• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is a Combined Show with 31 Gifts Worth My Time?

In summary, the conversation is about whether or not it is worth doing a show with another direct selling consultant in a rural area. The opinions vary, with some saying it could be a good opportunity to get your name out there and potentially get bookings, while others express concern about splitting sales and the potential for lower sales overall. Some suggest offering booking incentives or taking the opportunity to practice your show. The original poster decides to go for it and ends up with some sales and a booking.
RoseAndrews
I am considering doing a show with a person in a rural area who has a 31 show first. Has anyone done a duo show like this and gone last? ( The 31 host said she was going first or could't do it) Is it a waste of time? I am new and have NO other shows this month so I don't mind going, BUT I want to get the most out of this show. Honesty appreciated!:yuck:

If I didn't have anything else going on that day and it didn't cost anything, I'd give it a shot. I've never done this, and it certainly isn't ideal, but make the most of it and get your name out there. With multiple vendors, people tend to have a certain amount of money they planned on spending.How many people will attend? Will you be able to do a demo? I'd probably offer a booking incentive to anyone who signed up for a party that night (and don't give it to them until they have their party--you may even offer it to be a FREE party, where you bring the ingredients). Another idea is to offer a Season's Best or something if they pay via credit card. You may or may not get a lot in orders, but PR is always welcome.Good luck!

I have done parties with other direct selling companies, like tastefully simple for example. To me, a party is a party, I'll take it!!! Some prefer not to share that time. So it's really up to you and the other consultant!!

People come planing on only spending "x" amount of money. I would be afraid that that amount is going to have to be spit between the 2 of you. Your sales probably won't be as high as if you did the show by yourself. But, if your having a hard time getting shows I guess it couldn't hurt. Let us know how it goes! Good Luck!

I'd do it as long as going into it I was aware of the details, the other consultant was aware of the details, and the guests are expecting 2 different DS reps there. If it was a show I already scheduled with a host and she wanted to then turn it into a multi-vendor thing, that's when I'd be hesitant. ;)A girl in our cluster just hosted a multi-vendor event and each consultant made out really, really well! So I'm thinking it just depends on the guest list (how many are invited, how many come, how pumped up the host is, & how much $ they are willing to part with at one party.) But going with what you've described so far, I'd go for it! A party is a party and an opportunity to meet new people is always welcome! :)

I did one a couple of weeks ago. And the 31 consultant didn't show up she just sent her catalogs so it turned out great for me! ... but It will give you time to practice your show and if the guests know that you will be there you are going to have people that go for the PC and others that want the 31. It probably won't be a huge show but you should get some sales.

I did one with 31 and it was a $900 show just for me! It was great! People came ready to buy and had a great time because I use a lot of 31 bags so I just showed it with the products.. it was a lot of fun and very profittable for me! And I love combined shows! i do about 5 a year because it just gets you new ppl that maybe you would not have come into contact with otherwise!

I am going to go for it. I am hoping to get a recruit because this is a bit of a drive for me and I am the closest consultant in the area. PLUS 31 isn't hiring until August so no worries about anyone recruiting for that. Great tips everyone!

One more suggestion, be sure to get everyone's contact info and make sure they have yours.

I went to this show last night. It was RURAL and I had to walk about 20 yards in the mud from where I parked to the house....thanks goodness I carry less and sell more! Sales were not bad, about $350 so far and a booking! Thanks for the support!

That sounds like pretty good results. Not great, but it could have been a lot worse. Very glad you got a booking from it. I'm more about getting bookings than sales. It will be great if that one booking then gets you 3 more.

Do you have any idea how the 31 person did? Were the guests expecting both reps? Did you do a full demo?

It might not be too bad for as long as the guests know in advance that there are two DS consultants in attendance. I did one with a Scentsy consultant and it was a bust! I sold one item and after I did the demo, they all converged with the Scentsy lady and smelled the scents! Then I did another one with another Scentsy consultant but this time she just sent catalogs and I did well in that one with two bookings that just held.

Becca_in_MD said:
That sounds like pretty good results. Not great, but it could have been a lot worse. Very glad you got a booking from it. I'm more about getting bookings than sales. It will be great if that one booking then gets you 3 more.

Do you have any idea how the 31 person did? Were the guests expecting both reps? Did you do a full demo?

I don't know how the 31 lady did yet, but want to find out. They guests did expect it so I knew there would be budgeting and yes, I did a full demo, I think thats why the show did as well as it did. I also was able to talk to my host and go first, under the idea that people will want to eat first and full bellies make better sales for both her shows:D

I would do the show.
Just had a vendor open house with PC, 31, Cookie Lee and Tupperware. We all had at least $500 in sales. It was even a rainy day. Guests come knowing they are going to spend money and having one stop shopping for Mother's Day was great for them.and yes, get everyone's information and make sure they have your business card or give them a recipe card with your info on it.

What is a Combined Show with 31 Gifts?

A Combined Show with 31 Gifts is a joint event where Pampered Chef and 31 Gifts consultants come together to showcase and sell their products. It is a great opportunity for customers to shop for both kitchen and home products in one place, while also supporting two different businesses.

How do I attend a Combined Show with 31 Gifts?

To attend a Combined Show, you can either contact a Pampered Chef or 31 Gifts consultant to see if they have any upcoming events, or you can host your own show and invite both consultants to participate. You can also check online for any public events that may be happening in your area.

Do I have to purchase from both Pampered Chef and 31 Gifts at a Combined Show?

No, you are not required to purchase from both consultants. However, it is a great opportunity to check out both product lines and support two small businesses at once. Each consultant will have their own separate ordering and payment process.

Are there any special deals or discounts offered at a Combined Show with 31 Gifts?

Yes, many consultants will offer special deals or discounts for customers who purchase from both Pampered Chef and 31 Gifts during the Combined Show. It's always a good idea to ask the consultants if they have any promotions or bundles available.

Can I become a consultant for both Pampered Chef and 31 Gifts at a Combined Show?

Unfortunately, you cannot become a consultant for both companies at a Combined Show. Each company has its own consultant registration and training process, and it is not possible to join both at once. However, you can always reach out to the consultants at the show and express your interest in becoming a consultant for their company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mkrich00
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
prissylovescooking
  • Kenzie09
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
JackieB999
  • Sarah Mitson