• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is a Product Preview Month Available for My Show? Advice Appreciated!

In summary, the fall products are not available for purchase until Sept. 1st, and you should target businesses in your community to get bookings. You should also get flyers and catalogs out in the community, and offer a free gift or additional discount to any host who books and holds a show for you within the next 10 days.
Jfoster
I have a really dumb question. I haven't been very active lately and I am lucky to have 1 show a month. Is it the same as last year to where the new products were available for purchase in August as a product preview month or are they strictly not available until September 1. I know the catalogs are not supposed to be used until then (but I will be lucky if I can get a show in). Also, if any over you have ever been in a slump such a this and have any advice, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Fall Products available Sept. 1stHi Jamie,

Unfortunately, the fall products are not available for sale until Sept. 1st. There is no "preview month" in August this year, so we'll have to wait until Sept. 1st to offer them. I guess that you could host an "Open House" at the very end of August and display the new products, but you would not be able to submit the show until Sept. 1st, so that doesn't really help you if you need to get in an August show. On the upside of things, the fall mini-catalogs are available for purchase now, so you can start sending them out to get more September bookings.

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling a slump in your business. Perhaps you could try an advertising blitz of sorts in your community- put up flyers at the playground and local bulletin boards, pass out old catalogs to neighbors and offer a special booking gift to anyone who hosts a show for you in August. Sometimes I will offer a really nice gift to the first person who books and holds and closes a show within the next three weeks. You could also try offering an "Express Show" where you would provide the ingredients and paper goods for the host. I've also had success offering lunch hour office shows to those who work in a company with a break room. I love doing those because they are quick recipes, and typically have a good turnout.

Hope some of these ideas help you. Best of luck with your business!

-Janet :)

Here are some ideas for you
Jfoster said:
I have a really dumb question. I haven't been very active lately and I am lucky to have 1 show a month. Is it the same as last year to where the new products were available for purchase in August as a product preview month or are they strictly not available until September 1. I know the catalogs are not supposed to be used until then (but I will be lucky if I can get a show in). Also, if any over you have ever been in a slump such a this and have any advice, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

First, no questions is a dumb question!

Now, have you contacted your local chamber of commerce? They should be able to help you target businesses are areas in your community. Also, they will have a calendar of community events. Fairs and Festivals are a great way to get bookings and recruits and just plain get your name out there!

And I agree with Janet, get flyers and catalogs out in the community everywhere you go. Also, to go along with the Express Show, in one of the workshops the speaker used Express Shows to fill her calendar by offering a free gift or additional discount to any host who booked and held a show in the next 10 days. She also had a great gimmick for calendaring. She would offer hosts a Food Chopper or other product in that price range for the amount of the date the show was held (ie on August 1st the chopper would be $1 and the 15th it would be $15, etc. Just a couple of ideas.

Good luck!

1. Can I have a Product Preview Month for my show?

Yes, as a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the option to offer a Product Preview Month for your show. This allows your guests to have early access to new products before they are officially released.

2. How do I request a Product Preview Month for my show?

To request a Product Preview Month, simply contact your Pampered Chef consultant or host and let them know you are interested. They will be able to assist you in setting up the preview month for your show.

3. Is there a cost associated with having a Product Preview Month for my show?

No, there is no additional cost for having a Product Preview Month for your show. It is a complimentary service provided by Pampered Chef to help make your show even more successful.

4. Are there any restrictions on the products available for the Product Preview Month?

There may be some restrictions on the products available for the Product Preview Month, as it depends on the availability of new products from Pampered Chef. Your consultant or host will be able to provide you with more information on the specific products available for your show.

5. Can I still earn host rewards if I have a Product Preview Month for my show?

Yes, you can still earn host rewards for your show even if you have a Product Preview Month. In fact, having a Product Preview Month may even help you earn more rewards as it can generate more excitement and sales for your show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefmoseley
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
chefann
  • krisPC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • tabnat80