never know if you left catalogs with your info if you might get a booking down the line.

I don't do mine this way. I show up, drop off the food and everything else and leave. I return at the end of the day to pick up the dishes and orders. If no one orders, then, well, I guess I think of it as advertising expenses. :chef:

Jessamary said:
Well, basically...

I just show up with food.

When someone comes through the door with a dessert for you, I bet you won't turn them away. :)

I bring in the food - in this case the trifle - with a gift bag. On the gift bag is a little letter I've written about being chosen to be the Pampered Business of the Week! There are instructions in the letter. Inside the bag are plates, utensils, 2 catalogs and an OOF that they are to make copies of.

I come back at the end of the day to pick up my dish (hopefully empty!) and any orders.

Does anyone want to see the letter?

edited to say: The Stars and Stripes Trifle is on pamperedchef.com, under recipes. It's tasty, low fat, and super easy. Plus, with the EAD, it looks professional!

I would like to see your letter. I'm getting ready to pamper businesses as soon as I can get all my materials together and figure out what I'm going to say...and work up the nerve to walk in and ask complete strangers if I can do this for them. Thanks for sharing!

I would love to see the letter you used with the dessert.

I've not done this yet, but some of my clustermates have and this is the format they use.

I will call a business and ask to speak with the office manager. I then tell them who I am and that their business has been chosen as the pampered biz of the week. I tell them I've made a delicious dessert for them and would like to bring it by, what would be a good time. (This way they are all prepared and waiting your delicious dessert and you've not caught anyone at a bad time or a busy time by just showing up) When I get there, the office manager will usually meet you since you talked to her on the phone, or they will say ask for so and so. When you hand off the dessert you then tell the person to whom you've given the dessert to that you've brought some paper goods for the dessert and some catalogs for ordering and you'll be back in a day or so (you come up with the day you want to come back) to pick up your dish and any orders. Also, tell her/him that they will act as the host and any free product that is earned will go to them. When you go back to pick up your dessert ask them if they liked it. And tell them (word of mouth) other recipes you can make in the same dish. Then maybe give them a recipe card for that dessert (just type it on a piece of paper and let them make copies for everyone) This would be a good time also to ask if anyone would like to have a show. And if they say no, then ask would they keep you in mind and leave your business card or mini catalog or something small they can keep at their desk. And then collect orders, if any. Be sure to thank them for letting you pamper their business.

Now, I just thought of a way to keep the pampering going on. You could have the office orders shipped to you (I don't think it costs any more $ to do this) and then you show up with boxes full of merchandise and then make a big deal of the FREE product the contact person earned. Considering how many times you "pamper a business" this would not be that much extra time taken away. And it's another opportunity to "see" the people. Maybe at that time someone will want to host a show as they've had a few weeks to think about. Just taking that extra step can really make a difference.

At my Executive Dinner at conference, my executive director, Terry Newberry said the difference between 211 degrees and 212 degrees is one point. That one point is the difference between hot and boiling. That one point is the difference between being good and being great (see this youtube video: YouTube - 212 degrees - The Extra Degree )

Like I said, I've not done this yet (it's not in my budget right now), but I know it works!

cookingwith_tara said:
When you hand off the dessert you then tell the person to whom you've given the dessert to that you've brought some paper goods for the dessert and some catalogs for ordering and you'll be back in a day or so (you come up with the day you want to come back) to pick up your dish and any orders. Also, tell her/him that they will act as the host and any free product that is earned will go to them. When you go back to pick up your dessert ask them if they liked it. And tell them (word of mouth) other recipes you can make in the same dish. Then maybe give them a recipe card for that dessert (just type it on a piece of paper and let them make copies for everyone) This would be a good time also to ask if anyone would like to have a show. And if they say no, then ask would they keep you in mind and leave your business card or mini catalog or something small they can keep at their desk. And then collect orders, if any. Be sure to thank them for letting you pamper their business.

Now, I just thought of a way to keep the pampering going on. You could have the office orders shipped to you (I don't think it costs any more $ to do this) and then you show up with boxes full of merchandise and then make a big deal of the FREE product the contact person earned. Considering how many times you "pamper a business" this would not be that much extra time taken away. And it's another opportunity to "see" the people. Maybe at that time someone will want to host a show as they've had a few weeks to think about. Just taking that extra step can really make a difference.

At my Executive Dinner at conference, my executive director, Terry Newberry said the difference between 211 degrees and 212 degrees is one point. That one point is the difference between hot and boiling. That one point is the difference between being good and being great (see this youtube video: YouTube - 212 degrees - The Extra Degree )

Like I said, I've not done this yet (it's not in my budget right now), but I know it works!

Would you be nervous to leave your PC products behind? I wonder if just giving them that one day is enough. If they want a couple days, that's great. But I'd be nervous about what might happen to my products I left there. What does everyone else think?

Well, you have to keep in mind that first they are a business. They offer services to people just like we offer services. I guess I"m just trusting them that they would treat me how they would want to be treated. Plus, you're giving them a service they didn't even ask for, so because of that they may do their best to take care of it.

Careful - you're not a caterer. I can only say that b/c for the first year of my business, I was more about the food than the product. Once I "got it", my show average went from 240 to 565.

The benefit to having the dessert at the end, is you don't spend money on a group who doesn't support you buy ordering.

I sent the following letters out on Monday; will be calling the businesses Thursday to inquire. I send to 6 I don't know and 1 I do know each week; have only done it twice - didn't call back the first week folks just waited for them to call but no one did.

Attached are my version of the same letter, plus an envelope I developed. Change info to yours and give it a shot!

Attachments

• Dear local business owner-gen.doc
    175.5 KB · Views: 428
  • envelope.doc
    74 KB · Views: 392
I like the idea of bringing in the food on the final day, then truthfully you are giving it to them as a thank you vs. providing them with food and getting no orders. I guess it works differently for everyone.

I'm not quite sure how to do this, but I'll give it a shot!

Edited to say: Hey look at that...it worked!

Attachments

• Pampered Business-oldword.doc
    27 KB · Views: 471
Well, I just dropped off at the bank. At first, people kind of looked at me weird. I did call beforehand to ask if it was okay, and was told to come on in...but I don't know who I talked to. Anyway, a lady I know there came out and just raved about what I had brought...she created a lot of excitement. The receptionist was also excited. I had to dish up those two right then and there. I put everything in a little alcove where they have a coffee pot and a sink, and laid out the catalogs, order forms, etc., as well as the plates and utensils. Before I left, the receptionist asked me if I had a catalog, and I gave her one. She was very happy to have it.

I did change the letter a little bit...I said I would pick up everything the next day, rather than at the end of the day. This gives people a little more time to look and decide.

Here's hoping I found the recipe for successful Pampering a Business. Get it? Recipe? Ay, Ay, Ay. I need to get out more often. :)

I really like this idea. I think this is the format I feel most comfortable with. Thanks for sharing.

I did happen to pamper my husband's PT clinic today. I made the warm nutty caramel brownies. They were Oohing and Aahing. Then they gradually asked me about the stoneware, then the recipe and recipe books, then the FC since that was used a lot to make the recipe. I also brought in (now this time ONLY because my husband works there and will be bringing it home tonight) the August host special items. One of his employees was checking out the new Santoku knife and really liked it. Another girl was excited to see the new grinder I had filled with the new salt. It was a hit. They were excited to see the catalog. I also printed off the Aug. host special and the discontinued products flyer. My DH told me one girl there already knows she wants to do a show, so I had a host packet ready and when the conversation went in that direction I asked her if she would like a host packet and she said yes! :)She also said her mom wants to do one with her coworkers. They might combine for one show, but I'm hoping that it'll turn into 2. We'll see. I'm just so excited to break out of my family and friends circle! Yay! :)

I just got a call from the bank! They want to extend their pampering until Monday, and oh, can I bring in some more catalogs. YOU BETCHA I CAN! :)

Apparantly, my trifle and paperwork were all moved to the main break area (which I have no idea where it is), and one of the catalogs is already missing.

I would have liked to close this tomorrow, but hey, I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. :)

That is wonderful, Jessica!!!! Love to hear success stories!!!! Now I just need to get myself moving on this!

Great stationary & letter, Scott!

Just read this whole thing, great tips. Thanks for sharing. Let us know what the final numbers are at the bank. GOOD FOR YOU!

UPDATE!!!

Holy cow! I went to pick up my stuff at the bank while my husband was home for lunch. The receptionist had everything in a bag behind her desk for me...my trifle bowl, spoon, and papers. She said she hadn't had a chance to look through yet, so I told her to give me a call later. Then, on my way out, the lady I know said she hadn't had a chance either, and she couldn't find a catalog. One of the tellers called her over and gave her a catalog and handed me two more orders. I said I would raffle off the hostess benefits to one of the people who gave orders, as long as the total was above $150.

"I don't think you'll have a problem with that," the teller said with a smile.

As I was leaving, the receptionist said to me, "See what happens when you bring us dessert?"

I got home and got the grand total. Are you ready for this?

Subtotal (products and pantry only) : $608

Can I get a WAHOO???!!! I have real shows that don't total this much!!

I am so excited!

Jessamary said:
UPDATE!!!

Holy cow! I went to pick up my stuff at the bank while my husband was home for lunch. The receptionist had everything in a bag behind her desk for me...my trifle bowl, spoon, and papers. She said she hadn't had a chance to look through yet, so I told her to give me a call later. Then, on my way out, the lady I know said she hadn't had a chance either, and she couldn't find a catalog. One of the tellers called her over and gave her a catalog and handed me two more orders. I said I would raffle off the hostess benefits to one of the people who gave orders, as long as the total was above $150.

"I don't think you'll have a problem with that," the teller said with a smile.

As I was leaving, the receptionist said to me, "See what happens when you bring us dessert?"

I got home and got the grand total. Are you ready for this?

Subtotal (products and pantry only) : $608

Can I get a WAHOO???!!! I have real shows that don't total this much!!

I am so excited!

That is so exciting!!! Makes me want to find out if my bank will allow me to pampere them!!! Thanks for the encouragement!!!

That is an awesome experience! Way to go!

Way to go!!!
I hope all your pampering goes this well!!

wahooooooo!!!!!

That was awesome with more sales to go!!!!!!!

Just started doing this too after reading all of the posts. I have not gotten a show out of it yet, but a did get a few $$ on sales. I just tacked the orders to an existing show. It was a fundraiser for ACS and they were thrilled to get the extra money.

I just Pampered my dentist office this morning. I felt very strange bringing bar cookies to a dental office, but they were thrilled.

I don't call ahead. I just drop things off. This is the letter I use when I drop of the goodies and paperwork. I print it on the Pampered Chef letter head. I also use a modified OOF that includes more instructions. I am really hoping this goes well for me. I want to keep my sales up.

Attachments

• Congratulations your Business has Pampered.doc
    297 KB · Views: 446
  • Pamperedbusines oof.doc
    301.5 KB · Views: 374
Thanks Wendy for your version of this letter when you drop off goodies and paperwork.

Keep us posted on how this worked out for you!

Well about 2 hours ago I got 2 calls from 2 different salons and 1 wants to be pampered tomorrow and the other on Wednesday so I hope it goes well and I am soooo happy!

This is so cool and encouraging!! So do you just give the host benefits to someone who orders or how does that part work?

WOW!!!!!

Congratulations on y'all's successes!

I'm inspired!

Jessamary, Great job! I guess I should get off my bum and try this. Pampering a business sounds fun. Hey, I have a business....anyone want to pamper me? Renee

When you believe in yourself, great things happen

Wonderful sales! I did this a few times a couple years ago; I think I'm going to try again!
Do you find people mind you just showing up? I'd be afraid of coming at a bad time, so I'd almost think it better to call ahead.

1. What is drop-off pampering?

Drop-off pampering is a sales strategy where a consultant or business owner drops off product samples or demonstrations to potential customers or clients without requiring them to attend an in-person event or party.

2. Is drop-off pampering an effective business strategy?

Many consultants and business owners have found drop-off pampering to be a successful way to reach a larger audience and increase sales. By providing samples or demonstrations directly to potential customers, they are able to experience the products in the comfort of their own home or workplace.

3. How can drop-off pampering lead to business success?

Drop-off pampering allows for a more personal and convenient experience for potential customers, which can lead to increased interest and sales. It also allows for a larger reach, as the products can be introduced to a wider audience through drop-offs at various locations.

4. How can I get started with drop-off pampering?

If you are interested in using drop-off pampering as a business strategy, you can start by reaching out to potential customers and offering to drop off product samples or demonstrations. You can also include information about your products and business in the drop-off package, along with instructions on how to place an order or book a party.

5. What types of products are suitable for drop-off pampering?

Drop-off pampering can be effective for a wide range of products, but it is especially popular for food and kitchen products, as they can easily be sampled and demonstrated in a drop-off format. However, other types of products such as beauty or home goods can also be successfully promoted through drop-off pampering.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pamperedva
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
Replies
Views
accooks13
  • CyndiWilliams
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies