• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Chicken Tortilla Casserole Best Made in the Microwave?

In summary, the chicken tortilla casserole requires boneless, skinless chicken breasts, black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, enchilada sauce, tortilla chips, shredded cheese, and optional toppings. To make it, cook the chicken and mix it with the other ingredients, layering them in a casserole dish and baking for 20-25 minutes. Other proteins can be used and the casserole can be made ahead of time, with the recipe serving about 6 people.
heat123
Silver Member
I just made this for a show friday and did it in the microwave. I did precook the chicken on the stove top but was wondering for the last 3-4 min after you assemble all the other stuff.... are the chips supposed to be crunchy raw like or should they have softened up at all?? It just seemed uncooked to me and I wasnt' sure?? I made it for the family in the oven version and it seemed cooked to me, not at all the same in the microwave???:confused:

I make mine in the microwave and the chips do soften up. It may be the moisture collecting and dropping on them, which doesn't happen as much in the oven so they chips stay more crispy in there. It's a personal preference, but I do like mine softer. ;)

I've started adding my chips and cheese at the very end and only nuke it for about 2 mins and they aren't quite as soft. This has been a HUGE hit at my shows - do it all in the microwave and follow up with the microwave cake!!!

Related to Is Chicken Tortilla Casserole Best Made in the Microwave?

1. What ingredients do I need for the chicken tortilla casserole?

The ingredients you will need for the chicken tortilla casserole are boneless, skinless chicken breasts, black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, enchilada sauce, tortilla chips, shredded cheese, and optional toppings such as avocado, sour cream, and cilantro.

2. How do I make the chicken tortilla casserole?

To make the chicken tortilla casserole, start by cooking the chicken in a skillet until it is fully cooked. Then, mix together the chicken with the black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, and enchilada sauce. Layer tortilla chips at the bottom of a casserole dish, followed by the chicken mixture and shredded cheese. Repeat the layers, ending with a layer of cheese on top. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.

3. Can I use a different type of protein instead of chicken?

Yes, you can use a different type of protein instead of chicken, such as ground beef or shredded pork. Just make sure to fully cook the protein before adding it to the casserole.

4. Can I make this casserole ahead of time?

Yes, you can make this casserole ahead of time. You can assemble the casserole and refrigerate it for up to 24 hours before baking. Or, you can bake the casserole and then reheat it in the oven before serving.

5. How many servings does this recipe make?

This recipe makes about 6 servings, but you can easily adjust the ingredients to make more or less depending on your needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • pkd09
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies