• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get Your Favorite Song as a Ringtone: Easy Steps for All Phone Types

which I loved because I didn't have to worry about all the bells and whistles. I'm just not sure if I'm ready for this level of tech yet.I do know I'm NOT happy that after adding a whole 30 contacts, connecting to FB for a whole 10 minutes and sending 5 texts it needed to be charged and then today it needed charging again, 24hrs later after spending my 15 min break reading FB and sending 2 texts it needed charging AGAIN. I'm not sure if it's normal with Smartphones or not since I'm not familiar with them.
kcjodih
Gold Member
How do I get a song as my ringtone on my cellphone? I've never had one before but want to. What website do I go to and how much are they? I'm afraid on my fancy wancy new phone it will take days if not weeks to figure out on my own! I also of course want to go to a tried and trusted site and not end up messing up my new phone. Oh, does it matter what type of phone I have?

Thanks for any help!

Personally if it's a phone you are using for your business I wouldn't do a ringback tone or if you do make sure that it plays nicely and isn't too loud. I HATE calling people with ringback tones because generally it's some crazy song and really, really loud. Just my opinion.

I dont' think she was asking about 'ringback' tones...but having a RingTONE that she hears when it rings? But I agree on ringback tones. My Sister and SIL both have them...annoying.

esavvymom said:
I dont' think she was asking about 'ringback' tones...but having a RingTONE that she hears when it rings?

But I agree on ringback tones. My Sister and SIL both have them...annoying.

That would make sense!

Depends on the phone you have. What kind of phone is it?

Yes, it depends on your phone. I have an app on my phone that allows me to browse thousands of songs to download as ringtones. The app somehow ties into the iTunes store, and uses the clips that are on there as samples of songs, so the app and the ringtones are free.

It's a Smartphone - Samsung Galaxy Captivate...Android . I'm just so overwhelmed by the darn thing. I know it has the potential to do wonderful things and it's a $599 phone that I got for zero dollars but it's so confusing and I'm not sure if it's just too much for me and more than I'll ever use or if it's just going to take time.

I do know I'm NOT happy that after adding a whole 30 contacts, connecting to FB for a whole 10 minutes and sending 5 texts it needed to be charged and then today it needed charging again, 24hrs later after spending my 15 min break reading FB and sending 2 texts it needed charging AGAIN. I'm not sure if it's normal with Smartphones or not since I'm not familiar with them.

So I thought I'd cheer myself up while learning if I could get a song or two that I like as my ringtones - not ringbacks. I'm not even sure WHAT those are...see, maybe I should stick with a basic phone lol.

<sighhhhhh>

kcjodih said:
It's a Smartphone - Samsung Galaxy Captivate...Android . I'm just so overwhelmed by the darn thing. I know it has the potential to do wonderful things and it's a $599 phone that I got for zero dollars but it's so confusing and I'm not sure if it's just too much for me and more than I'll ever use or if it's just going to take time.

I do know I'm NOT happy that after adding a whole 30 contacts, connecting to FB for a whole 10 minutes and sending 5 texts it needed to be charged and then today it needed charging again, 24hrs later after spending my 15 min break reading FB and sending 2 texts it needed charging AGAIN. I'm not sure if it's normal with Smartphones or not since I'm not familiar with them.

So I thought I'd cheer myself up while learning if I could get a song or two that I like as my ringtones - not ringbacks. I'm not even sure WHAT those are...see, maybe I should stick with a basic phone lol.

<sighhhhhh>
Ringbacks are what are played when you call someone instead of it ringing. Sort of like a ringtone for your phone but from their end.

kcjodih said:
It's a Smartphone - Samsung Galaxy Captivate...Android .
<sighhhhhh>

Well, I'm out... I have an iPhone.... I like to think I'm at least a smidge tech savvy but I know nothing about Android.

But, I use a website called Myxer (Ringtones, MP3s, Wallpapers, Videos and more from Myxer.com). It uses your own MP3s to make songs or you can download premade ones and it's free.

kcjodih said:

I know the feeling, I went from a basic Nokia phone that wouldn't need charging for a week at a time to a smartphone, and it was an adjustment.

Mine (though not an Android) does need to be charged at least daily, but yours sounds like there's something wrong. I can't access FB at work, so I often use my phone to browse, and I also check emails etc, and if I'm on it a lot, it might be dead by the end of the work day. I did replace my battery after about a year, and prior to doing that I was lucky if the phone lasted 30 minutes of FB browsing.

I would recommend you contact the store you got it from and ask them if they can test the battery.

I use Mxyer too. It's getting harder lately to find the free ringtones, though. But if you have time to click and listen around, you should find some you like.

Jodi - Do you have an app killer on your phone? Try searching "Advanced Task Killer" in your google market. Its free. Run it, and have it kill your tasks a few times per day - that will help save your battery life!

phonezoo.com has free ring tones you send to your phone and save.

I use the songs I downloaded to the mp3 player on my phone...LG Apex, Android...I love them. I have a few reg. ringtones I downloaded but like my songs better. As for the battery...if you are on fb much at all it will deplete your battery, also if you have your bluetooth on it will run your battery down. I have to charge my phone every evening and afternoon. Definately go to your Marketplace icon and download an app killer as well as a battery doctor.

Well I have a Samsung Zeal and don't use the net on it at all. And I hate the ringtones that Samsung had.

So this is what I did ...

I use the RECORD button!

Basically under "sounds" there is an option for "record new."

So first I put it up to the stereo of my computer while my fave song was playing.

Then I took it to church and got it out when they were singing the chorus of that song. So now when my phone rings, I hear our over of David Crowder's How He Loves Us:

And he is our portion and we are his bride
Drawn to redemption by the grace in his eyes
If grace is an ocean we're all sinking ....

Finally sang into it for one that I was using for texts for a while:
We just got a letter
We just got a letter
We just got a letter
Wonder who it's from?

And I sang another custom one for one person that, thankfully, has never rung:

"Cruella DeVille, Cruella DeVille
If she doesn't get to ya, Nobody will
I don't understand why she's such a big pill!
Cruella, Cruella DeVille!"

aried said:
phonezoo.com has free ring tones you send to your phone and save.

just got Mission Impossible ring tone for my DH's ring!

in the andriod market there is an app called ringdroid. It lets you take any song you have on your music player and turn it into a ringtone. It's very easy to use. There is another app called zedge. It has a ton of ringtones and wallpapers. I haven't used any of the ringtones on it yet, but my friend uses it all the time.

Thanks everyone. I finally got back to checking this thread and I'm heading off to web and app lands to see what I can find. I appreciate all the help :)

I have the Captivate. I have music that I have downloaded and music that I transferred from my PC to my SD card. I use ringdroid to cut it down to what I want and it asks you right there if you want to set it as a contact tone or default. You can also download zedge from the market place, they have ringtones, notification tones and wallpapers all on one app.

I use the phonezoo all the time for my android!

byrd1956 said:
just got Mission Impossible ring tone for my DH's ring!

There's gotta be a back story on this one. ;)

I use the myxer app on my phone. It's free on the Android Market and on Amazon app store. Takes you Mp3's and converts them into ringtones.

What phones are compatible with ringtone downloads from Pampered Chef?

Currently, our ringtone downloads are compatible with all major phone types, including iPhone, Android, and Windows phones.

How do I purchase a ringtone from Pampered Chef?

To purchase a ringtone, simply visit our website and browse our selection of songs. Once you have found your favorite song, click on the "Purchase" button and follow the prompts to complete your purchase.

Can I customize the length of my ringtone?

Yes, you can customize the length of your ringtone before purchasing. Simply select the desired length from the dropdown menu on the product page before adding it to your cart.

Do I need any special software to download and use my ringtone?

No, you do not need any special software to download and use your ringtone. Our ringtone downloads are compatible with your phone's default media player.

Can I transfer my ringtone to a different phone?

Yes, you can transfer your ringtone to a different phone. Simply follow the same steps you did to download the ringtone on your new phone.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views
cla519
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies