• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Interview in Person or Over the Phone?

In summary, the best way to prepare for an interview, whether it is in person or over the phone, is to research the company beforehand and familiarize yourself with their products, services, and values. It is also important to dress professionally and practice answering common interview questions. During a phone interview, it is important to choose a quiet location and speak confidently and clearly. After an interview, it is recommended to follow up with a thank-you email or note within 24 hours and inquire about the status of the hiring process if you do not hear back within a week.

phone interview or in persson?

• over the phone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • in person

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters
milkangel
which one do you prefer and what works for you? and why do you think it would help me better my chances in recruiting

I've done both. I like in person better because we can go through the brochures together vs. having to explain to them where to turn to next. It feels a bit more personal. Plus you know when you have their full attention or who's being distracted and only half- listening.

To me most things are best in person. You can read body language and communicate more effectively.

1. What is the best way to prepare for an interview in person or over the phone?

The best way to prepare for an interview, whether it is in person or over the phone, is to research the company beforehand and familiarize yourself with their products, services, and values. Also, make sure to review the job description and come up with specific examples of how your skills and experience align with the job requirements. Practice answering common interview questions with a friend or family member to boost your confidence.

2. How should I dress for an in-person interview?

It is always better to be overdressed than underdressed for an interview. Choose professional attire that is appropriate for the company and position you are interviewing for. Avoid anything too casual, such as jeans or sneakers, and opt for a dress shirt, blouse, or dress pants instead. Make sure your clothes are clean, pressed, and fit well.

3. What are some common questions that are asked during a phone interview?

Some common questions asked during a phone interview include: "Can you tell me about your previous work experience?", "Why are you interested in this position?", "What are your strengths and weaknesses?", "How do you handle difficult situations at work?", and "What are your salary expectations?" It is important to answer these questions confidently and concisely.

4. How can I make a good impression during a phone interview?

To make a good impression during a phone interview, make sure to choose a quiet and distraction-free location to take the call. Speak clearly and professionally, and try to avoid filler words such as "um" or "like." Be engaged and enthusiastic during the conversation, and don't be afraid to ask questions or clarify any information that is unclear.

5. How soon should I follow up after an in-person or phone interview?

It is always a good idea to follow up with a thank-you email or note within 24 hours of an in-person or phone interview. This shows your appreciation for the opportunity and reiterates your interest in the position. If you do not hear back within a week, it is acceptable to follow up again to inquire about the status of the hiring process.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Poll
  • rbvernon
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
rbvernon
Replies
Views
sjackson
Replies
Views