• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Interactive Loaded Baked Potato Chowder Recipe

In summary, In my opinion, one thing you could do to make the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder recipe more interactive is to cook the first step of the potatoes beforehand. This way, when guests arrive, they can start cooking the potatoes and then divide the recipe amongst themselves. Another suggestion is to add more cream cheese to the recipe, as this makes it more enjoyable. Finally, adding a potato demo while the chowder is microwaving can also be a fun way to keep guests involved.
pampered2007
Any ideas, suggestions,comments, etc on making the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder as an interactive, hands-on recipe at a show?

this is kind of an odd recipe to do as an interactive show!
I made the mistake of doing it the first time at a show (I know, I know), and didn't quite realize that it is a super easy and quick recipe!!
One thing I did do, that I think is important (and got the idea from here) is cook the first step of the potatoes before the guests arrive. I usually do this step about 5 minutes prior to show time or right at show time (since people arrive late or chat for the first few minutes). Then, just divide each step with each guest that will participate!!!

Oh - my personal suggestion is to add a little extra cream cheese, b/c I like my soup thick!

pampcheflisa said:
this is kind of an odd recipe to do as an interactive show!
I made the mistake of doing it the first time at a show (I know, I know), and didn't quite realize that it is a super easy and quick recipe!!
One thing I did do, that I think is important (and got the idea from here) is cook the first step of the potatoes before the guests arrive. I usually do this step about 5 minutes prior to show time or right at show time (since people arrive late or chat for the first few minutes). Then, just divide each step with each guest that will participate!!!

Oh - my personal suggestion is to add a little extra cream cheese, b/c I like my soup thick!

How much cream cheese? Like th entire 8oz?

I haven't tried adding more cream cheese - but I do cut down on the milk by about 1/2 cup...and I add WAY more cheese than you are supposed too - but it makes it yummy! :p

You could always do a potato demo while you are waiting for it to microwave. That way you are showing more products.

One of my friends told me about making this interactive AND shorter: Use the Crinkle blade on the UM and slice the potatoes, then you only have to cook 11-12 minutes, mash then add other ingredients and heat through another 3-4 minutes. Works like a charm!

I make my shows interactive by using "pick a tool". I lay out the primary tools we'll be using (mandoline, measuring tools, knives, Mix & Chop, etc.) and when we get started everyone picks a tool they might like to try (I don't explain the tool until it's their turn). Then whoever has the tool does the step in the recipe. So far it's been THE best way to get everyone involved.

(oh, and I add the whole block of cream cheese, too...you can never have too much cream cheese!):D

1. What ingredients do I need to make the Interactive Loaded Baked Potato Chowder?

To make the Interactive Loaded Baked Potato Chowder, you will need 6 cups of chicken broth, 6 medium-sized potatoes, 1 onion, 2 cloves of garlic, 1 cup of heavy cream, 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup of cooked and crumbled bacon, 1/4 cup of chopped scallions, and salt and pepper to taste.

2. Can I make this recipe in the microwave?

Yes, you can make the Interactive Loaded Baked Potato Chowder in the microwave. Simply follow the same steps as the stovetop instructions, but instead of simmering on the stovetop, cook on high in the microwave for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally.

3. Is this recipe vegetarian-friendly?

No, this recipe is not vegetarian-friendly as it contains chicken broth and bacon. However, you can substitute vegetable broth for the chicken broth and omit the bacon to make it vegetarian.

4. How can I make this recipe gluten-free?

To make this recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free chicken broth and make sure to check the labels of your heavy cream, cheese, and bacon to ensure they are also gluten-free. You can also use gluten-free flour as a thickening agent instead of all-purpose flour.

5. Can I freeze the leftovers?

Yes, you can freeze the leftovers of the Interactive Loaded Baked Potato Chowder. Make sure to cool the soup completely before transferring it to an airtight container and freezing for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating on the stovetop or in the microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• naekelsey
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Meigs
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ToDi4Food
  • pctharper