• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ideas for Quick 2Nd Appetizer Recipe

In summary, Becky is preparing a show Friday and does not have a final guest count yet. She is considering the Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie and a quick appetizer. She also suggests the Cheesy Spinach pinwheels and the Hot Pizza Dip.
pamperedbecky
Hi everyone!
I have a show Friday and I don't have a final total for the guest count yet, but it's bound to be big since she invited 60 people. I'm doing the Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie and since it's a pretty long bake time, I was trying to think of a 2nd recipe. I was all set to do a microwave cake in the Fluted Pan so I can show some stoneware, but realized this is probably a bit much with the RICH skillet brownie. I love the Touchdown Taco Dip, but this is a little more involved than I'd want to do.

Any suggestions on a quick appetizer that would highlight the stoneware? I just can't think right now since I have SO much to do today. Possibly something that I can pre-bake (like that has a crust with crescent rolls), then finish during the actual demo. I love the Seven Layer Salad Squares but this is a little more involved than I want, too. I thought I'd throw this out there and see if any of you had a good 2nd recipe like that. Thanks so much for any suggestions I can get!! :)

How about the Cheesy Spinach pinwheels? I love these! They are soooo easy! And, they showcase stoneware with a short cooking time. Just an idea!

2nd Appetizer Idea - Layered Chili Cheese DipI have used this recipe with the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake and I found it's a good mixture of sweet and savory. It's a good showpiece for the Deep Dish Baker or any of the Stoneware dishes and it's been popular with old and young.

Layered Chili Cheese Dip

1 pkg (250g) cream cheese (softened)
2 cloves garlic (pressed)
1 can (425g) Stagg Chili
1/2 med onion (chopped)
1 cup chunky salsa
1 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
1 bag tortilla chips

1. Put cream cheese in Deep Dish Baker. Using Garlic Press add garlic on top of cream cheese. Mix and spread mixture over bottom of baker using Classic Scraper.

2. Using Smooth-Edge Can Opener open Stagg Chili and pour into Classic Batter Bowl. Using Measure-All Cup add salsa. Use Food Chopper to chop onion and add to bowl and mix. Pour this mixture on top of cream cheese/garlic layer and spread evenly.

3. Use Deluxe Cheese Grater to grate cheddar cheese on top of whole mixture.

4. Bake in oven (350F) until bubbly (15 mins).

5. Serve with tortilla chips.

The Hot Pizza Dip is quick and easy and you use two stones...one for the bread and one for the dip.

Have the bread almost done, I use the Kitchen Spritzer for the olive oil, just spritz a few of the bread slices. Bake it while the cake is baking. Serve bread on the Rect. Simple Additions platter...w/WS if you have it... looks great!

???still racking my brain for ya...

Thanks for all the great ideas. I love all of them. I also found the "Chicken Caesar Salad Pizza" in the It's Good for You cookbook that looks really good! It may be mind of messy to cut and eat, but it would be a good complement to the Molten Chocolate Skillet Brownie!!

I'll present these ideas to the host and see what she thinks. I'm thinking the Pizza Dip.....I used to make that a ton and it's very easy. Thanks again!

Hey Becky! I made the Crispy Ranch Chicken Salad that was a celebration show in 2003. EVERYONE LOVED IT and all asked for a copy of the recipe. I'll attach it here and that recipe is very easy to make also. :)

Attachments

• celebrations_crcs.pdf
    771.1 KB · Views: 517

1. What are some easy and quick appetizer ideas for a second course?

Some quick and easy appetizer ideas for a second course include bruschetta, stuffed mushrooms, mini quiches, cheese and fruit platters, and shrimp cocktail.

2. Can you suggest any make-ahead appetizers for a second course?

Yes, some make-ahead appetizer ideas for a second course include antipasto skewers, deviled eggs, spinach and artichoke dip, crostini with various toppings, and meat and cheese pinwheels.

3. Are there any vegetarian options for a second course appetizer?

Absolutely! Some delicious vegetarian options for a second course appetizer include roasted vegetable bruschetta, caprese skewers, vegetable spring rolls, baked brie with fruit and crackers, and hummus with pita chips.

4. What are some quick and easy dips that can be served as a second course appetizer?

Quick and easy dips that can be served as a second course appetizer include buffalo chicken dip, guacamole, spinach and artichoke dip, crab dip, and black bean and corn salsa.

5. Can you recommend any healthy options for a second course appetizer?

Yes, there are many healthy options for a second course appetizer, such as fruit and veggie platters with dip, roasted chickpeas, cucumber and hummus bites, grilled vegetable skewers, and avocado toast bites.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• RossDeb2
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
CathyP
  • cookingwithhart
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
  • marystell1