• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Attending Conference Worth It?

In summary, consultants who attended the conference were 20 times more likely to become a Director, recruited 10 times as many people, generated 3 times as many bookings per show, and sold over 6 times in the Fall selling season. Attendees have reported significant increases in their business and it is considered a worthwhile investment. Some other benefits of attending include networking with other consultants, great training and motivation, and getting first access to new products and vendor items. There are also seminars on organization and balancing PC with a full-time job, as well as opportunities for self-care and relaxation. Overall, the conference is highly recommended by those who have attended in the past.
Kitchen2u
Oh heck yeah!

This may help you with your decision ~ just got this from my ED yesterday ~ always heard them but now I have it in writing!

Consultants who attended conference were...
~ 20 times more likely to become a Director
~ recruited 10 times as many people
~ generated 3 times as many bookings per show
~ sold over 6 times in the Fall selling season

Ginny

Great info! I can't wait to go!! :D

Oh, yeah! I'm there baby!

I was thinking by the title that you were needing convincing! LOL...conference is sooo worth it:D

Oh yeah, it's worth it! I've not done under $1000 a month since I went, when before I was lucky to hit $1200!

Oh yeah I am all over that one!! Went last year the best investment I have ever made for my business!!

I was actually thinking about not going unless I signed another person - Then last night I go to pick up my host's outside order and guess who wants to get a kit credit for her sho to help pay for her daughter's wedding and had a guest who wants to sign also - They have both RSVPd to go to our cluster meeting on Monday
I didn't get to go last year because my former employer said we couldn't take vacation until further notice and my have just passed the previous month.
This will be my first time

Kathytnt said:
I was actually thinking about not going unless I signed another person - Then last night I go to pick up my host's outside order and guess who wants to get a kit credit for her sho to help pay for her daughter's wedding and had a guest who wants to sign also - They have both RSVPd to go to our cluster meeting on Monday
I didn't get to go last year because my former employer said we couldn't take vacation until further notice and my have just passed the previous month.
This will be my first time

Have you gone to confernce before?

Oh yeah! Glad I took the plunge and bought a plane ticket!

I have never been before - Anniversary of my first show is this weekend

I went to conference before I even did a show.

I signed in June 05, but my first SS month was August. I live in Chicagoland, so I just commuted every day to Conference in 2005. In 2006, I wised up and got a hotel room. :)

Now almost 2 years later, I am going to SF thanks to PC, I am just about to promote, I am over $50k in career sales.....I suppose I'm a walking billboard for conference! LOL! :):)

Last edited:
WOW Deb that is awsome!!!

I want to go, just trying to arrange who to watch the kiddos.........but I'm also very scared/nervous with it being the first time and I'll probably be going solo........
I so want to promote by the end of the year, and I REALLY want that cruise!

Okay Ijsut bought my tickets!!!! Chicago here I come!!!

What can I expect at conference? I have heard about the HO tours, surprise boxes, a conference bag, get first peek at the new products, see the newest vendor items What am I missing??

Kathytnt said:
What am I missing??
Networking with other consultants. GREAT training and motivation. Announcements of new policies and programs. Recognition. Rowdiness...

Getting to meet wonderful us!

Great info/ideas at seminars.

Rowdiness - Wohoo Sign me up

I wish they would have a good seminar on organization

I know it pathetic but it will be the first time I have been away from my husband that long

Kathytnt said:
Rowdiness - Wohoo Sign me up

I wish they would have a good seminar on organization
They usually offer one about balancing PC with a FT job. That usually covers some organizational tips.

Kathytnt said:
I know it pathetic but it will be the first time I have been away from my husband that long
It will be the first time for me being with out my husband for a a long period of time.

Kathytnt said:

LOL! I can't wait to get there and get time AWAY!!! I live 45 minutes away and I'll be getting a hotel room for Sunday night! :)

Something about sleeping in a bed BY MYSELF and do what I want really excites me.

Wives and Mommies need to sharpen the saw, too! No guilt!

When I went in 2005 Franklin Covey did a good one on setting priorities and time management.

Oh yes, the Franklin Covey workshops were EXCELLENT! If you bought the planner and have the CD that comes with it, I'd suggest listening to it. It is FANTASTIC!

amy07 said:
I want to go, just trying to arrange who to watch the kiddos.........but I'm also very scared/nervous with it being the first time and I'll probably be going solo........
I so want to promote by the end of the year, and I REALLY want that cruise!
Amy~

Is anyone from your cluster going? If not...are there any consultants on here that may live close to you?

amy07 said:

You won't be alone - you'll be around a bunch of cheffers. Make sure you get your chef success pin and wear it while at conference so you can put faces to names and have people to hang out with.

Fortunately my hubby doesn't snore excpect when he is congested - WIll my cluster roomies be as quet??? HMMMM Hubby and I have only been married about a year and a half - We have only spent about 1 day apart since we got engaged. Which was two months after we met

Kathytnt said:
Fortunately my hubby doesn't snore excpect when he is congested - WIll my cluster roomies be as quet??? HMMMM Hubby and I have only been married about a year and a half - We have only spent about 1 day apart since we got engaged. Which was two months after we met

I have been married four months.... We were dating last summer when I went to confernce...but it was differnt if that makes sense...... But I look at it this way .... we will be so busy that we really won't have time to miss them.... I thought I would last year oh heavns was that a suprise!!

tlennhoff said:
You won't be alone - you'll be around a bunch of cheffers. Make sure you get your chef success pin and wear it while at conference so you can put faces to names and have people to hang out with.

I ordered my stuff..... and I can't wait to see everyone and put faces and names to people it's going to be a blast!!

Kathytnt said:

You will have SO much going on and new information to work with that the days will fly by. You will come home exhausted but your head will be BURSTING with ideas! :eek: The trick is to try to gather them, but impliment one at a time.

I signed in late March, went to conference the next July and I don't think I have missed one since. I have not been able to attend leadership but this next year it is closer to home so I think it will be a go. My job messes things up but I am going to take the plunge next Jan.

Last year I earned TPC for the first time, I will be going on my 3rd trip in May, I achieved directorship 2 years ago and want to keep growing!! Best investment you can make. Conference club helps me so much.

Kathytnt said:
Fortunately my hubby doesn't snore excpect when he is congested - WIll my cluster roomies be as quet???

Maybe not. I know I snore sometimes. I just let my roommates know that they are welcome to roll me over, wake me up, knock me in the head, whatever it takes to get me to stop. No hard feelings.

1. Is attending a conference worth the time and effort?

Absolutely! Attending a conference allows you to network with other professionals in your field, gain new insights and knowledge, and potentially advance your career.

2. How can attending a conference benefit my career?

Attending a conference can benefit your career in many ways. It can help you stay updated on industry trends and advancements, expand your professional network, and provide opportunities for career development and growth.

3. Will attending a conference help me gain new skills?

Yes, attending a conference can help you gain new skills through workshops, presentations, and hands-on activities. You can learn from industry experts and apply new techniques and strategies in your work.

4. Is attending a conference worth the cost?

While there may be a cost associated with attending a conference, the potential benefits far outweigh the cost. The knowledge, connections, and opportunities gained from attending a conference can have a significant impact on your career.

5. Can attending a conference really make a difference in my career?

Absolutely! As stated in the statistic above, attending a conference can greatly increase your chances of becoming a director, recruiting more people, generating more bookings, and selling more products. It is a valuable investment in your professional development.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cmdtrgd
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
  • raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
pkd09
  • Stampaholic1961