• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm Looking for a New Way to Demo Stoneware, Any Suggestions?

In summary, the conversation suggests using stoneware to demo Stoneware products. Suggestions include making two batches of brownies in different pans, baking bacon and other foods on a cheap imitation stone, and doing a visual comparison between cookies baked on metal and stoneware. The conversation also includes advice on how to post a new question on a forum.
I'm looking for a new way to demo Stoneware, any suggestions?

Maybe make two batches of brownies, one in a regular 9 X 13 pan (if you still own one) and one in the medium bar ban. Show them the difference.

Bake bacon at 450 degrees for about 15 minutes (cooking time depends on if you like it crispy or chewy).

Here is an attachement that might help too.

Attachments

• A Day in the Life of a Bar Pan.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 398
Buy one of the cheap immitation stones and cook on it for a while. Make garlic bread, fish sticks, etc. It will really start to smell! They are also very porous so all the grease soaks in and all the way through to the bottom!
I found this out when I broke my stone and didn't know anyone selling PC. I bought a cheap one to tide me over.
What a mistake! I am glad I kept it and now that I am a new consultant, I plan on bringing it to my shows to let customers see what an inferior product looks like up against the real thing!

Chocolate Chip CookiesI haven't done this for a while (maybe I should!) but it was a great visual. I baked a cookie on a metal cookie sheet and one on a stone. (Okay, I actually baked more...I just ate the rest!) I passed each cookie around the room so they could see the two cookies side by side. The one baked on metal had a smooth, shiny, dark bottom...was hard. The stoneware cookie was perfect. I also baked a cookie on a stone for 40 miutes and showed how it looked...didn't burn, etc. Got lots of oohs and ahhs.

I have heard of some consultants baking a batch of cookies (refrigerated dough) or a frozen pizza before the guests arrive. Time it so that it is coming out of the oven as they are walking in so they can smell it. Pass them around and let people nibble while you are doing your opening.

How do I post a new questionSorry, I know this isn't about this thread, but I need to know how to post a new question. All I can seem to figure out is how to respond.

Thanks,
chefrobina

GeorgiaPeach said:
I haven't done this for a while (maybe I should!) but it was a great visual. I baked a cookie on a metal cookie sheet and one on a stone. (Okay, I actually baked more...I just ate the rest!) I passed each cookie around the room so they could see the two cookies side by side. The one baked on metal had a smooth, shiny, dark bottom...was hard. The stoneware cookie was perfect. I also baked a cookie on a stone for 40 miutes and showed how it looked...didn't burn, etc. Got lots of oohs and ahhs.

I have been doing this since I started my business in May 04. I am a BIG cookie baker- made over 150 dozen cookies for the holidays :eek: - anyway I made a batch of Snickerdoodles (these and chocolate chip are what I'm "known" for!) :) . Baked one dozen on my aluminum sheet, that I had to dig around in the basement to find, and the rest on a stone. Took 1 cookie from each and stuck it in a baggie. I have carried the SAME cookie samples for almost 2 years now!! :eek: But you're right - it really shows the difference between aluminum and stoneware. It's a great visual. Just make sure to tell them about the "10 minute rule". When your baking time is 10 minutes or less, count on adding 2-3 minutes to your cooking time.

Lee Anne

chefrobina said:
Sorry, I know this isn't about this thread, but I need to know how to post a new question. All I can seem to figure out is how to respond.

Thanks,
chefrobina
Click on "Chefsuccess.com a COmmunity of PC Consultants in the top bar of the page. Then click on the "Topic" your question would fit into - bookings... recruiting....

At the top of that bar it will say "New Thread" Click on that and you can start your new topic.

feliciamck said:
Buy one of the cheap immitation stones and cook on it for a while. Make garlic bread, fish sticks, etc. It will really start to smell! They are also very porous so all the grease soaks in and all the way through to the bottom!
I found this out when I broke my stone and didn't know anyone selling PC. I bought a cheap one to tide me over.
What a mistake! I am glad I kept it and now that I am a new consultant, I plan on bringing it to my shows to let customers see what an inferior product looks like up against the real thing!
I love this idea but I don't think I can bring myself to waste money on an inferior stone - but it is a great story that we can all use! "I know a consultant who...". Thanks!

What is stoneware and why is it beneficial for cooking?

Stoneware is a type of ceramic material that is fired at high temperatures, making it durable and able to withstand high heat. It is beneficial for cooking because it distributes heat evenly and retains heat well, making it perfect for baking and roasting. It also has a natural non-stick surface, making it easy to clean.

What are some creative ways to demonstrate stoneware to potential customers?

Some creative ways to demonstrate stoneware include making a one-pot meal like a casserole or soup, baking a dessert like a fruit crisp or bread, or roasting vegetables. You can also showcase its versatility by using it to cook both sweet and savory dishes.

Can stoneware be used in the microwave?

Yes, stoneware can be safely used in the microwave as long as it does not have any metal components, such as decorative handles. It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for proper use and care in the microwave.

How should I clean and care for stoneware?

To clean stoneware, simply use hot water and a mild soap. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaners, as they can damage the stoneware's surface. It is also important to avoid sudden temperature changes, such as placing hot stoneware in cold water, as this can cause it to crack. Let stoneware cool down before cleaning, and avoid using metal utensils on the surface.

Can stoneware be used on the stovetop?

No, stoneware is not recommended for use on the stovetop as it is not designed to withstand direct heat from a burner. It is best used in the oven or microwave.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• stefani2
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
stefani2
Replies
Views
its_me_susan
  • pamperedkel
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies