• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is a Website Worth It? Should I Get One?

In summary, the conversation discusses whether or not having a PC website is worth the financial investment. Some consultants have found that having a website has helped improve their PC business by allowing guests to place orders, even if they cannot attend a show. Others have not had much success with their website and have spent more money on it than they have made. However, some believe that advertising and promoting their website can lead to more orders and business opportunities.
cooklove
Hello all. From your experiences, is a PC website worth it? I am having a hard time making a decision b/c it is a financial investment. If a website has helped, how has it improved and/or enhanced your PC business?

Thanks!!!

there has been alot of topics regarding websites. Just do a search for "websites" and you will see all the threads posted re: this same topic!

I signed up for mine as soon as I started TPC. I feel it's worth it since I have had several outside guest orders for alot of my shows who could not attend. I will continue to subscribe as long as I have my PC business!

Absolutely, it's worth it. Even if it's just for the customer service you can give through it!

here's an idea...i just got a website a couple weeks ago..i have NOT had any orders yet but haven't really told that many people about it,but my director e-mail me these labels and from now on i will be putting them on every single one of my invitaions. she is getting about $300 a week in outside orders. So hopefully once i get it out there that i have a website people will start to order.

I hooked up my website less than a week ago, I immediately put my upcoming shows in. I received my first order this Sunday. I don't think I would have received the order if I hadn't pointed out to the guest that the website was available and that any website order would still count toward the hostesses rewards.

Tiffany,

Can you send me a copy of the labels that you use? It sounds like a great thing! I am trying to use my website more as I am having to go to work full time and will have less time to do PC. Thanks!

God Bless,
Dee

here they areokay i hope i do this right if not send me a message and i will try to send them to you by e-mail

Attachments

• Invitation_Label.doc
    50 KB · Views: 501
Tiffany,

Thanks!! It worked great! So you put these on your invitations? Ok. I am doing a fair next month and my adapt these to put on the old catalogs I plan on using to hand out! I have to get some bookings from this sale. I haven't had a show since Dec. due to tax season and I'm finding it hard to get back into the swing of things! Thanks again!

God Bless,
Dee

...i apply these on the invitations in the bottom left hand corner where it says pamperedchef.com....that way they will order off of your website instead of being redirected to the local directors site!!!

Why WOULD'NT you?:eek:
No doubt that the websites they offer are worth their weight in gold....if your worried about money, do the 6 month to start, 42.00.....

I got mine ASAP, actually I was sooooo aggrivated that I couldn't get it without my Debit Card or PC Charge card, that I was very anxious.

They changed the templates March 1st and now it is even MORE attractive and user friendly for the customers and Hosts.....THAT is what it's all about....the hosts can use the E-invites, which is becoming ALL the rage now....and when THEY put in their contacts you can make them YOUR contacts. You can do an E-Newsletter to those contacts with the Monthly Host special of the coming month, you can generate business with this website, not to mention keeping track of your shows and the hosts and getting orders from attendees that couldn't make the show....and once you get it......ADVERTISE IT....put it on your catalogs, your mailings, you signature on your emails....when you do the invites for you hosts, what I do is get their mailing list, put the labels on their invites, do another label for the date time host section, then on the bottom put another label with my website on it...(it says order online www.pamperedchef.com) I cover it up with my own and direct them to my website....

put it on a bumper sticker on your car or a window static cling.....put it on YOUR BUSINESS CARDS, everything you hand out should have your website on it......

Sorry, I get carried away.....:D ....I just love the website and I think it is truly a huge benefit for us all, especially at the Holiday Season.....and after you "qualify" as a consultant, you will be able to take anytime orders......woo hoo....orders out of the blue? That works for me.....

Check out mine:
www.pamperedchef.biz/kwile

I LOVE it.....

Kelley:D

I' ve had a website since they were first made available to us. I have to tell you, I've definately spent much more than I've made. I host coach like crazy and I get very few guests placing orders on the web. I've even advertised to pick up the difference in shipping to out of town guests, and still very few web orders. Just since Christmas, I've finally gotten a few individual orders. I have to admit that the web sites have come a long way and they really do offer alot more than I've learned how to use. I would suggest that new consultants not initially invest in the website, make some money first. Then, add the web site as your business grows. I've noticed most other companies offer it at a much more reasonable rate than Pampered Chef. Hopefully, ours will continue to offer more features and will also get cheaper or free!

For more than just orders....As far as cost goes, I have another website for my Real Estate that, after shopping around, thought IT was a great deal, but nothing compared to 72 a year for this product. And you have to remember that it is all tied into the main office, which when an order goes through, it goes to the main office. If you are buying a 9.95 a month special, you are not getting the already made template, the pics, the product info, etc....you will need to create it yourself.

NOT to mention the features for the Host's which is the REAL reason you would get it. AND that you can use the info that is stored in there from the hosts to use for potential future business. The E-invites are a GREAT feature. We find that 85% of folks are connected to their computers. It is fast, easy and they have the reminders that can be sent for guests.....incredible. Do the 42 for the year....that is sooooo cheap...I wish my OTHER company would sell something like that, we'd save a ton of money!:D

I know I have spent alot more than I will make in the next 2 months, but to me and my reasons for doing it, it could pay off quite nicely.

So I have to disagree, I think the pricing is QUITE low for what it is. AND for the marketing aspect, you won't find anything comparable to it. I USE to use my own website for my business that I designed, added, controled, and IT was controlling me and my time to keep it up, so predesigned is a great money saver if it saves you time and offers a great feature for your hosts, customer service.

The main goal again is to ADVERTISE your website address. On EVERYTHING you give out.....on your email signature...EVERYTHING.....

What I have found is I wished I hadn't spent so much on inventory for my shows, lots to carry and not everyone looks at it and you spend too much time trying to get through it all, the top sellers do it for you....the one thing I DON'T regret spending is for the website.

Again, NOT for just getting orders, but mainly for the Hosts to put in their info and for the benefit of me being able to see that info and get more contacts.....

I am in my 2nd super starter month and I feel I am doing great. Exceeding my goals. I got the website immediately and love it. I like the service it provides to hosts like was said previously. Most of my hosts love it. I have rec'd several orders from it, from out of town guests as well as in town. It is just much more convenient for them. I am also excited about the wedding registry, I have 1 to set up in June or July and 2 more possibilities so far.

So I also believe that it is an awesome tool and plan to keep it as long as I am doing Pampered Chef. And as reinforcement to what was said earlier you really have to advertise it. I have it on my back car window (it's an SUV) so you can see it very clearly. I like the back window because in Tucson everyone likes to follow closely so they just can't miss it.

1. Is having a website necessary for my Pampered Chef business?

Yes, having a website can greatly benefit your Pampered Chef business. It allows you to reach a wider audience, build your brand, and showcase your products and services.

2. Will having a website require a lot of time and effort?

It depends on how much time and effort you are willing to put into it. Creating a basic website can be relatively simple and can be maintained with regular updates. However, if you want to have a more complex website with e-commerce capabilities, it may require more time and effort.

3. How much does it cost to have a Pampered Chef website?

The cost of a website can vary depending on your needs and preferences. You can choose to create your own website using a website builder or hire a professional web designer. Additionally, there may be costs for hosting, domain registration, and maintenance.

4. Can a website help me increase sales for my Pampered Chef business?

Yes, having a website can potentially increase sales for your Pampered Chef business. It allows customers to easily find and purchase your products online, and can also serve as a platform for promoting special offers and discounts.

5. Do I need any technical skills to have a website for my Pampered Chef business?

No, you do not need to have technical skills to have a website for your Pampered Chef business. There are many user-friendly website builders available, and you can also hire a professional web designer to create and maintain your website for you.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefJen2012
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Gatorbits
  • 1PamperedMommy
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies