• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Still Thinking of Going to Conference? Read This!

I think it's on team building or leadership or something like that.In summary, the conversation is discussing the importance of attending a convention or national conference for those in the direct sales business. It is emphasized that convention is not just for the top performers, but is an absolute necessity for all consultants. The benefits include networking, motivation, and inspiration, as well as the opportunity to learn and share business building ideas with consultants from all over the country. While it may not be possible for everyone to attend, the speakers and workshops at convention are invaluable and cannot be replicated elsewhere. Some attendees share their excitement for the upcoming convention and mention specific workshops being led by fellow consultants.
lacychef
Got this from the "Success Factory" & thought it pretty much sums up the experience! If you're still debating on going; read on!:thumbup: :)

Today's Tip

SUBJECT: Convention - To go or not to go, THAT is the question…

For many companies, summertime means convention (or national conference) time. As a new consultant (or someone who works her business very part time) you might look at convention as something other people, like the hotshots in the company do.

To our thinking, convention is not a - should, maybe or possibly - but an ABSOLUTE.

In this business, we work alone much of the time. We are not in a traditional office setting with regular meetings and time to network on a daily basis with co-workers. The good news is that we don't have to deal with office politics or gossip. The bad news is that networking, when done in a positive way, can be extremely valuable.

If you took away all the other components of convention - the chance to see yourself as a part of a “bigger picture”, the recognition, the seminars, the speakers, the new product, the excitement - convention is worth the price of the plane ticket for the networking alone. It is the conversations that happen over lunch, in the elevator, in hotel rooms and the hallways - after the seminars, after the general sessions, after the President does his/her “rah-rah” speech. It is getting the chance to share business building ideas with a consultant that lives hundreds or thousands of miles from you. The only place you can do this is at convention.

Convention is motivational and inspirational. You will come away excited, exhausted and exhilarated.

If you used just one idea that you got from convention and it increased your income next year by 10, 15 or 100% would it be worth it? You bet it would. Don't think that you will be able to just “get the notes” at the next team meeting. It is just not the same.

Which would you rather do - look at a post card of the Grand Canyon or experience the sun on your hair and the wind on your face as you look over that railing at the rocky expanse below - larger than anything you've ever seen with more colors than you can imagine, literally, taking your breath away.

Yeah, it's kind of like that.

I like this a lot! Thank you for sharing it! I've always wanted to go to NC but money is tight and I always thought that I should be spending $$ on something "more important" Maybe I just haven't given NC the importance it deserves. hmmm

Great Lacy - Awesome article!

lacychef said:
In this business, we work alone much of the time. We are not in a traditional office setting with regular meetings and time to network on a daily basis with co-workers. <snip> It is getting the chance to share business building ideas with a consultant that lives hundreds or thousands of miles from you. The only place you can do this is at convention. <snip> Convention is motivational and inspirational. You will come away excited, exhausted and exhilarated.

Yes, NC is GREAT for all those reasons. But for those of you that can't go for financial and/or childcare reasons (myself included), don't feel that you are completely out of the loop. While we do miss some great times and in-person networking and sessions, we are all still so lucky to have C-S where we can network and share and socialize and acknowledge, etc., etc., etc. above and beyond our local clusters!

I agree Katie - CS is a great help when you cannot attend. If you've gone once you can still feel the excitement and it comes back to you!

I so wish I could go this year, but w/DD graduating and my dog needing surgery, it's just not in the cards for me:(!

Not only can we get notes from those that attend sessions, but we are fortunate enough to have some cheffers actually LEADING the sessions... how cool is that???

You're welcome:)

And yes, sometimes it just doesn't work out, for whatever reason. And this place is definately great to catch up......but I posted for those that were still on the fence about going----cause it is so worth it, if you CAN work it out;)

Yes it is worth it!! Go if you can!!

Who is leading what session????????

Kris (legacypc46) is leading a recruiting workshop in Wave 3. There are others, but that's the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

chefann said:
Kris (legacypc46) is leading a recruiting workshop in Wave 3. There are others, but that's the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

Deb Jennings is leading a workshop too. (DebbieJ)

Janice (jwpamp) and Deb (DebbieJ) are both doing Cooking Show Live workshops in Wave 2.

Great article Lacy!! I will have to share that with my cluster and sister consultants!

Thanks so much for sharing! Loved it! I think I'll take it to my cluster mtg. Monday and share with some of those who are on the fence!

Thank you Lacy! I just sent this out to my team! LOVE IT!! Hopefully I'll get one to attend with me!!

Glad you guys liked it as much as I did!

I am getting more and more depressed the closer July gets...I cannot go to NC this year-first time in 6 years I have not been, but I just can't leave right now. I am having our cluster meeting at my house for those of us that can't go and look forward to the info rolling in on CS & DCS, but if there was anyway possible I could go, I would! Lacy's article says it all!

I wish you were going Meg!:cry: What wave would you have been?

Meg, we'll have a drink in your honor at the Wave 3 MNG. :DWe'll probably have many drinks in honor of many people.
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/smilies/slider_winesmiley.gif http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/smilies/oregonian_beersmiley1.gif http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/smilies/oregonian_martini.gif

chefann said:
Meg, we'll have a drink in your honor at the Wave 3 MNG. :D

We'll probably have many drinks in honor of many people.
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/smilies/slider_winesmiley.gif http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/smilies/oregonian_beersmiley1.gif http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/smilies/oregonian_martini.gif

thanks.....I will be drinking here as well...only way I will get through not being there!

Ann....I was thinking the exact same thing!

Meg, let us know you're favorite drink and I'll be sure to have one on your behalf (just trying to be thoughtful).:blushing:

1. What is the purpose of the annual conference for Pampered Chef?

The annual conference for Pampered Chef is a gathering of consultants, leaders, and corporate staff to celebrate achievements, learn new skills and techniques, and get inspired for the upcoming year. It is also a great opportunity to network, connect with other consultants, and get exclusive access to new products and promotions.

2. When and where is the conference taking place?

The conference usually takes place in July and is held at a different location each year. In 2021, it will be held virtually from July 20-22 due to the ongoing pandemic.

3. Is the conference open to all Pampered Chef consultants?

Yes, the conference is open to all active Pampered Chef consultants. It is highly recommended for new consultants as it provides valuable training and resources, but it is also beneficial for experienced consultants to stay updated on the latest products and business strategies.

4. What can I expect to gain from attending the conference?

Attending the conference will give you the opportunity to attend training sessions and workshops led by top consultants and corporate staff. You will also have the chance to network with other consultants, learn new business strategies, and get exclusive access to new products and promotions.

5. How do I register for the conference?

You can register for the conference through your Pampered Chef consultant website. Registration typically opens in the spring and there is a fee to attend. Keep an eye out for emails and announcements from Pampered Chef regarding conference registration details.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Stampaholic1961
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
pkd09
  • raebates