• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm Such an Idiot! but It Worked Out...

In summary, the conversation was about a consultant who had a "D'oh!" moment when she forgot about a past host who ended up placing a $700 catalog order. The consultant offered to split the host benefits with the host's sister and also reminded the host of a past booking that would give her additional benefits. The conversation also touched on booking parties and host coaching.
chefann
Gold Member
We all have those "D'oh!" moments. You know, when you just smack yourself on the forehead for being such an idiot. Well, I had one of those this week, but it turned out GREAT!

A past host of mine had called me back in early April, wanting materials for a catalog show. I sent her a host pack, set her up online, and let her go at it. She's hosted several successful live shows for me, so I wasn't worred about holding her hand. There were no orders on the website, and I, frankly, forgot about her. (That's the idiot part.)

Well, this week she sent me an email that she had orders and was ready to close. I called her, and it was mostly her sister who ordered, and collected a few other orders from friends. But, she had $700 in orders! I asked her if she wanted me to submit it as an April show, or would she rather take advantage of the host special from May or June. This was sneaky on my part because Cari (the host) started collecting the forged cutlery at her last show, and I KNEW she'd want the forged steak knives from June. Which she did!

So she's emailing me the order list, and then I'll call her tomorrow evening to close out with totals, etc. I'm starting June out with a $700 catalog show!

chefann said:
We all have those "D'oh!" moments. You know, when you just smack yourself on the forehead for being such an idiot. Well, I had one of those this week, but it turned out GREAT!

A past host of mine had called me back in early April, wanting materials for a catalog show. I sent her a host pack, set her up online, and let her go at it. She's hosted several successful live shows for me, so I wasn't worred about holding her hand. There were no orders on the website, and I, frankly, forgot about her. (That's the idiot part.)

Well, this week she sent me an email that she had orders and was ready to close. I called her, and it was mostly her sister who ordered, and collected a few other orders from friends. But, she had $700 in orders! I asked her if she wanted me to submit it as an April show, or would she rather take advantage of the host special from May or June. This was sneaky on my part because Cari (the host) started collecting the forged cutlery at her last show, and I KNEW she'd want the forged steak knives from June. Which she did!

So she's emailing me the order list, and then I'll call her tomorrow evening to close out with totals, etc. I'm starting June out with a $700 catalog show!

Wow! I'd say "Great Job"...but that doesn't necessarily apply!:rolleyes: But Congrats! You are half-way to your new "Sharp" products, and almost half-way to the $1500 level.....and still have a whole month to go! Yahoo!!!

what a way to start the month! Great job!!

boy i need a few of those "DOH" moments lol
kool way to start off the month :)

Wow, now that's a happy ending!

Wow Ann! That is terrific! I definately need some DOH moments!

I know! And I feel so bad about forgetting about her, that I told Cari that she and her sister can split the host benefits (since the sister actually collected/placed most of the orders), but I'll cover up to $30 towards a "second" host special, since there's only one per show. (But I just remembered that I had entered a booking for Cari from her last show, and I think it's within 6 months, so she should be able to get the past booking benefit. Kewl!)

Wow! That's great!

This balances out one of those times when you worked really hard and the host flaked. Life is good!

That's funny... my DOH moments don't usually work out like that for me! Cool! And hey, you should take credit because you have obviously done a good job host coaching her in the past.

I have spoken to her about signing, too. She has it in the back of her mind for when her kids are all in school full-time.

Cool! I had one I was talking to who was waiting for her son to be born. It seemed like forever, but now we're in serious discussion.

I hear ya about those D'OH moments...I guess that I put 6pm instead of 11am on labels for this Sunday's show.... and the host put them on the postcards and mailed them out without noticing! (double D'OH!) .....good thing we are both available at 6pm :)

I had almost the same thing happen this morning. I had a show where an aunt of the hostess wanted to order but never got around to doing it. The show closed and about a week later the hostess wanted to know the minimum orders for a cat show. Another month and a half goes by and I got an email this morning with $350 in orders!!! It's like free $$$$ as far as I am concerned. I am going to use them to kick off my June to a great start!

That's great, Jenni!

I love finding a motivated catalog show host who's really good at getting orders.

Related to I'm Such an Idiot! but It Worked Out...

1. What is "I'm Such an Idiot! but It Worked Out..." about?

"I'm Such an Idiot! but It Worked Out..." is a collection of stories and lessons from real people who have made mistakes and found success in spite of them. It is a celebration of resilience and the power of turning failures into opportunities.

2. Is this book only for people in business?

No, this book is for anyone who has ever made a mistake or faced a challenge in any aspect of their life. The stories and lessons in this book are relatable to people from all walks of life.

3. Are there any specific tips or strategies for overcoming mistakes in this book?

Yes, each story in this book is accompanied by specific tips and strategies for turning mistakes into opportunities. These tips are practical and can be applied to various situations in life.

4. Can I read this book even if I have not read the previous books in the series?

Yes, each book in the "I'm Such an Idiot!" series can be read as a standalone book. However, reading the previous books will provide a deeper understanding of the overall theme and message of the series.

5. Is this book available in different formats?

Yes, "I'm Such an Idiot! but It Worked Out..." is available in paperback, e-book, and audio book formats. You can choose the format that best suits your reading preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• amuia
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
monicag
  • deanna_g
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
HealthNut
  • lkhartmann