• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is 31 Bags Implementing a Hiring Freeze for Consultants?

In summary, a 31 Bags consultant told a friend that they are not letting anyone sign up at the moment because they are growing too fast and can't keep up.
kristina16marie
Gold Member
So a friend of mine is a 31 Bags consultant and told me that they are not letting anyone sign up right now because they are growing too fast and can't keep up. She said she heard PC had also done that once long ago. Has anyone ever heard of that? I can't imagine turning recruits away.....

Yes, they did. I know that is was very difficult for those consultants who wanted to build teams. It was before my time, so I can't tell you how long it lasted.

Doris wrote about it in her book - I want to say it was in the early 90's. ChefAnn, we need you! KGuy do you know?

There was a hiring freeze from Oct. 1st 1990 - January 1st 1991. This was because there was a 400% increase in signed consultants in Aug. 1990, and there was a very real concern that they wouldn't be able to fill orders for the Fall Season & Christmas if the explosive growth continued!(as read in Doris' biography - The chapter titled "Growing Pains". It's an amazing book, and will make you fall more in love with the company and respect Doris even more!)

I JUST picked this book up from the Library!! I can't wait to read it! :D

I have a friend who tried to sign up for 31 and was told to wait, I am going to tell her about the better opportunity with PC! Wish me luck!Rose

Its really really good. Great for anyone in any direct sales organization.

Well my consultant is brand new ... not sure when she signed up. She didn't say anything but the opportunity was never mentioned at her show. I'd say it's because she's new but her leader did the show. Maybe it had something to do with me being the youngest woman in the room, but I think the freeze must have been the reason.

Related to Is 31 Bags Implementing a Hiring Freeze for Consultants?

1. What is a "Thirty-One Bag Hiring Freeze"?

A "Thirty-One Bag Hiring Freeze" refers to a temporary halt on the hiring of new consultants for Thirty-One Gifts, a direct sales company that specializes in personalized bags and accessories.

2. Why did Thirty-One Gifts implement a hiring freeze?

Thirty-One Gifts implemented a hiring freeze in order to evaluate and adjust their business model and compensation plan to better support their consultants. This decision was made in response to feedback from their sales force and to ensure the long-term success of the company.

3. How long will the hiring freeze last?

The duration of the hiring freeze is currently unknown. Thirty-One Gifts is actively working on making necessary changes and updates and will lift the hiring freeze when they feel confident in their new model.

4. Can current consultants still place orders during the hiring freeze?

Yes, current consultants can still place orders and conduct business as usual during the hiring freeze. The freeze only applies to new consultant sign-ups.

5. Will the hiring freeze affect current consultants' businesses?

No, the hiring freeze should not have any impact on current consultants' businesses. Thirty-One Gifts is committed to supporting and empowering their current sales force and will continue to do so during this time.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• doughmama
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
vanscootin
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
dennyb1998
Replies