• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Camping in New York City Possible?

Slight hijack... Have you ever been to Harold's Deli in Edison? Harold used to Co-own the Carnegie. Best Pastrami in the world IMO.No I havent, I dont go to that part of Jersey much....End of HiJack!!;)
ChefLisa
My daughter and I are going camping in New York City in August! I am really looking foward to it!:)

Okay, not really camping. We are staying in a hostel. However, there will be 12 of us in six bunk beds. Also, the bathroom is down the hall. Now that is what I call camping!

Last edited:
I think you mean a hostel. Hostile is completely different. :)

Oh, I thought maybe you were going to see the Today show and wanted a good spot on the rail!

chefann said:
I think you mean a hostel. Hostile is completely different. :)

Thanks again! Changed, but the other may have been more appropriate. That is 12 girls/women in the room for four nights. It might get hostile!

Now the important question for all who have been to NYC. Where is the best place to get a bagel? Where is the best place to get a great corned beef sandwich.

pamperedlinda said:
Oh, I thought maybe you were going to see the Today show and wanted a good spot on the rail!

I love the Today show and would love to be on the rail.

The organizer got us tickets to Good Morning America. That should be a lot of fun!

ChefLisa said:
I love the Today show and would love to be on the rail.

The organizer got us tickets to Good Morning America. That should be a lot of fun!

Well, have fun anyway.

ChefLisa said:
Thanks again! Changed, but the other may have been more appropriate. That is 12 girls/women in the room for four nights. It might get hostile!

Now the important question for all who have been to NYC. Where is the best place to get a bagel? Where is the best place to get a great corned beef sandwich.

Depends on where in NYC you are staying. NYC is pretty big after all.

Geekgirl69 said:
Depends on where in NYC you are staying. NYC is pretty big after all.

891 Amsterdam Av at West 103rd

Ginger428 said:
I'll give you a few links & let you decide....also any of these delis will have awesome bagels as well!

Stage Deli Online Store | Home Page

Welcome to Carnegie Deli

I worked in Delis for many years & these seem the best...HTH

Thanks Ginger! I was very hopeful you would respond.

I am familiar with both of these delis and glad you recommended them. I have eaten at the Stage Deli in Las Vegas and it was so good! The corned beef literally melted in my mouth.

Many years ago Atlanta got a Stage Deli, but it did not last too long. For some reason it just was not that good.

Atlanta does not have any great delis for corned beef, but we do have a few good bagel shops.

Basically any bagel place in NYC will have great bagels! Also since you have been to NY delis you will also know what to expect! I worked at Wolfs Deli 57th & 6th (no longer there) Just let everyone know to expect alot of craziness & everyone will have a great time. If you need any other things let me know & if I can, I'll gladly help you....;)

Ginger428 said:
Basically any bagel place in NYC will have great bagels! Also since you have been to NY delis you will also know what to expect! I worked at Wolfs Deli 57th & 6th (no longer there) Just let everyone know to expect alot of craziness & everyone will have a great time. If you need any other things let me know & if I can, I'll gladly help you....;)

Thank you!

Ahhhhhhhhhh....bringing back memories...we had a sandwich(my favorite!) Corned Beef,Pastrami, Swiss Cheese, Cole Slaw & Russian Dressing!!:love:;)

Ginger428 said:
Ahhhhhhhhhh....bringing back memories...we had a sandwich(my favorite!) Corned Beef,Pastrami, Swiss Cheese, Cole Slaw & Russian Dressing!!:love:;)

Now I am just drooling!

Ginger428 said:

Slight hijack... Have you ever been to Harold's Deli in Edison? Harold used to Co-own the Carnegie. Best Pastrami in the world IMO.

No I havent, I dont go to that part of Jersey much....End of HiJack!!;)

Related to Is Camping in New York City Possible?

1. What are the best camping spots in New York City?

There are several options for camping in New York City, including Floyd Bennett Field, Fort Wadsworth, and Camp Gateway at Jacob Riis Park. Each offers unique amenities and experiences, so it's best to research and choose the one that best fits your needs.

2. Can I bring my own camping gear or do I have to rent it?

Most camping spots in New York City allow you to bring your own gear, but some may also offer rental options. It's important to check with the specific campground beforehand to see what their policies are and what amenities they provide.

3. Is it safe to camp in New York City?

While camping in any city may present some unique challenges, New York City has several designated camping areas that are considered safe and well-maintained. It's always a good idea to take necessary precautions and be aware of your surroundings, but overall, camping in NYC can be a safe and enjoyable experience.

4. How far in advance should I make reservations for camping in NYC?

It's recommended to make reservations for camping in New York City at least a few weeks in advance, especially during peak camping season (typically May-September). Some campgrounds may also require reservations several months in advance, so it's best to check with them directly.

5. Are there any restrictions on campfires or cooking during camping in NYC?

Many camping spots in NYC have designated fire pits and allow campfires, but it's always important to check with the campground beforehand and follow any safety regulations. As for cooking, most campgrounds allow camp stoves or grills, but open fires may be restricted in certain areas. Always practice safe fire management and clean up after cooking to avoid any potential hazards.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
chefmeg
  • jrstephens
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • MissChef
  • General Chat
Replies