• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Interested in a Cincinnati MnG this Fall?

In summary, raebates and The Furry Guy are planning to come to Cincinnati for a MnG. If anyone is interested in doing this, let them know. raebates is looking for people to come and help her plan and execute the event. There is a poll to see what people want to do. If there are no objections, Saturday, September 8th at 1p will be the date.

Cincinnati MnG in September - What is your preference?

• Sept 8 - Lunch

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Sept 8 - Dinner

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Sept 15 - Lunch

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Sept 15 - Dinner

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sept 16 - Lunch

• Sept 16 - Dinner

• Total voters
katie0128
Silver Member
A few months ago, raebates mentioned that she and The Furry Guy are planning to come down for a vacation and we started talking about doing a MnG.
If anyone is interested in doing this, let me know. I'm willing to have it at my house (about 30 minutes west of downtown) and maybe do a potluck dinner thing???
Thoughts???

What's That??
katie0128 said:
A few months ago, raebates mentioned that she and The Furry Guy are planning to come down for a vacation and we started talking about doing a MnG.
If anyone is interested in doing this, let me know. I'm willing to have it at my house (about 30 minutes west of downtown) and maybe do a potluck dinner thing???
Thoughts???

What is an MnG?

Also:

I forgot to look for you at Conference?? I remember meeting a Kate or two, but not sure it was U?

Liz

Meet 'n Greet

Nope, didn't meet any Lizs at NC... but I did look for ya!

im in cincinnatihi ,
im in cincinnati also and i would love to do a Mgm. email me at [email protected] when you get the details . Im very new to this but I would like to come and pick you'r brains.:D :D :D :rolleyes:

jenn

Katie,

That sounds awesome! But a potluck might be kinda hard unless we can all cook at your house.

You know I'm in. We're thinking of the second weekend in September for our Cincinnati trip, weather permitting.

I would love to meet everyone. I am in Dayton, so just let me know when and where.

spmm125 said:
hi ,
im in cincinnati also and i would love to do a Mgm. email me at [email protected] when you get the details . Im very new to this but I would like to come and pick you'r brains.:D :D :D :rolleyes:

jenn

Where are you in Cincinnati? I'm in North Bend... out by Cleves...

PamperedChefDebi said:
Katie,

That sounds awesome! But a potluck might be kinda hard unless we can all cook at your house.

You gonna come in from Germany for this one?

What's Your Vote????To get a better idea of what people what to do, I added a poll... Keep in mind, I live about 30 minutes west of downtown Cincinnati and about 20 minutes east of Lawrenceburg, IN.

I think I might be able to do it! I have family in Cincinnati that I've been wanting to visit...

Last edited:
jenniferp417 said:
I think I might be able to do it! I have family down there that I've been wanting to visit...

Where is "down there"?

Cincinnati. Sorry, I'm a Michigander, Ohio is SOUTH. LOL! Fixed my post so it didn't sound so weird.

I live about 45 minutes east of Cincinnati and would love to be part of this.

jenniferp417 said:
Cincinnati. Sorry, I'm a Michigander, Ohio is SOUTH. LOL! Fixed my post so it didn't sound so weird.

I knew what you meant... I should have said "Where in Cincinnati"?

Actually, I'm not certain. I don't know Cinci. Is part of the city closer to the KY border? I think they're nearer there. They haven't been there long at any rate.

Yep... the Ohio River is the "boarder" between Cincinnati and N Ky and downtown Cincinnati is "on the river"... so to speak.

I really need to get down there - planning it to coincide with a meet & greet would be even better. :)

Okay, so we've made our plans definite. We'll be in the Cincinnati area Friday, September 7 through Sunday, September 9. Sunday we'll be at Jungle Jim's all day. We won't get to the area until late in the afternoon on Friday, so Saturday would work well for us for a get-together. Any time of day will work. Just let us know the time and place.

Looks like no particular date/time works for the majority. But since this idea started as a way for me to meet Rae (and the fact that it is at my house), I'm making the executive decision to have it on Saturday, September 8th. The time doesn't really matter to me... just depends on how far people will be driving to get to my place. I'm thinking maybe 1p - we can grill lunch and have time to sit and chat and it still won't be too late for people to drive home. Of course, I'm not kicking anyone out at any time, but I know that some people are 45+ minutes away and that can be a long drive at night.

So unless there are any major objections to Saturday, September 8 at 1p - then we'll call it set!

Let me know who is coming and if you are close enough to bring something. If not, I'll get an idea of how many people are coming and just ask for $ to cover food/drinks/etc.

Sounds great, Katie. The Furry Guy and I will be there. PM me your address and phone number so we can find you.

katie0128 said:
Looks like no particular date/time works for the majority. But since this idea started as a way for me to meet Rae (and the fact that it is at my house), I'm making the executive decision to have it on Saturday, September 8th. The time doesn't really matter to me... just depends on how far people will be driving to get to my place. I'm thinking maybe 1p - we can grill lunch and have time to sit and chat and it still won't be too late for people to drive home. Of course, I'm not kicking anyone out at any time, but I know that some people are 45+ minutes away and that can be a long drive at night.

So unless there are any major objections to Saturday, September 8 at 1p - then we'll call it set!

Let me know who is coming and if you are close enough to bring something. If not, I'll get an idea of how many people are coming and just ask for $ to cover food/drinks/etc.

Oh, and as far as I'm concerned - significant others and kids are welcome... as long as they are <reasonably> well-behaved! My kids will most likely be there as well (8, 3 and 17 mo).

If you're requiring that people be well-behaved, maybe I shouldn't attend. I can be a bit unruly at times.

Last edited:
Okay, so anyone else joining us? It's the Saturday after Labor Day. It would be fun to have a crowd. Of course, It will also be fun if it's just Katie, her family, The Furry Guy, and me. As The Newsboys say, wherever we are, that's where the party's at. :)

Ah, I'd LOVE to come, but that's the day I'm flying back around to the other side of the world. :(

Otherwise, Cincy wouldn't have been that far for me!!

raebates said:
If you're requiring that people be well-behaved, maybe I should attend. I can be a bit unruly at times.

I said the sig others and kids had to be well-behaved... Cheffers are a whole 'nother story! As if I'M going to be well-behaved in my own house... yeah, right!:rolleyes:

angmillar said:
Ah, I'd LOVE to come, but that's the day I'm flying back around to the other side of the world. :(

Otherwise, Cincy wouldn't have been that far for me!!

What time are you heading out? I'm only 30 minutes from the airport... come on... you can make it! If not, you have to promise to wave as you go over my house (and you will actually go over my house). We'll head out to the backyard and wave at you too!

COUNT ME IN !!!

I have not been able to respond to chefsuccess for a few weeks. My membership ran out and I thought what a great way to get some things done (finally - not spending so much time reading here :) ). THEN I couldn't get my membership to work after I paid (another week without chefsuccess ughh!!) , so we finally got it figured out, and now I can reply. Yeah !!

Anyway, count me in. I was planning on going to conference and then couldn't and that is how Rae ended up mentioning that she was coming to Jungle Jim's, so this is my little conference, since I missed out on the big one !!!

Katie, I met you at the training with Susie Lite (but my ride basically had to leave right away and I was looking for a ride and I ended up rushed and not really getting to talk to you) and I think I have your number but not your address. Some of my family lives over by Cleves. One time in particular going down 275 near Cleves my husbands brakes went out on his car (going about 80 mph) what a ride !!

Anyway, can you tell I haven't been able to 'talk' in awhile. Off to read and post more now. See ya Sept 8th.

Look forward to meeting you, Tina.

Rae,
Are you bringing the main dish?... no wait.... we might not be up to the things The Furry Guy might suggest... Just kidding. Can't wait to meet you too.

Katie.. I have two teens, they will probably stay home, but I also have a 3 year old girl and should would probably love to come, if you don't mind. Do you?

genburk said:
Rae,
Are you bringing the main dish?... no wait.... we might not be up to the things The Furry Guy might suggest...
We won't be going to Jungle Jim's until the next day, so you're probably safe. Although, if The Furry Guy bags a groundhog between now and then . . .I think we'll stick to chips. They travel well.

Yall definately need to stop in at La Rosa's. Miss their calzones sooooo much.

genburk said:
Rae,
Are you bringing the main dish?... no wait.... we might not be up to the things The Furry Guy might suggest... Just kidding. Can't wait to meet you too.

Katie.. I have two teens, they will probably stay home, but I also have a 3 year old girl and should would probably love to come, if you don't mind. Do you?

Of course she is welcome! I have an 8yo DS, a 3.5yo DS and a 17 mo DD... DH just found out that the annual (and basically mandatory) golf outing for work is that day, so he won't be around.

krzymomof4 said:
We have a LaRosa's within walking distance of my house! But sadly and pathetically, I still have them deliver more than I go pick it up!!!

krzymomof4 said:

Where are you in IN?

We are across the river from Louisville, but I used to live in the Bethel, New Richmond area.

La Rosa's, huh? We're planning on camping, so I'll be cooking. However, if the weather's icky, we'll be getting a hotel. I'll make note to look for La Rosa if I'm not cooking.

I absolutely LOVE their pizza and calzones. I am always jealous when my DH goes to Cincy for a business meeting. He doesn't tell me now, but I know he secretly eats there and doesn't tell me.

krzymomof4 said:
We are across the river from Louisville, but I used to live in the Bethel, New Richmond area.

Only Louisville... you are close enough... you need to get up here!

I know, I know. We are actually thinking of going to the new creation museum soon.

krzymomof4 said:
I know, I know. We are actually thinking of going to the new creation museum soon.

DH's aunt and uncle just took DS and a cousin (both boys are 8yo). They LOVED it... of course both boys are REALLY into dinosaurs, but they really had a great time. If you can, try to visit during "off" hours... I think DH's uncle said that would be like a Tuesday or Wednesday morning... call the museum and double check. Otherwise it is really crowded and apparently harder to spend lots of time in any one area.

Or you could ignore my advice about which day to go and do the museum on Friday, spend the night in Cinti and come to the MnG on Saturday! Mini-vacation!!!

We love LaRosa'a too. Some say the sauce is too sweet, but it is our favorite pizzeria.

Leslie,
You should come up. We have talked about Bethel before and it would be nice to meet ya !!

Rae,
I know we have discussed the exotic meats and with the Furry Guy.... well you never know. He might try to sneak in there before the MnG.

I have never been to Jungle Jim's and I have passed it two times in the last month !! I really need to get there and take the kids. I remember when it was just a fruit stand with a giant gorilla outside (not a real one !!). Passed it many times as a child and several times as an adult, but never made a day of it. Maybe I should put that on my wish list or my to do list, might be a better list.

I'm so glad to hear that at least one other person in Cincinnati has never been to Jungle Jim's! I guess we'll just have to find time and do lunch out there some day.
Remind me, which NED are you under... is it Becky Ishee?

No, I am under Darla Oelhman, then Executive Director Cindy Johnson. (then my recruiter Melissa) .. but Becky Ishee is also under Cindy Johnson, even though Becky is a NED.

Darla is Becky's recruiter.

Just wondering if I'd see you at some of Becky's regional meetings, but guess not. Oh well... at least I know we'll probably run into each other at HO-sponsored training events here.

I get cluster reports from Cindy Johnson and she always includes Becky's numbers in the reports, so I assumed she recruited Becky... Plus I have heard that several times it was that way, but maybe because Becky passed up Cindy, Becky went to the next higher director which would be Darla. Not really sure how that works, but I know that Darla and Cindy and others sometimes have their trainings together, so maybe we will get to see each other at those times.

I don't think the "off days" will work with the boys being in school now. I would love to come, but I have shows scheduled for both weekends. Now to see if they stick:D

Hey, it's just over a week until our little MnG!

Just a friendly reminder that the Cincinnati Meet 'n Greet I'm hosting at my house is this Saturday (Sept 8) at 1p. So far, I know that raebates (and The Furry Guy) and genburk (and kids) are coming. If anyone else is planning to attend, let me know. But if things change at the last minute and you are suddenly able to come, PLEASE COME... just give me a call and I'll give you directions!

I can't wait to meet everyone! But just keep in mind that I'm in the beginings of my recovery from C.H.A.O.S. (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome)... so that house is far from perfect, but somehow that doesn't seem to really matter with my cheffer buddies coming!

I PM'd you, Katie, but forgot to add this:Don't worry about your recent recovery from CHAOS. We aren't coming to do an inspection.

Yeah, I know... but my OCD side made me type this...

I'll let you know if I need you to bring anything else once I've heard back from everyone. When you are you guys leaving?

<h2>1. What is a Cincinnati MnG?</h2><p>A Cincinnati MnG, or Meet and Greet, is an informal gathering of individuals who share a common interest or connection. In this case, it would be a gathering of Pampered Chef consultants and their families in the Cincinnati area.</p><h2>2. When is the Cincinnati MnG taking place?</h2><p>The specific date for the Cincinnati MnG has not been determined yet. It will likely be in the fall, a few months after the original post was made. Please stay tuned for updates on the date and time.</p><h2>3. Where will the Cincinnati MnG be held?</h2><p>The MnG will be held at the home of the person who posted this message, about 30 minutes west of downtown Cincinnati. It will be a potluck-style dinner event, so attendees are encouraged to bring a dish to share.</p><h2>4. Can anyone attend the Cincinnati MnG?</h2><p>Yes, the MnG is open to any Pampered Chef consultants and their families who are interested in attending. Please RSVP to the post or contact the host directly to let them know you will be coming.</p><h2>5. Is there a cost to attend the Cincinnati MnG?</h2><p>No, there is no cost to attend the MnG. However, as mentioned, it will be a potluck-style dinner event, so attendees are asked to bring a dish to share. Any additional details or updates on potential costs will be communicated closer to the event date.</p>

1. What is a Cincinnati MnG?

A Cincinnati MnG, or Meet and Greet, is an informal gathering of individuals who share a common interest or connection. In this case, it would be a gathering of Pampered Chef consultants and their families in the Cincinnati area.

2. When is the Cincinnati MnG taking place?

The specific date for the Cincinnati MnG has not been determined yet. It will likely be in the fall, a few months after the original post was made. Please stay tuned for updates on the date and time.

3. Where will the Cincinnati MnG be held?

The MnG will be held at the home of the person who posted this message, about 30 minutes west of downtown Cincinnati. It will be a potluck-style dinner event, so attendees are encouraged to bring a dish to share.

4. Can anyone attend the Cincinnati MnG?

Yes, the MnG is open to any Pampered Chef consultants and their families who are interested in attending. Please RSVP to the post or contact the host directly to let them know you will be coming.

5. Is there a cost to attend the Cincinnati MnG?

No, there is no cost to attend the MnG. However, as mentioned, it will be a potluck-style dinner event, so attendees are asked to bring a dish to share. Any additional details or updates on potential costs will be communicated closer to the event date.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
tabnat80
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies