1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Interactive Chowder?

1. pampered2007

pampered2007 Member

Any ideas, suggestions,comments, etc on making the Loaded Baked Potato Chowder as an interactive, hands-on recipe at a show?

Oct 29, 2009
  2. pampcheflisa

pampcheflisa Advanced Member Gold Member

this is kind of an odd recipe to do as an interactive show!
    I made the mistake of doing it the first time at a show (I know, I know), and didn't quite realize that it is a super easy and quick recipe!!
    One thing I did do, that I think is important (and got the idea from here) is cook the first step of the potatoes before the guests arrive. I usually do this step about 5 minutes prior to show time or right at show time (since people arrive late or chat for the first few minutes). Then, just divide each step with each guest that will participate!!!

Oh - my personal suggestion is to add a little extra cream cheese, b/c I like my soup thick!

Oct 29, 2009
  3. schel

schel Advanced Member

How much cream cheese? Like th entire 8oz?

Oct 30, 2009
  4. I haven't tried adding more cream cheese - but I do cut down on the milk by about 1/2 cup...and I add WAY more cheese than you are supposed too - but it makes it yummy! :p

Oct 30, 2009
  5. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

You could always do a potato demo while you are waiting for it to microwave. That way you are showing more products.

Oct 30, 2009
  6. Chefstover2

Chefstover2 Advanced Member

One of my friends told me about making this interactive AND shorter: Use the Crinkle blade on the UM and slice the potatoes, then you only have to cook 11-12 minutes, mash then add other ingredients and heat through another 3-4 minutes. Works like a charm!

I make my shows interactive by using "pick a tool". I lay out the primary tools we'll be using (mandoline, measuring tools, knives, Mix & Chop, etc.) and when we get started everyone picks a tool they might like to try (I don't explain the tool until it's their turn). Then whoever has the tool does the step in the recipe. So far it's been THE best way to get everyone involved.

(oh, and I add the whole block of cream cheese, too...you can never have too much cream cheese!):D

Oct 30, 2009
Have something to add?