• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ideas for Really Spoiling a Host?

In summary, the author suggests various ways to spoil and help out a host with a Kitchen Show that they are hosting on their anniversary. They suggest buying the ingredients, bringing a helper, providing a special treat, and reducing the calorie content. They also suggest substituting ingredients, using healthy ingredients, or adding them to the recipe.
WendyAebi
I booked a show on the anniversary of the first Kitchen Show I ever attended by telling the host that that date was reserved for a host who wanted to be spoiled rotten. Now I need ideas to follow through! :eek: I already do the shopping and mailing for all my hosts. What are some other things you can suggest?

I HATE to vacuum, so maybe show up early and vacuum for her! Give her a special treat. Wait on her hand and foot and really go out of your way for her!

Buy the ingredients for whatever it is your demonstrating that way she doesn't have to.

Bring along a helper to help you pass out brochures, hand out prizes, wash up your demonstration products, so the host can just relax and enjoy the show. *yes I expect my hostess to at least help me wash what I've used to get HER free products*

Have fun!

Love these ideas!

Why not buy her a new pair of slippers to wear (Kohls has great sales right now) and a tiara? Or just offer her $10 more in free products?

Good luck ~ great idea!!!

just brainstorming what I might do in your situation - pay for a person/cleaning service to clean her house for the show.
I also try to help the host straighten up and put chairs, tables, etc. back to their normal spots after the show.

Well, guess what almost fell on my head when I was pulling out snow clothes for the kids this morning! A full size soap & lotion set that I had completely forgotten about! I always give my hosts a SB and the sample size lotion, so I think I'll give her this. I think I'll also have a little gift for everybody there, like a SB. Is it cheesy (or would it sound manipulative?) to tell them that I normally give them to hosts, so when they book, I'll have an upgraded thank you gift for them? (I'm thinking of the small spatulas we can order through paperwork & supply. I have a bunch of those on hand.) I just hate it when somebody gives me something and then acts like I then owe them something, know what I mean? I wouldn't want to do that to somebody else.

Here's some info to lighten up cookies (I haven't tried any of these):

To reduce the calories:

Replace butter with reduced-fat stick margarine. Avoid tub or whipped margarine; it contains too much water, which will result in dry, crumbly cookies.

Use unsweetened applesauce to replace half of the fat. You'll get better results if you drain the applesauce first for 5 to 10 minutes in a colander lined with paper towels. You may also be able to reduce the sugar content, since the applesauce provides some additional sweetness.

Bake meringue cookies. Based on egg whites, they're lower in calories and fat than many other types of cookies.

Try whipped prunes, available either as baby-food strained prunes or in the baking section of the grocery store. Replace one cup of oil or fat with a half cup of prunes. This technique works best in brownies or cake-like cookies. The combination of prunes and chocolate is heavenly!

Try Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking or Equal Sugar Lite in place of regular sugar. Both combine their sugar substitute with equal amounts of real sugar, cutting the calories from sugar in your recipes by half. For best results, look for cookie recipes from their Websites before you experiment with your family favorites.

To add healthy ingredients:

Replace half the flour with whole wheat pastry flour. Whole wheat pastry flour results in light, airy cookies with the health benefits of 100 percent whole wheat.

Replace 1/4 cup of the flour in a recipe with plain rolled oats. You'll add more fiber, which can help reduce heart disease.

Substitute dried fruit or chopped nuts for part of the chocolate chips.

What are some unique and luxurious gifts I can give my host?

Some ideas for really spoiling a host include a spa gift basket, a personalized cooking class, a fancy dinner at a gourmet restaurant, a weekend getaway, or a subscription box for their favorite hobby.

Do you have any suggestions for DIY gifts that I can make for my host?

There are plenty of DIY gift ideas for hosts, such as homemade candles, sugar scrubs, infused oils or vinegars, or a customized recipe book. These gifts show thought and effort and can be tailored to the preferences of your host.

What are some thoughtful gestures I can do to make my host feel special?

Some simple but meaningful gestures to spoil your host include writing a heartfelt thank-you note, offering to help with cleaning up after the event, bringing a small potted plant or bouquet of flowers, or giving them a thoughtful compliment or personalized gift.

Are there any budget-friendly options for spoiling a host?

Yes, there are many ways to spoil a host without breaking the bank. Some ideas include cooking a special meal for them, giving them a gift card to their favorite store or restaurant, or creating a personalized gift like a photo album or handmade craft.

Do you have any recommendations for gifts that can be used during the event?

Some practical yet luxurious gifts that can be used during the event include a set of high-quality kitchen utensils, a beautiful serving platter or dish, a fancy bottle of wine or champagne, or a set of cozy throw blankets for outdoor gatherings.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sarahsellcm
  • krusacbeth
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
JennyJennJen
  • ChefJWarren
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies