• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I'm Concerned About New Recipes Due To...

adding 1/2 cup pineapple juice to theamount called for should do the trick) So if you are allergic to pineapple, you can substitute golden raisins for the dried pineapple in the jerk chicken salad and island breeze rum cake.
Lisa/ChefBear
Gold Member
I'm allergic to pineapple and have double gloved to make recipes when hostesses insist on pineapple.

I try and steer them away from pineapple due to my allergy, but I hate making things with it, don't keep it in house or anything, so what do you suggest I do about new themes as MOST have pineapple in them??

Ideas?? Suggestions??

Lisa

Have your host or a guest help you prepare the dishes with pineapple in them. Explain to everyone that you are allergic and they will understand.

ooooohhh but then I didn't think about the pineapple residue on all your items.... that complicates it more....maybe your host will also wash your dishes too? Oh, that's a toughie, maybe someone else will have a better idea.

Then don't do them. Keep doing that you've been doing and you'll be fine!

Hey, maybe you could just substitute mango or peaches or another fruit for the pineapple?

Do you think I can email HO yet, even if I haven't heard officially from my director and see what they say??

I'm very concerned about this, my family has a huge pineapple allergy. I really don't even want the pineapple on my items to bring home or anything.

I'm afraid this will limit what I can do to follow the themes.

Lisa

I think you should call the HO Test Kitchens. I'm sure they can give you items to substitute that would work just as well. It is their job to develop these recipes, so I'm sure they've already tried other things and can give you the best answers.

That's the beauty of cooking...you can substitute things that you like better and they will still come out ok!

Just sent an email to HO about this, I'll post when they respond.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Lisa

pamperedlinda said:
Hey, maybe you could just substitute mango or peaches or another fruit for the pineapple?

I'm with Linda - I think if you sub. mango, or another tropical fruit it would work just fine.
OR - have the host prepare some pineapple using her own tools, and have guests add it in when they are serving themselves.

Do the layered cake one - very pretty and no pineapple!

continue to offer other recipes IT IS YOUR BUSINESS just because HO offers us theme shows ideas doesn't mean you have to use them. Especially with a severe allergy.
I will offer them o my hosts ALONG with the packet of other recipes I love to demo!! They will choose what they want to serve to their friends.
baked potstickers
asparagus phyllo wraps
profiterole puffs

DebbieJ said:
Then don't do them. Keep doing that you've been doing and you'll be fine!

That was my idea too. I don't usually do the 'new and current' recipes. I find what is comfortable and do that. I definitely change my recipes/themes up, but since I'm so new to cooking shows still (had mainly catalog shows the past 2 years), I definitely do what makes me comfortable! You don't want to stress when you're running a show!

Where are ya'll finding the new recipes? I can't find them.

Teresa Lynn said:
continue to offer other recipes IT IS YOUR BUSINESS just because HO offers us theme shows ideas doesn't mean you have to use them. Especially with a severe allergy.........
I rarely do the "Theme show" recipes at my shows.

Carolyn,
I'm going by what's listed in the New CN and most of the ingredients have pineapple listed.

I'm still waiting to hear from HO and hope they have a good alternative.

Lisa

Lisa/ChefBear said:
Carolyn,
I'm going by what's listed in the New CN and most of the ingredients have pineapple listed.

I'm still waiting to hear from HO and hope they have a good alternative.

Lisa

AH, now I seee. I totally understand as I am deathly allergic to mango and like you, can't even touch it. I am not one to do the seasonal recipes though - I tend to have about 12 recipes that I am comfy with and I rotate them...only occasionally trying out new ones.

Use mango or kiwi.

I've got answers from HOI got 2 seperate emails from HO test kitchen and in the first one she said this:

In Caribbean Meat-Filled Pastries, you can
substitute golden raisins for the dried pineapple.

Here's second email:

I was able to speak to the manager of recipe applications; she had some
substitutions you can try. Please bear in mind that these have not been
tested, but she feels confident that with slight variances in timing for
the baked goods, these should work well:

Jerk Chicken Salad (I would suggest substituting diced mango for the
sweetness and to keep with the tropical flavor profile, however, I would
not grill it)

Glazed Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry (just 1 cup pineapple juice to make the
sauce) Orange juice can be substituted, but will change the flavor
slightly)

Aloha Pizza (diced mango)

Island Breeze Rum Cake (I would have to recommend that the cake mix be
prepared according to the package directions and that the coconut can
still be added in. The pineapple cannot be simply left out, because it
is providing additional moisture to the batter. Again, not tested, but
feel confident. Time might change slightly.)

Tropical Wontons with Mango Sauce (we have not tested, but might
suggest additional mango. Please pass on that this has not been tested)

Gosh, Carolyn these won't help you, as most tell me to put Mango in.

Lisa

You can generally substitute really ripe or canned peaches for mango. The flavor won't be exactly the same, but it will still be moist and fruity.

For the Island rum cake - add an equal amount of mandarin oranges for the pineapple. I have a cake where I have done that before (Thought I had pineapple, but it was mandarin oranges!) and it turned out fine.....

Only offer your host recipes you feel comfortable demo'ing.

I am planning on demo'ing the microwave chicken until it gets to be summer! Love the ease of the recipe and it gives me time to chat up our products, opportunity, etc while it's in the oven.

In fact, the two shows I booked today, as we talked about recipes, I steered both hosts to the chicken.

There's no reason to put your health at risk. Maybe the triffle doesn't have pineapple in it. If so, that would be a great recipe to demo. Very "ooooohhhhh" kind of thing, big wow factor.

Like many of the PP's, I've never really incorporated the season's themes into my shows. I might offer the rum cake this time, but most of the other recipes don't interest me. Use recipes from other seasons, or use this site for other ideas!

dannyzmom said:
AH, now I seee. I totally understand as I am deathly allergic to mango and like you, can't even touch it. I am not one to do the seasonal recipes though - I tend to have about 12 recipes that I am comfy with and I rotate them...only occasionally trying out new ones.

GOD...I need 1 recipe I am comfy with...:eek:

I rarely use the theme show recipes, so just do what works for you. That's one of the great perks of owning a Pampered Chef business.

raebates said:
I rarely use the theme show recipes, so just do what works for you. That's one of the great perks of owning a Pampered Chef business.
Amen, sister!

It's nice to offer the theme shows, especially if you have a lot of "been there, done that" hosts and guests. But if you don't feel comfortable with them, you won't have an effective demo.

Or you can take an old recipe and doctor it to match the theme. Make Cookie Pizza, but instead of cherries, use kiwi, pineapple and mango. :)

dannyzmom said:
Where are ya'll finding the new recipes? I can't find them.

We did this one at our meeting yesterday ~ it is soooo good!

Attachments

• -) ALOHA PIZZA.doc
    21 KB · Views: 453
Leadership attendees got 3 of them in our packets. All of them will be in the changeover boxes. Smart Leadership attendees took pics of the pages in the SBRC in the product room to have the recipes (I thought of that on the plane home).

Related to I'm Concerned About New Recipes Due To...

1. What if I have dietary restrictions?

At Pampered Chef, we understand that everyone has different dietary needs. That's why we offer a variety of recipes that cater to specific dietary restrictions such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian. You can also use our recipe filters to find recipes that meet your specific dietary needs.

2. I'm worried about the cost of buying new ingredients for recipes.

We strive to make our recipes budget-friendly and use ingredients that are easily accessible. You can also substitute ingredients if you already have them on hand or if there is a more affordable option available. Our consultants can also provide tips on how to save money while still enjoying delicious meals.

3. What if I don't have the right kitchen tools or equipment for the new recipes?

Pampered Chef offers a wide range of high-quality kitchen tools and equipment that can make cooking new recipes easier and more enjoyable. Our consultants can also provide tips on how to use basic kitchen tools to achieve the same results. You can also reach out to our customer service team for any questions about specific tools or equipment needed for a recipe.

4. I'm concerned about the time and effort required for new recipes.

We understand that everyone has a busy schedule, which is why we offer a variety of recipes that can be made in under 30 minutes. Our consultants can also provide tips on meal prepping and time-saving techniques to make cooking new recipes more efficient. You can also use our recipe filters to find recipes that fit your desired cooking time.

5. What if my family or guests don't like the new recipes?

Trying new recipes can be daunting, but it can also be a fun and exciting experience. If your family or guests are hesitant to try new recipes, you can involve them in the cooking process or ask for their input on recipe choices. Our consultants can also provide tips on how to introduce new flavors and ingredients to picky eaters. And if all else fails, you can always fall back on some tried and true Pampered Chef favorites.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DessertDivaFL
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pamperedlinda
  • nikked
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
nikked
  • Lisa/ChefBear