• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ideas for Informal Fundraiser Demo

In summary, the director suggested displaying PC items and serving finger foods as parents come to pick up their children at the end of the day. This is a more child-friendly way to ask parents to attend a kick-off show, rather than asking them to attend in person. The food chopper and the cut and seal are possible demos for the parents. The bread dipping seasonings are a good idea, but most appetizers would need to be prepared the night before. Finally, the school fundraiser closed out at over $2,200. Thanks to everyone who provided advice.
knpfaff
I am doing a fundraiser for a Montessori Early Learning Center (my first fundraiser). Rather than ask the parents to attend a kick-off show, the director suggested displaying PC items and serving finger foods as parents come to pick up their children at the end of the day.

I would also like to have a demo table or two set up for the children so the parents can see how child-friendly some of our products are. For instance, my son loves using the Apple/Peeler/Corer/Slicer. However, something like that would require close adult supervision.

Any ideas on recipes or demos for the kids? Keep in mind that the client group for this school is heavily into organic and healthy foods. Sugar is not something to be found too much in their diets, if at all. Also, most of the appetizers would need to be prepared the night before.

I look forward to hearing your suggestions! I check this site each day for ideas and inspiration but this is my first post.

Bread and dipping oils...I think the food chopper is pretty kid friendly while in use...Salad and berry spinner...

Thanks for the ideas. I've personally never been a fan of bread dipped in oil so I didn't think of it; however, I think this group of parents would love something like that.

The food chopper is also a definite possibility--my son comes running to help any time he sees me pulling it out. :)

The cut and seal is good, so are the mini bamboo spoons. Look at recipes in the It's Good For You cookbook, also search under express shows for some pointers.

tuxedo brownie bites with fat free creamcheese and fat free coolwhip - only sugar is from brownies...do bread dipping seasoningsveggie tray with crinkle cutter!

I don't really have any ideas but I would say definately keep it simple, I know when I am picking up my kids from school I am just trying to get in and out of there as fast as I can. It is even more crazy at this time of the year when everyone is trying to get back into the routine.

I understand what you're saying but, honestly, this school is different. I worked there for a while and the biggest problem is getting the parents to leave! They love to watch their kids in the school environment and invariably spend 15--20 minutes talking with the teachers and the other parents. That's one reason the director suggested doing demos at this time. She said if they're going to hang around for so long it might as well be beneficial to the school :)

Just an update--the school fundraiser closed out at over $2,200. With a preschool of only 20 families in a small community, I am very pleased with the end result!

Thanks to everyone who provided advice. I am now in preparations for a fundraiser with my son's elementary school (500 kids, I think). Hoping for the best!

Wow, congrats! I'm gearing up for my first fundraisers as well. 2 at school and one for my girl's dance team studio. I'm feeling overwhelmed, but hearing your success is inspiring!

That's GREAT! Congratulations on a successful fundraiser!!! :D

What are some easy recipes to demonstrate at an informal fundraiser?

Some easy recipes to demonstrate at an informal fundraiser could include dips, such as spinach artichoke dip or buffalo chicken dip, as well as no-bake desserts like chocolate peanut butter bars or fruit tartlets.

What are some tips for setting up a successful informal fundraiser demo?

Some tips for setting up a successful informal fundraiser demo include choosing a convenient location with a lot of foot traffic, offering samples of the food being demonstrated, and having plenty of product available for purchase.

Are there any products that are particularly popular for fundraisers?

Yes, some popular products for fundraisers include the Manual Food Processor, the Mini Deep Covered Baker, and the Stoneware Rectangular Baker. These products are versatile and can be used for a variety of recipes.

How can I get people excited about attending an informal fundraiser demo?

You can get people excited about attending an informal fundraiser demo by promoting the event through social media, creating a fun and inviting atmosphere, and offering special deals or promotions on products.

Can I customize the recipes for an informal fundraiser demo to fit the dietary needs of attendees?

Yes, you can customize the recipes for an informal fundraiser demo to fit the dietary needs of attendees. Pampered Chef offers a variety of recipes that cater to different dietary restrictions, such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian options.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • rudy31
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
rudy31
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies