• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Inactive Consultant at Todays Show!

In summary, the woman was rude and made negative comments about PC at the show. She is currently inactive and is currently trying to make herself feel better by talking down to other consultants. If you encounter her at any other shows, you can try to get her to join your team by reminding her about the June sell-a-thon promotion.
Cindycooks
Silver Member
I am fuming and don't really know how to handle this. I will probably just let it slide...but at todays show, an inactive consultant in my cluster was there. I hardly recognized her, I have only met her once or twice and I said to her "dont I know you from someplace"...and she said PC. I immediately knew who she was. Anyway, there were about 8 people there. She immediately started commenting on things like "I went inactive 6 months ago and I am glad I did because I don't like any of the new products". (well that apparently didn't matter because I sold 3 BBQ Basting Bottles....)
Also she said that the liked last years Spring colors better and she did not like the HWC products this year. Last years were better. Oh and she hates the stripes on the SA.
I am convinced she is just jealous because most of this stuff has come out since she went inactive....but why would someone make these comments at my show...especially since she used to be a consultant and she knows how it makes us feel! I tried not to let it get to me. The show is ok - at $300 with a few outside orders still to come in. The host is a young girl with young friends who do not have alot of money, so I am glad it is this high. Also, I got 2 bookings. Evidently what the girl said didnt phase them.......
It was just so rude!

I'm sorry you had to deal with that. Frankly I've been appalled at how some consultants act just like disinterested hosts sometimes. I ran into this while trying to be a team leader among my cluster for a challenge. I got no call backs after leaving messages, no e-mail responses, and the two people I actually was able to speak with let me know not to call them back! Very strange.
But then, we can come here and find support and encouragement. Personally I'm not fond of the striped SA's but that's just my opinion. I love everything else!:D

When she said she did not like the stripes - my comment was "OH I am sorry to hear that, personally, I LOVE THEM....they go with every kitchen and look great in mine". She didn't say anything. I just kept on going.

I have only been doing PC for two months and everybody I have talked to so far loves PC. I don't know what I would do in your situation. I would probably tell her that I was sorry for her loss and as for the SA striped bowls I think they are cute and the new thing. Obviously this girl liked PC at one time to become a consultant. It sounds like she may have been a little jealous of you for being a part of PC. She probably couldn't find anybody to host a show with her negative attitude and that is why she is inactive.

April

She is probably saying those things to make her self feel better about being inactive. People at the show maybe wondering why she isn't selling anymore and she knows it. Normally whenever people put down other things its to make themselves look better. She probably wasn't directing her negativity towards you. She may have been kind of embarassed and didn't know how to handle it other than how she did. Since it didn't effect your show I would try to forget about it.

I would have loved to put it back on her... "I'm doing sooo well with PC I can't believe you went inactive.... my customers just woulnd't hear of it. ":)

That's too bad, did she buy anything? I would brush it off, I hope she is not at the other shows you booked. I am sure the host was not happy when she was doing that. I am sure she made people feel unconfortable.

AJPratt said:
I would have loved to put it back on her... "I'm doing sooo well with PC I can't believe you went inactive.... my customers just woulnd't hear of it. ":)

*giggles* Yup, that would've been something along the lines of what I would say too.

I'm so sorry though that the woman acted like that. It really is unprofessional though, and I do think there was some jealousy behind those words.

Why notTurn it around, call her and try to get her to join YOUR team? Does she know about the June sell-a-thon promotion? All she needs is $200 in sales to become active. Remind her that even if she activated just through the holidays, she could have all of her holidays bills paid!

Bet she is really considering it and wanted to see what you felt. You responded so well. Good for you!

:)

Good suggestion but I dont think she is interested in coming back - she has a 6 month old which is one reason she went inactive. I dont think I would want her on my team with that attitude. I am letting it slide like I said. It was a decent party and the only reason she was there is she teaches dance at the same studio as the host. She really loved it when she found out I have only been doing this 18 months and will prob walk the stage as a new Director at conference! :D
I have learned in life there will always be people like that and to get over it, altho sometimes I have to sleep on it!!!

Cindycooks said:
She really loved it when she found out I have only been doing this 18 months and will prob walk the stage as a new Director at conference!

My director says that the best revenge is success!

I had it happen too...Last Novemeber I did a show where a male ex-consultants wife showed up. She was great! He showed up about an hour intot he show and what a pain in the you know what. Every comment he made was negative. I tried my dangdest to nullify these comments to no availe. I finally just cut short what I was saying, closed out the demo and served food. I then took orders. For someone who really hates PC stuff, their order was over $200. But get this one, about a week later after the show, I submitted the show and got the dreaded "card denied" message from Customer Service. It was his. I called to see what we could do and he got totally nasty right away with me about how I should have run the card right away and there would not have been a problem. And he though I said we could cancel the order when I said we could cancel the payment on the order and do it some other way. He totally bent everything I said out of wack. Well anyway, he could not have been much of a consultant if he did not remember that we don't run the cards. PC does just when the order is about to ship. Well, I found out from the host that he quit PC to open a men's apparel shop and it was about to go under. He apparently had no clue about how to run a business. Well, and I hate to admit this, it made me feel great. The reason for his not liking PC was that he lost so much money doing it that he had no choice but to quit. Then he did it to himself again. So my negative ex-consultant is a negative person to begin with. Then I just felt sorry for him and his wife. She married a blow hard who thinks he knows everything about running a business and it turns out he should spell that R U I N I N G. So... just blow it off. There are probaby some major underlying circumstances making that person nasty.

Almost the same here!A woman who was going to sign under me called the home office and signed under someone she didnt know..all b/c the woman was giving her the kit for free if she qualified w/ $1500 by May 31st.
P.S. long story short.. she was at my best friends show. I was annoyed she'd be there b/c 1. at this point I was still annoyed with her 2. I felt she would use my way of selling to her advantage and 3. she wouldnt buy a darn thing! I started my thing and she decided that I needed to play got it want it love it.. i said nope not doing that.. she said oh well then we'll throw candy at YOU if we have it. I was annoyed but as a trooper went on w/ my show. She said wow, I didnt know that.. and Ohh really, look at how she has the thing under the table to throw her stuff away.. I finally said "didnt your director train you?" knowing full well that I learned most of my stuff from you all! She said oh no I just got that dumb video. I said yes I got that but I was also trained.. and I continued w/ the show. I just did my thing, ignoring her rude comments.
During the show she said Wow I should've signed up under Tina.. she's so good! That made it all worth while!!
You did the right thing.. you went on w/ your show and I'm sure she's the one that is annoyed b/c she didnt get to you the way she wanted to. :) Good going!

How rude!I probably would have said something like:
"Well not everyone is interested in staying as a consultant with PC, I'm sure it was fun for you while you were trying it out. I love it and have been quite successful! I have earned so many free things from PC this year alone, not to mention my paychecks!" And then I would have passed that paycheck stub around for everyone to see and then gone into my recruiting mode!! :)
I know when jealousy rears its ugly head, it's not going to be a pretty situation but at least we can try to make the best of it.
There is only so much that can be said to someone who has failed at something, they probably feel that something is wrong with PC instead of something being wrong with them. It's good to show them that others are successful even if they aren't and that life goes on with PC with or without them.

Debbie :D

DebbieSAChef said:
...they probably feel that something is wrong with PC instead of something being wrong with them. It's good to show them that others are successful even if they aren't and that life goes on with PC with or without them. Debbie :D

I couldn't have said it better!:D

Here, Here!That is good! Something is wrong with them and not with PC. AMEN!
(AJ, I am follow you again!) But I totally agree to agree with that statement too!

John, are you going to conference?

1. How can I become an inactive consultant at today's show?

To become an inactive consultant at today's show, you can simply reach out to your Pampered Chef consultant and let them know that you would like to take a break from actively selling products. They will then update your status in our system.

2. Do I lose any benefits or perks by becoming an inactive consultant at today's show?

No, you will still be able to enjoy all the benefits and perks of being a Pampered Chef consultant even if you choose to become inactive at today's show. You will still have access to our consultant community, training, and events.

3. Can I still place orders and earn commission as an inactive consultant at today's show?

No, as an inactive consultant at today's show, you will not be able to place orders or earn commission on sales. However, you can still refer customers to your active consultant and receive rewards for those referrals.

4. Is there a time limit for being an inactive consultant at today's show?

There is no specific time limit for being an inactive consultant at today's show. You can take a break for as long as you need, and when you are ready to become active again, simply reach out to your consultant to make the change.

5. Can I switch back to being an active consultant at today's show at any time?

Yes, you can switch back to being an active consultant at today's show at any time by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant and requesting the change. We understand that life can be unpredictable, and we are happy to accommodate your needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cat
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
SillyChef
  • SherryLynn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • tada